Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:19 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
FYI, I take personal offense at this statement.
Thank you. But I think it is okay to let them fume. I would rather let their real self show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 12:21 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
I am glad he is at least trying to keep the TRASH out! Maybe he can find another way to do.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:22 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Based on what's posted there, I don't think it means they can keep spending the night, but the police aren't making them leave by force so far--that's a smart move--I'm sure they don't want to escalate this into something it doesn't need to be. That said, I watched a clip on the news last night where the capital staff were welding the windows shut on orders from the republican leadership so no one could pass food in to the protesters. Overkill much?
Not so much. They are waiting for everybody to get out of there so they can clean, and last I heard, there are still about 15-20 protesters inside who won't leave. If people couldn't pass them food anymore, they would have to leave to get food and not be allowed back in. It becomes a public safety hazard to have all those people in there in a filthy environment. Any greenie should be able to realize that.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:24 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
King Obama refuses to allow the people into the people's White House!!!!

Old 03-01-2011, 12:24 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I was in DC last the spring of 2009. My children and I walked into the capitol freely. As I remember, the main entrance was open to the public.

When were you last there?
I was there one year ago in March of 2010 and there were machine gunners not only on the Capitol steps, so one can't just walk into the Capitol up those steps, but one can also see the machine gunners on top of the WH as well. But don't take my word for it, here are some videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3AYCBQ2hjQ

Old 03-01-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That argument would hold out if there was rioting or violence going on--it's not. There is no public danger here. Get it?
No public danger? A building filled with too many people is definitely a public danger. Especially when they're up on the second floor balcony, all those people surging behind the folks next to the railing could easily lead to a fall. That's why they have capacity limits, and I'm quite sure those were exceeded repeatedly.

Then you have people who need to pee...if they're basically stuck in the middle of a crowd, and they can't really move much, where do you think they're going to go? A disgusting thought, I realize, but it adds to the public safety argument as I wouldn't doubt that it happened more than once over the last two weeks.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No. I'm sure there is a video evidence of it. Do you have it? And if it did happen, it wouldn't surprise me. Fox News reports them as "anti-American", as political enemies. A sane person can take insanity for only so long.
Oh, I get it, so it's okay to resort to battery when things aren't going your way? It's okay to threaten to break someone's neck just b/c they are reporting what is going on? Typical leftie thinking, keep it up, you're proving our point.

http://www.foxnewsinsider.com/2011/0...-wisc-reports/

Old 03-01-2011, 12:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
the article said that as Assembly Official (Sgt at Arms) imposed the restrictions. I saw nothing about the Governor imposing the restrictions. However, I am sure if a mob started over-running the judges chambers, he would do exactly what the people in charge of the Wisconsin Capitol did, and properly so.

You seem to be in favor of mob-rule, or am I reading you wrong. Also, being in a particular building is NOT a 1st Amendment Right. You should review it, as it preserves the right of speech, press and religion. Infesting public buildings at will is not included, directly, indirectly, or by fanciful mal-interpretation.

Consider your post slapped-... corrected.
You're right, and the O.P. couldn't be more wrong. I think the constitution reads... we'll wait just a minute... I'll get my copy: Amendment I Congress shall make no law respecting and establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievences.

These union protesters, many of them teachers, who have obtaind fraudulent 'doctor excuses', have been anything but peaceful! Many have been violent.

And I like your term, "Infesting public buildings". That is what they are doing. They ought to be removed bodily and jailed.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:28 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Apparently you didn't see where they threatened and punched a Fox News reporter.
Actually, that may have been debunked. I'm on my laptop (without my earphones) and not in a place where I can actually listen to and watch the video (so if someone else can google it and find it, it would help) but I saw something this morning about how a person in the crowd came forward with a separate video of the entire encounter with the FOX reporter, and someone basically touched his shoulder--according to that video, they're saying that no one hit him, punched him, or threatened him. If it was any other network I'd give the reporter the benefit of the doubt, but FOX has a record of telling BIG fibs for political purposes, It makes it especially compelling that no one else in the media (or the police) have reported problems. I find it highly unlikely that one person in a crowd of of a hundred thousand would be the only one to have problems...unless he made it all up.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:30 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
No public danger? A building filled with too many people is definitely a public danger. Especially when they're up on the second floor balcony, all those people surging behind the folks next to the railing could easily lead to a fall. That's why they have capacity limits, and I'm quite sure those were exceeded repeatedly.

Then you have people who need to pee...if they're basically stuck in the middle of a crowd, and they can't really move much, where do you think they're going to go? A disgusting thought, I realize, but it adds to the public safety argument as I wouldn't doubt that it happened more than once over the last two weeks.
Progressives don't care if you exceed the occupancy level causing a fire or safety hazard, but just don't yell fire when you see one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies