Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 12:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Oh, I get it, so it's okay to resort to battery when things aren't going your way? It's okay to threaten to break someone's neck just b/c they are reporting what is going on? Typical leftie thinking, keep it up, you're proving our point.

FNC’s Mike Tobin Punched, Heckled in Attempt to Deliver Wisc. Reports « Fox News Insider

There is no video evidence of this "battery" from a news agency there to record the news?

Even the reporter who allegedly was hit, said he did not consider it battery or assault and did not want to make a big deal out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 12:50 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Actually, that may have been debunked. I'm on my laptop (without my earphones) and not in a place where I can actually listen to and watch the video (so if someone else can google it and find it, it would help) but I saw something this morning about how a person in the crowd came forward with a separate video of the entire encounter with the FOX reporter, and someone basically touched his shoulder--according to that video, they're saying that no one hit him, punched him, or threatened him. If it was any other network I'd give the reporter the benefit of the doubt, but FOX has a record of telling BIG fibs for political purposes, It makes it especially compelling that no one else in the media (or the police) have reported problems. I find it highly unlikely that one person in a crowd of of a hundred thousand would be the only one to have problems...unless he made it all up.
I also find it suspicious that a news crew would not have videotaped such news as a violent attack on one of its reporters!

Old 03-01-2011, 12:51 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Actually I do (I channel flip news a lot), and I was watching this weekend when it happened. The anchor was going off--asking if he was ok and talking about how "dangerous it must be out there" and at THAT time he said that someone "bumped" his arm, and that it shouldn't be made into more than it was, and that it didn't come close to the level of assault. Now it's turned into a violent attack? Like I said, someone else evidently taped the whole thing--I'll have to look for it when I'm home. Right now I'm sitting at the Dentist's office waiting for kids with appointments.
It wasn't an assault. It was battery. It was discussed with Megyn Kelly yesterday, and Tobin played it off, he said it didn't hurt and he wasn't attacked but he was punched in the arm and the person who did it was crossing the line. I think we all should be able to admit that punching a reporter just b/c you disagree with his side IS in fact crossing the line.

I would feel like I was in a dangerous situation if I were there, to be completely honest. You see too many videos of union thugs with nothing better to do than go around pushing people and getting in people's faces, shoving signs at people...it's really quite rude and with all those people around, all feeding off each others' energy, I have to admit, I would feel unsafe to be there. There is a rally for Walker coming up on Saturday and I would love to go but seeing as how these people behave, I'd rather pass and show my support in other ways.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Mike Tobin disagrees. But that is not enough sensationalism material for the righties, is it? At what point in the video was he "punched"? Or is that just the kind of plain old lie that will keep Fox News out of Canada, at least for now?
What do you mean he disagrees? Disagrees with what? He was punched and threatened. You have to watch the video to know what's going on....

Old 03-01-2011, 12:53 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Oh, I get it, so it's okay to resort to battery when things aren't going your way? It's okay to threaten to break someone's neck just b/c they are reporting what is going on? Typical leftie thinking, keep it up, you're proving our point.

FNC’s Mike Tobin Punched, Heckled in Attempt to Deliver Wisc. Reports « Fox News Insider
Could not possibly be charged with battery on a news reporter. No news reporter was involved.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
There is no video evidence of this "battery" from a news agency there to record the news?

Even the reporter who allegedly was hit, said he did not consider it battery or assault and did not want to make a big deal out of it.
Do you ever read? I already went over this.

Did it ever occur to you that things can happen OFF CAMERA?

Old 03-01-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Could not possibly be charged with battery on a news reporter. No news reporter was involved.
Do you ever stay on topic? If you have nothing to add, please hush.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I also find it suspicious that a news crew would not have videotaped such news as a violent attack on one of its reporters!
Seriously, you need to read what has been said and respond appropriately. If you can't keep up, stay off CD.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:57 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
Quote:
Do you ever stay on topic? If you have nothing to add, please hush.

It's simply the typical way Liberals deflect from what they KNOW they cannot defend.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:58 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Do you ever read? I already went over this.

Did it ever occur to you that things can happen OFF CAMERA?
Did it occur to you that the person who was apparently punched is the one opposed to the story being perpetuated in that way?

So, why would everything happen on camera, just not the punching? Do you seriously believe that stupidity or must continue to support Fox News claims because you feel obligated to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies