Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 04:51 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
I don't support the Iraq war, but something had to be done about the Taliban/Al Qaeda. What he said about the reconfiguration/evolution/down-sizing/whatever you want to call it of the miliarty, I've been saying since 2004.
While I'm very opposed to current operations, I'm in full agreement that something had to be done. However, invading a nation, dropping in some troops, then focusing on Iraq was idiocy at a level beyond human comprehension. We at one point had the Taliban on the ropes as far back as 03 as they just weren't that organized or supported, because even many Afghani's felt the Taliban was rather oppressive.

However our window closed, the war dragged on and people began to see the US as the greater of two evils and money started to seep, then pour into Afghanistan. Heck, they even managed to develop a massive small arms industry and can manufacture ak-47 in a garage with primitive tools.

Our own military and intelligence suggest there are fewer than 100 Al Qaeda in Afghanistan and George Bush as well as Obama have entertained the idea of opening talks with the Taliban, scary as that may be.

At what point do we finally say, enough and come home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 05:02 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
I agree something had and has to be done about the fanatical monsters who want to kill good and decent people. This past weekend I was working out and pulled a muscle in my groin. I had a ticket for SF on Monday and I canceled went to the doc here in San Diego....but after I went I had to be honest with myself one of the reasons I did not fly was because I have had problems with TSA in San Diego before....literally little evil idiots telling me a grown man what to do and how to behave. I changed my appt in SF to the 15th and I'm driving. Add me to the list of people who will never be subjected to this "banality of evil" in which everyone thinks it's just fine to follow rules which take away ones liberties in the name of being normal with normal rules and legitimate fears.

That is EXACTLY how the Holocaust took place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies