Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:11 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Oh the irony of a union member who advocates a socialized work environment, telling someone else they are "lockstep"

Without a lockstep mentality, your beloved union would suffer the same fate as the dodo bird.
This is a tactic right out of Pee-Wee Herman's playbook! I dare any 30k/yr republican to engage in a civil debate over the finer points to how we got here.

I'm tired of all the "talking cliche points" and scripted ideology from 30k/yr republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 12:12 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Go ahead, be my guest. I am waiting for someone to go over the finer points to how we got to where we are today, but i'm unable to engage in any debate with any 30k/yr republicans.
You're unable to engage in debate period, that's why you continue to resort to deflection and personal attacks. You can't defend a group that promotes anger, hate and violence to achieve a goal so you have to resort to ignorance, it's the labor union way.

Now where are these 30K/yr republicans you're talking about?

Old 02-27-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
This is a tactic right out of Pee-Wee Herman's playbook! I dare any 30k/yr republican to engage in a civil debate over the finer points to how we got here.

I'm tired of all the "talking cliche points" and scripted ideology from 30k/yr republicans.
Who are you talking to? You haven't said anything about any finer points, why don't you pull out your handbook, flip past the large chapter about picketing, signing collecting and violence and let us know about these finer points.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:14 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
What's a "30k/yr republican"?

Old 02-27-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You're unable to engage in debate period, that's why you continue to resort to deflection and personal attacks. You can't defend a group that promotes anger, hate and violence to achieve a goal so you have to resort to ignorance, it's the labor union way.

Now where are these 30K/yr republicans you're talking about?
Here i am, let's learn....

Old 02-27-2011, 12:18 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
What's a "30k/yr republican"?
If we can infer from usage: Any individual whose opinion is contradictory to that of a UAW member.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Here i am, let's learn....
You claim to have all the facts, teach us oh wise one. Please explain to me how I'm wrong without simply dismissing anything you don't like as a talking point.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Brought to you by the "Get 'er Done" crowd.....

Let's debate civilly, what you want to know, and maybe learn about "labor"?
Civility like you using terms like "30K/yr republicans" and "Get 'er Done crowd"? You keep making statements like a 13 year old, teach us about labor instead of being ignorant.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If we can infer from usage: Any individual whose opinion is contradictory to that of a UAW member.
Nah, someone who typically votes against his/her economic interest on supposed loftier measures as "Gods/Gays/Guns" when those rights are protected and firmly cemented and is a moot point to even be discussed, especially with the "GOD" issue.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:28 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
Quote:
Brought to you by the "Get 'er Done" crowd.....

Let's debate civilly, what you want to know, and maybe learn about "labor"?

From your responses in this thread (and others), I don't think you are capable of having a civil debate.

As I said, you're tactics here lead me to think that video hits too close to home for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies