Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 01:10 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times

Advertisements

In House Bill 1, a bill Franklin proposed that would outlaw abortion, a section of existing Georgia statute is quoted which requires that every "spontaneous fetal death" have its cause investigated by the "proper investigating official." The bill would also make abortion and (human caused) miscarriages punishable by death or life in prison.

Franklin is a fierce opponent of abortion and gay rights. Franklin holds that America has strayed from its Christian past and the country needs to be changed into a Christian nation. Franklin believes that legislation that is in direct opposition to God's word will bring about the wrath of God.

Bobby Franklin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Our government. In action!

I thought this was a joke, at first. Not a joke. Heh. Better be able to explain that miscarriage, woman who just lost a baby and now has to explain to the authorities how you lost it in excruciating detail or face the death penalty person.

I thought America was better than this.

Of course, it will never pass. It certainly wastes someone in the legislature's time though, like the rape vs. rape-rape bill or ...was it last week, you can kill an abortion provider and maybe it's justifible homicide bill. Yeah.

It's Not Just SD: Slew Of New State Laws Put Pro-Choicers On Notice | TPMDC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 01:13 PM

256 posts, read 216,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
was it last week, you can kill an abortion provider and maybe it's justifible homicide bill. Yeah.
As has been discussed on another thread, the SD bill in no way allows for someone to kill an abortion provider and then claim justifiable homicide.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:15 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
In House Bill 1, a bill Franklin proposed that would outlaw abortion, a section of existing Georgia statute is quoted which requires that every "spontaneous fetal death" have its cause investigated by the "proper investigating official." The bill would also make abortion and (human caused) miscarriages punishable by death or life in prison.

Franklin is a fierce opponent of abortion and gay rights. Franklin holds that America has strayed from its Christian past and the country needs to be changed into a Christian nation. Franklin believes that legislation that is in direct opposition to God's word will bring about the wrath of God.

Bobby Franklin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Our government. In action!

I thought this was a joke, at first. Not a joke. Heh. Better be able to explain that miscarriage, woman who just lost a baby and now has to explain to the authorities how you lost it in excruciating detail or face the death penalty person.

I thought America was better than this.

Of course, it will never pass. It certainly wastes someone in the legislature's time though, like the rape vs. rape-rape bill or ...was it last week, you can kill an abortion provider and maybe it's justifible homicide bill. Yeah.

It's Not Just SD: Slew Of New State Laws Put Pro-Choicers On Notice | TPMDC
Welcome to the new re-spun version of Libertarianism.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
This is exactly why i'd hoped that the GOP would take control of the House and Senate in the last election. They're twice as nutty as they were when they lost power in '06. The quickest way to get rid of the Republican Party is to give them full power and let them have at it.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:16 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is exactly why i'd hoped that the GOP would take control of the House and Senate in the last election. They're twice as nutty as they were when they lost power in '06. The quickest way to get rid of the Republican Party is to give them full power and let them have at it.
And you actually believe this. That is the problem.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:18 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
I too have hoped for that. The American populace is too stupid to recognize a problem beforehand. Might as well have the rears kicked now, sooner than later.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And you actually believe this. That is the problem.
No, the problem is that you believe it too and won't cop to it.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:23 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
No, the problem is that you believe it too and won't cop to it.
I do? Huh, are you a clairvoyant? I didn't think so. If you actually believe that the Republican party wants to leagally kill abortion doctors, you have some really serious issues that you need to tend to.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
I'm sorry but i am not buying into this, and i clearly do not believe this. How come i have heard nothing mentioned on this on the news.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Duplicate thread x 3! Use the search function, please!

Georgia Lawmaker: Death Penalty for Miscarriages

Georgia Republican Introduces Bill to Have Miscarriages Investigated As Potential Murder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies