Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 05:09 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDinganSich View Post
I didn't call you a murderer, I called you a "soldier."
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDinganSich
Please, do share your stories.

If you are a murde- I mean "soldier" than save your bias story for someone else.
Nice try.

Still reported.

And saved.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:11 PM

155 posts, read 146,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Nice try.

Still reported.

And saved.
You obviously didn't get the sarcasm.

I bet you think you are doing "God's" work don't you?

Old 02-24-2011, 05:15 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
Quote:
You obviously didn't get the sarcasm.

I bet you think you are doing "God's" work don't you?
Whew, so you saying something sarcastic - that makes slander okay, right?

And you know NOTHING of my religion.

Assuming again I see.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:19 PM

155 posts, read 146,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Whew, so you saying something sarcastic - that makes slander okay, right?

And you know NOTHING of my religion.

Assuming again I see.
Just saying, war is technically state sponsored murder and if you go to another country and occupy their land expect them to not have a good opinion towards you.

And than try to lecture people back home on how much they "hate" you.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:58 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times
Misleading by using the low % of fundamentalist Christians in order to prove the point. I went to Catholic school: learned about evolution in science class and then went to Theology class where we were taught Genesis wasn't meant to be taken literally. Nice try.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:08 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Quote:
And Christianity.
Yes, we could add many things to the list such as astrology, each and every religion/superstition, etc. But those weren't the topic of the thread.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:36 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
What I don't understand about Islam is whether it insists that women cover their faces, dress in sacks and deny their sexuality because it fears them, or because it fears that all men are potential rapists.

Or whether its jealousy of the West is rooted in its own backwardness and inability to develop basic technological skills, indigenous educational institutions, or significant intellectual or research innovations, or its resentment of westerners for having come to its land, discovered and tapped its petroleum resouces, taught it people how to extract them, and made them indolent and shallow.

Or might it be the ability of the Israelis to establish a thriving progressive democracy in the heart of the Middle East, while the Islamic countries which surround it remain controlled by geriatric despots like the al-Sauds or, religious fanatics like the Iranian mullahs with their barbaric stongings and beheadings (and truly frightening pursuit of nuclear weapons, which was recently eviscerated by the American/Israeli computer attacks, which left the Iranian centrifuges whirling impotently), or tin-pot totalitarian dictators like Nasser, Saddam Hussen, Khadafy, Mubarek, or Hafez Assad?

At any rate, there certainly appears to be some connection between Islam and the backwardness of its culture and followers.

Am I wrong? Are these the sixth, seventh, and eighth ridiculous things about Islam that some people have probable cause to believe?

Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Misleading by using the low % of fundamentalist Christians in order to prove the point. I went to Catholic school: learned about evolution in science class and then went to Theology class where we were taught Genesis wasn't meant to be taken literally. Nice try.
Catholics teach that humans are a special exception to evolution, don't they? You aren't being entirely honest. Catholics are also not fundamental Christians, being a Catholic you should know this as well. As for low %, fundamentalism is a small number, however Christians still make up the vast majority of the worlds religious.

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.5 billion
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

Of course if Islam has its way with the Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheists, they will either have 2.6b or there will be 1.1b less people on the earth. Somewhere in the middle should be about right.

Last edited by steven_h; 02-24-2011 at 08:23 PM..

Old 02-24-2011, 08:16 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Forgetting the Christian abortion clinic bombings? Wasn't it just a few years ago that someone killed a Doctor in the name of a Christian God?

There are extremists in every religion. There are murders and rapes going on in Africa right now in the name of the Christian God, as well as Muhammad.

More people have been killed in the name of God, regardless of which one, then any other reason in the history of man. Christianity is just a little older than Islam. Give them another thousand years and they'll be where Christians are now. Of course there would be a new religion to take Islams place in the world. This is the way things work in our world.
Post links to where Christians are doing the persecuting and not the ones being persecuted. The only excuse I hear to justify Christian persecution is from the crusades over 700 years ago, or the Spanish conquests of the Americas. You do know that Muslims still want to kill all Christians because of the crusades, don't you?

And it's rediculous to equate the murder of an abortion doctor by a lunatic with the orchestrated murder of 3000 completely innocent people and injuring of thousands more. One is an isolated muder by an idiot, the other an act of war by religious madmen.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:26 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Only 20% of muslims live in the middle east? Now that's surprising. I had no idea it was that low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies