Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:26 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

the FEDERAL minimum wage should be $0.00

the states should set their own minimum wage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 09:27 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the FEDERAL minimum wage should be $0.00

the states should set their own minimum wage
Constitutionally I agree with you. Practically lets fix that one after we fix the housing bubble.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:28 AM

873 posts, read 1,804,492 times
You can't seriously believe that the minimum wage could be increased by 4X and nothing else would change!!!! If that happened, there wouldn't be anymore $180K houses! A hamburger at a fast food joint would probably cost $25! Unemployment would be astronomical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
At $30 per hr everyone that was working a minimum wage job should be able to buy a $180K house. Or so. That is my point. We are way over built on houses. This is going to be driving the prices down for a very long time to come. Decades. Tens of years. If you want this mess to be over in your lifetime then up minimum wage by 4X now!!!!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Constitutionally I agree with you. Practically lets fix that one after we fix the housing bubble.
housing needs to come down about 40-50% more

housing tripled in less than 10 years from 1995-2005..when the NORMAL would be to double in 20 years...housing NEEDS to FALL

Old 02-25-2011, 09:35 AM

371 posts, read 393,311 times
Quote:
At $30 per hr everyone that was working a minimum wage job should be able to buy a $180K house. Or so. That is my point. We are way over built on houses. This is going to be driving the prices down for a very long time to come. Decades. Tens of years. If you want this mess to be over in your lifetime then up minimum wage by 4X now!!!!

Wow.
Just when I think I've seen all the stupidity I can, this comes along.

So McDonald's employees should get $30/hour?
How much should a Boeing employee get?
How about a mechanic at a Ford dealership?

If you want to help out the poor, we need to reduce the number of them. How about deporting 12 million illegals (opens up some jobs and lowers competition for those jobs)?
At the same time eliminate welfare and replace it with a small 6 month subsidy for married couples struggling and a 100% subsidized birth control program. Since having children is the #1 cause of poverty, this would help people as well.

There you go. A massive shift to help th epoor.

As far as home prices, they are too high and need to come down. Deflating the population and reducing crime will open up a lot of housing and make it more affordable to all.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
You can't seriously believe that the minimum wage could be increased by 4X and nothing else would change!!!!
I’m actually looking for some changes. Like unding the housing bubble for starters Front Page Here is a good pice on what we can expect from housing bubble.
Quote:
If that happened, there wouldn't be anymore $180K houses!
You said it. Again you said it. The fed is doing everything it can to get the housing prices to go up and you said it. Upping minimum wage will drive housing prices higher.
Quote:
A hamburger at a fast food joint would probably cost $25!
I wash that wouldn’t be the case but you can’t have everything.
Quote:
Unemployment would be astronomical!
If you were to print some more money and give it to everyone then unemployment would be the same or go down. All by itself upping the minimum wage would do a (what)X on unemployment.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
housing needs to come down about 40-50% more

housing tripled in less than 10 years from 1995-2005..when the NORMAL would be to double in 20 years...housing NEEDS to FALL
Falling housing is worse for the economy than a bit of inflation. Deflation is an economy killer. We've got it and higher commodity prices as well. It is the ratio of housing prices to income that matters. Upping income does the same thing as dropping housing prices. More or less. We are going to be having inflation unless we pull $7Trillion out of circulation. Got any ideas about how to do that one.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:43 AM

47 posts, read 22,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
Or you should try to improve your skills so you can earn more without having to look with great sorrowful puppy eyes at the State to provide for you

Old 02-25-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
Wow.
Just when I think I've seen all the stupidity I can, this comes along.
The stupidity was printing $7Trillion over the last ten years. That was incredibly stupid.

Quote:
So McDonald's employees should get $30/hour?
Yes that is the way of it.
Quote:
How much should a Boeing employee get?
a lot more
Quote:
How about a mechanic at a Ford dealership?
a lot more

Quote:
If you want to help out the poor,
I could give a rats arse about the poor. This is all about bailing out the banks from their own stupidity.
Quote:
we need to reduce the number of them. How about deporting 12 million illegals (opens up some jobs and lowers competition for those jobs)?
At the same time eliminate welfare and replace it with a small 6 month subsidy for married couples struggling and a 100% subsidized birth control program. Since having children is the #1 cause of poverty, this would help people as well.

There you go. A massive shift to help th epoor.

As far as home prices, they are too high and need to come down. Deflating the population and reducing crime will open up a lot of housing and make it more affordable to all.
Hmm you bought a line of bull from someone. I think the name is Rockefeller.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Falling housing is worse for the economy than a bit of inflation. Deflation is an economy killer. We've got it and higher commodity prices as well. It is the ratio of housing prices to income that matters. Upping income does the same thing as dropping housing prices. More or less. We are going to be having inflation unless we pull $7Trillion out of circulation. Got any ideas about how to do that one.
the house hasnt change, but the COST sure has

in my ares a basic house was 125-150k in 1995....in 2005 a basic house was 450-500k....dont you just think that housing prices need to comeback down to where a workingclass person can afford it

why would you CONTINUE to deVlaue the dollar

you do realize that increasing the minimum would also increase EVERY OTHER salary out there,,, and the cost of every ITEM we buy with those dollars...or should we go the way of the ruuble(sp?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies