Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 03:55 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,268,333 times

Advertisements

Here's fifty photos from fifty states where people joined in the solidarity with the WI teachers.

50 Photos from the 50-State Rallies to Save the American Dream | MoveOn.Org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 04:17 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,408,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post

Fantastic, thanks for sharing these pictures. I wasn't able to make our local event which was a pity as Tea Party Supporters were apparently very rude and disruptive. When the next rally happens locally, I will definitely be there.
That's a shame that yours was disrupted. I'm so glad ours wasn't. It was really motivating. You'll have a great time at the next one, I'm sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post

Here's fifty photos from fifty states where people joined in the solidarity with the WI teachers.

Jinx!

Love this one!

And this one, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Thanks for the great pictures Jill!

It is great to know that America stands in solidarity with WI!
My pleasure. I'm not even a union member (never have been, either) and my husband isn't even American. Yet we were both out there showing our support for workers' rights in this nation. It was a proud moment for us.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:19 PM

1,930 posts, read 1,817,928 times
Thank you Jill61 for the wonderful pictures from the rally.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post

Thank you Jill61 for the wonderful pictures from the rally.
My pleasure, Freemore!

Old 02-27-2011, 08:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,857,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Downtown Los Angeles City Hall Rally in support of the Wisconsin Public Sector Union Employees.

Some people took the opportunity to express their views on other issues than the Unions. . .

The crowd was really fired up! Sorry for the poor quality video. They look better in Windows Media Player than they uploaded to YouTube for some reason. Ah well, you'll get the idea nonetheless.

A woman talks about her daughter who attends college in Wisconsin, and how the students are supporting the unions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxmfIe4w0Dw

"On Wisconsin" with modified lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm0s8VEpKhs

A little audience participation Rap/Chant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1JvFrIcUC8

A new radio host fires up the crowd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuHizVTpxLs

What a great, invigorating experience! It feels wonderful to have done my small part to show support for the workers in Wisconsin. It was an extremely "peaceful" rally. I didn't see any anti-union folks there.

When it was over and people were walking en masse from the park in front of city hall through the streets of downtown, horns were honking in support all over the place. It felt really empowering!

Did you attend a local rally in your city or state? Share your stories and/or pictures here!
Excellent Thread Jill! I would rep ya but I have to wait.
Thanks for posting the pics and videos, was great to see more Americans supporting the rights of workers across the nation.
It had the trolls working overtime to try and sidetrack the thread, never worked, great job everyone.
Casper

Old 02-27-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

Excellent Thread Jill! I would rep ya but I have to wait.
Thanks for posting the pics and videos, was great to see more Americans supporting the rights of workers across the nation.
It had the trolls working overtime to try and sidetrack the thread, never worked, great job everyone.
Casper
Thanks, Casper! Glad you enjoyed them.

Moderator note: Please keep this thread for pictures of the various rallies. A general discussion of the rallies is contained within this thread.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 02-27-2011 at 09:51 PM..

Old 02-28-2011, 10:22 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,440,042 times
For the working class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wos-dDxpJlQ

Love this song and can't get it out of my mind.
(is OK? )

Old 02-28-2011, 10:39 AM

Olympia, Washington had a substantial turnout, too!

Pro-union, anti-union rallies compete in Olympia

Old 02-28-2011, 11:04 AM

1,930 posts, read 1,817,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post

Now this is also a wonderful collection. Thanks

Old 02-28-2011, 12:26 PM

10,876 posts, read 13,763,762 times
More photos here Feb. 26 labor rallies - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rawstory/sets/72157626040746601/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies