Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
This is like when Britney Spears shaved her heard and was "treated". I think it's very rude and an invasion of privacy for people to be meddling in the lives of movie stars. People should focus on what really matters: poor job market, wars, depressed economy, education problems, debt problems, politics, their own selves, etc. Charlie Sheen is but a person who needs some encouragement and health changes: it's as simple as that.
True except the pop celebrities entire careers depend on being in the spotlight somehow. The minute people stop paying attention it's all over for them.

He wants celebrity - that's what brings him his big money. Just like Britney Spears can pull stunts and get herself in the tabloids, or she could quietly go away and live like a normal nobody - but these pop celebrities fear becoming nobodies. They very much need the attention of the papparazzi no matter how much they feign objection. They fear the day no one wants to snap their picture.

I don't despise Sheen or admire him, it wouldn't bother me if he just quit the celebrity business and lived out his life as an ex-celebrity, never to be seen again on the front pages of anything.

It's weird really with all the problems of the world that so much news media time is spent on these pop stars and mediocre actors but they must serve some purpose for the public. They entertain the people in one way or another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
If I have misjudged you, apologies. However, I can only assess your abilities based on what you post, so you can't blame me for the obvious conclusions drawn.

You yourself admitted to being an addict, a strong predictor of weak posts.

Anyway, take another joint from the pack, light it up and take a deep toke, and another, and another, and another, and another. Then you will be actiing, in part, like Charlie Sheen, who you have to admit, is hilarious in his melt-down (had to get something in "on-topic")
"So you can't blame me for the obvious conclusions drawn..."

Could you even be more arrogant?

Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
If I have misjudged you, apologies. However, I can only assess your abilities based on what you post, so you can't blame me for the obvious conclusions drawn.

You yourself admitted to being an addict, a strong predictor of weak posts.

Anyway, take another joint from the pack, light it up and take a deep toke, and another, and another, and another, and another. Then you will be actiing, in part, like Charlie Sheen, who you have to admit, is hilarious in his melt-down (had to get something in "on-topic")
I smoke cigarettes, not joints. And nicotine, as far as I recall from research I've read, can stimulate mental clarity, rather than fog it.

And as for the above assertion, highlighted in red, please offer a few good examples of C-D posts that prove it.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:44 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,524,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I think Sheen is bipolar and is currently in a manic phase. It is sad, really.
Hard to tell. We don't know the man.

He could be bipolar. He could simply have cocaine induced psychosis. Or it could simply be his personality. High energy people are not that special.

Sheen does seems hyper like most people after a long cocaine binge.

After the initial crash (dysphoria), cocaine users usually someone get euphoric (that's when the brain starts producing dopamine again), kind of manic and overly optimistic toward their recovery. But then it settles down and cravings usually start back a couple weeks after the last cocaine use. This is when most people start using again. Those who don't will have a hard time resisting the feeling that using again is inevitable and may look troubled or hyper.

I really can't tell you if that is the case of Charlie Sheen. Just telling you what coke does. I've done coke a few times I cannot imagine how tough it must be to stop after using that much and for years. The effects of cocaine are not that great when you're high. Most street drugs are a lot more potent. You can easily function normally on cocaine. But it's a very sneaky drug that should be approached with care because it can really mess with your brain chemicals and jeopardize your psychological stability in the long run.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:51 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
A guy at a gas station told me he saw a DNA report that says that Charlie Sheen, Gadhafi and Rush are related and they are starting a test on Benny Hills remains as well. Sounds like a hell of a rumor to me. lol

Old 03-03-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Hard to tell. We don't know the man.

He could be bipolar. He could simply have cocaine induced psychosis. Or it could simply be his personality. High energy people are not that special.

Sheen does seems hyper like most people after a long cocaine binge.

After the initial crash (dysphoria), cocaine users usually someone get euphoric (that's when the brain starts producing dopamine again), kind of manic and overly optimistic toward their recovery. But then it settles down and cravings usually start back a couple weeks after the last cocaine use. This is when most people start using again. Those who don't will have a hard time resisting the feeling that using again is inevitable and may look troubled or hyper.

I really can't tell you if that is the case of Charlie Sheen. Just telling you what coke does. I've done coke a few times I cannot imagine how tough it must be to stop after using that much and for years. The effects of cocaine are not that great when you're high. Most street drugs are a lot more potent. You can easily function normally on cocaine. But it's a very sneaky drug that should be approached with care because it can really mess with your brain chemicals and jeopardize your psychological stability in the long run.
Too soon to rep you again.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by versatile View Post
a guy at a gas station told me he saw a dna report that says that charlie sheen, gadhafi and rush are related and they are starting a test on benny hills remains as well. Sounds like a hell of a rumor to me. Lol
lmao!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2011, 08:59 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
What's up with charlie sheen?

Amazingly, and despite horrendous amounts of coke and booze, the rise in his Levis.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:02 AM

45 posts, read 44,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
I smoke cigarettes, not joints. And nicotine, as far as I recall from research I've read, can stimulate mental clarity, rather than fog it.

And as for the above assertion, highlighted in red, please offer a few good examples of C-D posts that prove it.
Pardon my interruption, but it does appear that you did so as recently as the post above.

Allow me to quote you "I smoke cigarettes".

As you undoubtedly know, nicotine, the active "ingredient" in tobacco, is highly and doggedly addictive, and the failure rate of those attempting to break that addiction is extremely high.

It is also used for make "sheep dip" a liquid concoction that sheep are submerged into in order to kill all manner of pests in their coats.

As one who has never used tobacco, I can't speak directly to its effects, either in general or for any particular user, but it is reported to have a calming effect.

If it increases "mental clarity", it would appear to have only minimal effect in that area, as my experience is that most smokers are on the lower end of the spectrum, intellectually-speaking. It might act as a stimulant, which could mistaken for increasing mental clarity.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:17 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream View Post

Allow me to quote you "I smoke cigarettes".

As you undoubtedly know, nicotine, the active "ingredient" in tobacco, is highly and doggedly addictive, and the failure rate of those attempting to break that addiction is extremely high.

If it increases "mental clarity", it would appear to have only minimal effect in that area, as my experience is that most smokers are on the lower end of the spectrum, intellectually-speaking. It might act as a stimulant, which could mistaken for increasing mental clarity.
I have to agree with you. Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor thus restricts blood flow to brain.

Smokers are often less educated. And although everyone is aware of the dangers and health risks of smoking to lungs, cardiovascular, and increased risk for all cancers, the less educated are more likely to believe it will not happen to them. They also less likely to be able to delay gratification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies