Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
It has already been proven he is not the 1st black President.

Liberals wanted to use the race card and if he did well use it to booster their voters.

But we can also turn it around by stating that if he is the 1st then he surely screwed it up for anyone behind him who can actually do the job and not screw up everything they do like Obama has.

It is a scam most of us never fell for in the first place.

Hypocrisy and liberalism go hand in hand.

I can see it coming 1 1/2 year out how they will use the race issue when he gets his butt creamed in the next election. How quickly they forget without the white vote he had ZERO chance of winning in the first place.
Thank you, you know the score here. Best poster. You hit the nail on the head, The race card was and still is being used where Obama is concern. Hype it up to something it would never come to be, because his Hope and Change thingy was such a scam.
You said it most of us never fell for the scam, and then there are some!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 05:41 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
The first reason I call Obama black is because he calls himself black. It's not my job to measure his blackness to see if it adds up.

The second reason I call Obama black is because not too long ago one black parent or even one biracial parent was enough to prevent you from voting, owning land, eating or shopping in certain places, riding in the front of the bus, etc. It's not my job to rewrite American History either.
There is a lot of speculation that the reason Obama refuses to provide is Long Form Birth Certificate is because it lists his race as "white". He would weaken his race card if that is true and it came out. Millions and millions of votes ride on nothing more than his race - goodness knows he has little of anything else to qualify him for the job.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:22 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
There is a lot of speculation that the reason Obama refuses to provide is Long Form Birth Certificate is because it lists his race as "white". He would weaken his race card if that is true and it came out. Millions and millions of votes ride on nothing more than his race - goodness knows he has little of anything else to qualify him for the job.
So if "white" is listed on his birth certificate; which I'm going to assume he didn't write - does that mean that he's not black because I stand by my two reasons that I gave earlier.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Hilarious. He can't be black even if he wants to be. What a switcheroo from the old days. Amazing...if you're successful, you can't be black if you have a white parent. But if you're a lowlife, no amount of white blood (except being completely white) would mean anything.

Of course, if Obama wasn't a politician and just a regular joe blow and committed a crime, he'd all of a sudden be black as a tire....trust me.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:45 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,061 times
Conservatives were the ones who put the "one drop rule" in effect. Not Obama. So according to already longstanding traditions CONSERVED in this country, he is Black. Afterall, he is CONSERVING a part of our legacy, the "one drop rule". Conservatives should be proud that he is CONSERVING this institution as to preserve it for generations to come.

I all seriousness, it doesn't matter. What matters at the end of the day are the outcomes of his policies. Really it doesn't matter his race or his political affiliation even, simply that the agenda he sets benefits the largest percentage of Americans. That's it.

FYI: I'm both Black and White. In the states I'm already labeled Black before I open my mouth. In Ivory Coast, where my mom is from, I'm already labeled White before I open my mouth. So sometimes that label is simply forced upon you and you simply stick with it.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:01 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
The first reason I call Obama black is because he calls himself black. It's not my job to measure his blackness to see if it adds up.

The second reason I call Obama black is because not too long ago one black parent or even one biracial parent was enough to prevent you from voting, owning land, eating or shopping in certain places, riding in the front of the bus, etc. It's not my job to rewrite American History either.

And now not having at least one black parent could keep you out of U of M.

Still haven't figured out why I'm personally responsible for past discrimination against blacks such that I have to atone by riding in the back today.

Any help?

Old 03-01-2011, 05:01 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,336,436 times
Well at least he is blacker than the leader of the NAACP.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:07 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Still haven't figured out why I'm personally responsible for past discrimination against blacks such that I have to atone by riding in the back today.

Any help?
What is your point? Society put that label on him due to a historical precedent. It's not a political stunt.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:56 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Any help?
How ridiculous. Before I put you on ignore, I will attempt to explain it to you. I realize however that doing so is an enormous waste of my time and about as useless as a blind man turning around to look. Maybe others will get a kick out of this story. But here goes:

Imagine a big mountain must be scaled and there are three different groups of people who must scale it to advance forward in life: The blacks, the enlightened whites, and the fearful whites. Once you are able to advance forward, all the advantages of civilization are at your disposal. You can pick the most beautiful lands, be the first to start profitable corporations, be on the Supreme Court, assume roles as judges, lawyers, doctors, and so forth and set your family on a path to affluence and advantage. You can start universities and educate yourself and your descendants. If you can't get to the top, you are denied the chance to do these things, therefore left behind and disadvantaged when you finally do get to advance.

All wanted to scale the mountain to advance. Only the enlightened whites and the fearful whites had weapons. The enlightened whites went around to the other side to explore an ingenious way to the top. They used their weapons to protect themselves and for hunting while on their journey. The fearful whites had weapons and used them to kill any black who didn't do as they commanded. The fearful whites then forced the blacks to help them get to the top of the mountain using the superior strength of the blacks. This happened over a great length of time. During this time, the enlightened whites had found a way to the top and had advanced. So did the fearful whites unfortunately.

Once at the top, the fearful whites began to set up barriers to prevent the blacks from scaling the mountain. They didn't want them to share in the advancement. They shot any who came close. This barrier happened over a great deal of time, until the enlightened whites fought the fearful whites, kicking their butts, and making them get out of the way of the blacks. Blacks then began scaling the mountain, and once at the top, they began to advance among the whites.

The problem for the blacks however was that they were disadvantaged. All the doctors, judges, presidents, executives, owners, nurses, policemen, teachers, businessmen, bankers, real property owners, politicians, firemen, newspaper reporters, educators, and so forth were white. Congress was white. The entire Federal and State governments were white. All the sports heroes and movie stars were white. Those whites had gotten the advantage while the fearful whites held the blacks at bay, so now the blacks had to attempt to advance despite the disadvantage.

As the blacks advanced, the fearful whites continued their disruption. They denied them equal opportunity, equal consideration, and equal treatment. The fearful whites after all were one of the two groups who got their first, unopposed with no aversity, and enjoyed an unearned privilege. Blacks continued to step forward, helped on occasion by the enlighted whites. Their progress was always being hampered however by the bigoted behavior of the fearful whites. Thanks to the enlightened whites for advancing the society, making it possible for blacks to move forward, and be somewhat rewarded for their efforts and talents.

Today, descendants of fearful whites still exist in great numbers, still determined to protect that unearned privilege and deny blacks equal consideration. It is because that privilege exists and is entirely unearned, that the descendants of the fearful whites must stand aside. The descendants of the enlightened white group feels no threat and recognizes the prior injustices must be remedied. They are part of the solution. As a descendant of either the enlighted whites or the fearful whites, you enjoy an advantage. Whether you are part of the problem or the solution depends on which group you fall into.

This completely answers your question.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
How ridiculous. Before I put you on ignore, I will attempt to explain it to you. I realize however that doing so is an enormous waste of my time and about as useless as a blind man turning around to look. Maybe others will get a kick out of this story. But here goes:

Imagine a big mountain must be scaled and there are three different groups of people who must scale it to advance forward in life: The blacks, the enlightened whites, and the fearful whites. Once you are able to advance forward, all the advantages of civilization are at your disposal. You can pick the most beautiful lands, be the first to start profitable corporations, be on the Supreme Court, assume roles as judges, lawyers, doctors, and so forth and set your family on a path to affluence and advantage. You can start universities and educate yourself and your descendants. If you can't get to the top, you are denied the chance to do these things, therefore left behind and disadvantaged when you finally do get to advance.

All wanted to scale the mountain to advance. Only the enlightened whites and the fearful whites had weapons. The enlightened whites went around to the other side to explore an ingenious way to the top. They used their weapons to protect themselves and for hunting while on their journey. The fearful whites had weapons and used them to kill any black who didn't do as they commanded. The fearful whites then forced the blacks to help them get to the top of the mountain using the superior strength of the blacks. This happened over a great length of time. During this time, the enlightened whites had found a way to the top and had advanced. So did the fearful whites unfortunately.

Once at the top, the fearful whites began to set up barriers to prevent the blacks from scaling the mountain. They didn't want them to share in the advancement. They shot any who came close. This barrier happened over a great deal of time, until the enlightened whites fought the fearful whites, kicking their butts, and making them get out of the way of the blacks. Blacks then began scaling the mountain, and once at the top, they began to advance among the whites.

The problem for the blacks however was that they were disadvantaged. All the doctors, judges, presidents, executives, owners, nurses, policemen, teachers, businessmen, bankers, real property owners, politicians, firemen, newspaper reporters, educators, and so forth were white. Congress was white. The entire Federal and State governments were white. All the sports heroes and movie stars were white. Those whites had gotten the advantage while the fearful whites held the blacks at bay, so now the blacks had to attempt to advance despite the disadvantage.

As the blacks advanced, the fearful whites continued their disruption. They denied them equal opportunity, equal consideration, and equal treatment. The fearful whites after all were one of the two groups who got their first, unopposed with no aversity, and enjoyed an unearned privilege. Blacks continued to step forward, helped on occasion by the enlighted whites. Their progress was always being hampered however by the bigoted behavior of the fearful whites. Thanks to the enlightened whites for advancing the society, making it possible for blacks to move forward, and be somewhat rewarded for their efforts and talents.

Today, descendants of fearful whites still exist in great numbers, still determined to protect that unearned privilege and deny blacks equal consideration. It is because that privilege exists and is entirely unearned, that the descendants of the fearful whites must stand aside. The descendants of the enlightened white group feels no threat and recognizes the prior injustices must be remedied. They are part of the solution. As a descendant of either the enlighted whites or the fearful whites, you enjoy an advantage. Whether you are part of the problem or the solution depends on which group you fall into.

This completely answers your question.
Excellent post!

Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies