Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:26 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You people are from Mars.

The TEA party is about reducing government's influence over our lives, reducing government spending, and lowering the debt and deficit.

You can slap together all the wild and crazy straw dogs you like, and you will always be wrong.

It has always been the left in this country that want more government power, more government control and fewer freedoms and rights for the individual.
That's what the tea party ran on and lied about to get votes. When it came down to see what they are really about, they voted almost unanimously in favor of the patriot act which is the epitome of big government and anti-constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 08:30 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That's what the tea party ran on and lied about to get votes. When it came down to see what they are really about, they voted almost unanimously in favor of the patriot act which is the epitome of big government and anti-constitution.
..and when the democrats were in full and complete control of the federal government two years ago, did they do any different? Are you trying to tell me that the democrats were not fascists, but the republicans are, even though they both elected to maintain the Patriot Act?

Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
..and when the democrats were in full and complete control of the federal government two years ago, did they do any different? Are you trying to tell me that the democrats were not fascists, but the republicans are, even though they both elected to maintain the Patriot Act?
i don't recall any screams of 'fascist' from tempie when this happened, do you?

Obama signs Patriot Act extension into law - The Hill's Floor Action

Old 02-28-2011, 08:40 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
with leftists, there is no difference in this instance. the shrieks of hatred are impossible to miss.

would you like to see one of P&OC's resident leftists clamoring for the torture-murder of glenn beck, including his being blinded by a red-hot poker? just say the word.
You're no lefty, are you? And illustrate a lack of understanding, of differentiating political opposition from outright hatred. And trust me, the former can lead to the latter (as has been the case with politicians through out history, that they strive for elimination of people and organizations that do not bode well for their political future). This is done on more than mere political opposition.

As much as I detest Glenn Beck's rhetoric (primarily because him taking a lot of simpletons on a ride is clearly visible to those with even an ounce of functioning brain), I would never condone torture-murder or even imprisonment of such idiots. And I speak that as a lefty. However, I would challenge them to subject themselves to prove their point, on say torture, by walking the talk. How long has it been since Hannity boasted that he will gladly subject himself to waterboarding? Asking for him to go about fulfilling a claim is not what you're talking about, I hope.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:54 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
waterboarding is not torture

Old 02-28-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You're no lefty, are you? And illustrate a lack of understanding, of differentiating political opposition from outright hatred. And trust me, the former can lead to the latter (as has been the case with politicians through out history, that they strive for elimination of people and organizations that do not bode well for their political future). This is done on more than mere political opposition.

As much as I detest Glenn Beck's rhetoric (primarily because him taking a lot of simpletons on a ride is clearly visible to those with even an ounce of functioning brain), I would never condone torture-murder or even imprisonment of such idiots. And I speak that as a lefty. However, I would challenge them to subject themselves to prove their point, on say torture, by walking the talk. How long has it been since Hannity boasted that he will gladly subject himself to waterboarding? Asking for him to go about fulfilling a claim is not what you're talking about, I hope.
i'm concerned as to why you are so hung up on a word [hate] that is not even present in the made-up point in question. the rest of your invective is all over the map. what does waterboarding have to do with...well, anything?

explain please.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
i'm concerned as to why you are so hung up on a word [hate] that is not even present in the made-up point in question. the rest of your invective is all over the map. what does waterboarding have to do with...well, anything?

explain please.
Because of your inability to differentiate between hatred and political opposition. How many times do I have to repeat that?

Old 02-28-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Because of your inability to differentiate between hatred and political opposition. How many times do I have to repeat that?
..which has what, exactly, to do with what i quoted?

neither political opposition nor hatred were even mentioned

Old 02-28-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
..which has what, exactly, to do with what i quoted?

neither political opposition nor hatred were even mentioned
It has got to do with everything you've posted thus far, and I would rather not keep repeating self.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:03 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
fascism is leftist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies