Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 05:28 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,755,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ron and Rand Paul, have set a very high standard.
Individuals, not party labels will change and mold this nation back to where we belong.
I tend to agree with the individuals not party labels but if you're going to slither in the back door the way Koch has orchestrated all along, it's not anything but another smarmy brand of manufactured consent. Despite being given open mike time to answer straightforward questions they've both engaged in evasive maneuvering. Enough nonsense. Put the plan on the table and explain yourselves before you expect a vote. This 'creative destruction' plan isn't a plan. It's destruction of intangible assets and cowing citizens into global oligarch rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 06:33 PM

817 posts, read 851,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
This man was silent during the Bush years, like all the rest of the Republicans. Where was the outrage to the spending that Bush was doing? Why ignore that reality and its collosal negative impact to slash the living daylights out of education? Education was ignored during the Bush years, now he wants to slash it, pretending as if the GOP didn't bring us to this mess? This is the beginning of the end to the GOP. I sense a total annihilation of Republican candidates come 2012. Way to eliminate yourselves, Pubs.

Wis. governor: Ax $900 million from education - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com
You seem to think more money means a better education for children. Which is pretty much a load of you know what.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:53 PM

88,778 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Anything to say about those tennants of yours mucking up the neighborhood? What do they do for a living? Where are they originally from? Did you do a background check or do you not care, you just want your rent? Out of state landlords are a PITA in most of America. HUD landlord consortiums the worst I'd say.
I don't have tenants; never did. Your problem is you make emotionally-laden assumptions. That's why you're wrong on so many points. You irrationally lash out based on your 'feelings.'

It's simple math folks... It takes 10 taxpayers paying $10,000 in property taxes each to pay for one public employee making $100,000 in salary plus benefits.

The math doesn't work.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Apparently the only thing a conservative can argue right now is "We're broke," "there's no money."

Bull$hit.

We are still "the richest nation on earth."
Are you claiming that the WI taxpayers are the richest people on earth? Because that's who has to pay for the public employee unions' collectively bargained demands - the WI taxpayers.

Perhaps you should tell them how rich they are, 'cause they're just not feelin' it.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:55 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,771,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Are you claiming that the WI taxpayers are the richest people on earth? Because that's who has to pay for the public employee unions' collectively bargained demands - the WI taxpayers.

Perhaps you should tell them how rich they are, 'cause they're just not feelin' it.
If I wanted to claim that the people of WI are the richest people on earth I would have written that.

I didn't.

As far as "feelin' it," according to the right-leaning Rasmussen Reports, on this issue, the people of Wisconsin are rather decidedly on the side of keeping collective bargaining rights for public unions, and the Democrats.
Wisconsin Poll: Support for Budget Cutting, Not for Weakening Collective Bargaining Rights - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

Old 03-07-2011, 07:00 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I tend to agree with the individuals not party labels but if you're going to slither in the back door the way Koch has orchestrated all along, it's not anything but another smarmy brand of manufactured consent. Despite being given open mike time to answer straightforward questions they've both engaged in evasive maneuvering. Enough nonsense. Put the plan on the table and explain yourselves before you expect a vote. This 'creative destruction' plan isn't a plan. It's destruction of intangible assets and cowing citizens into global oligarch rule.

When taxpayers pay salaries to workers, who are forced to pay Union Dues, and the Unions pay and make deals with Politicians to increase pay and benefits, there is clearly a conflict of interest from the taxpayer viewpoint.

Who represents the taxpayer, when the Politician must cozy up to the Union to get their campaign funding, and get elected?

Do the public employees deserve to be able to negotiate as do other workers, absolutely.
The problem is the Union-Politician connection, leaving the taxpayer stuck with the decision and the taxpayer can't say "I don't want to pay", because it's jail or seizure of property if one does so.

Is that fair?

Old 03-07-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
If I wanted to claim that the people of WI are the richest people on earth I would have written that.

I didn't.
This is what you wrote:
Quote:
Apparently the only thing a conservative can argue right now is "We're broke," "there's no money."

Bull$hit.

We are still "the richest nation on earth." It's about priorities - where we want to spend the money.
Public employees' salaries plus benefits are PAID FOR by THE TAXPAYERS. Your 'insistence' that the fact that "we're borke" and "there's no money" is "Bull$hit" can mean nothing other than that you think the WI TAXPAYERS are "the richest" and they just don't have what you believe are the correct priorities.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,771,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
This is what you wrote:

Public employees' salaries plus benefits are PAID FOR by THE TAXPAYERS. Your 'insistence' that the fact that "we're borke" and "there's no money" is "Bull$hit" can mean nothing other than that you think the WI TAXPAYERS are "the richest" and they just don't have what you believe are the correct priorities.
Logic is not your forté.

If there is "no money," every single government operation must have to be shut down, I guess? Lay off every cop, fireman, and teacher there is. Shut down the buses. Close all government buildings. End all public assistance, including unemployment paychecks. Close the parks. The Wisconsin National Guard - go home guys. Shut down the airports. Turn off the street lights. Chaos in the streets!!!

Of course there's money. There's just not as much of it as before the economic downturn we are going through. Revenues are down everywhere. But that doesn't come anywhere close to actually "having no money."

The public unions have agreed to every single financial cut in their pay and benefits. The majority of people in Wisconsin believe the public unions have given up enough. Walker has not compromised one iota and is paying the political price for that, as he should.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Logic is not your forté.

If there is "no money," every single government operation must have to be shut down, I guess?
You're a little slow on the uptake, so I'll spell it out for you. There is some money, it's just going to the $50-68 million per year the WI teachers' union official fat cats are pocketing by overcharging WI taxpayers for health insurance from the union-owned insurance company.

Walker's plan to address that, which has been KNOWN since at least last August, is to move teachers out of the teachers' union's insurance company which had been overcharging WI taxpayers $50-68 million per year, and into the same WI state health plan the state employees already have.

I'm not sure why the teachers are complaining about this. All it does is cut out the union-owned insurance company that has been overcharging the WI taxpayers, while leaving the savings to be used for the teachers' collectively bargained salary increases. It takes the $50-68 million overcharges the union official fat cats had been pocketing and creates the ability to transfer the savings to the teachers in the form of union-negotiated collectively bargained salary increases. That's why Walker thought it was so important for teachers to RETAIN the ability to collectively bargain for salary increases.

Why exactly are we seeing teachers and other public employee union members protesting to let the union official fat cats keep their greedy arrangement when it's against their best interest?

And come on! I can't believe you libs keep throwing teachers under the bus so that union official fat cats can keep their extra millions of WI taxpayer dollars. What's up with that?

Old 03-07-2011, 09:43 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
You seem to think more money means a better education for children. Which is pretty much a load of you know what.
Does less money mean a better education? If we put $0 into educating our children, would that be the best education possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies