Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 08:37 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times

Advertisements

Question about the VOLT.......

Does this car have a brake pedal?

Cause the car O pulled outta the ditch doesn't seem to have one.....

I'm just asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 08:40 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wrong. They went through a contrived, corrupt process initiated and managed by obama, twisting arms and screwing the original creditors and giving the union ownership.
It must be frustrating when the Courts don't adhere to your opinion of what's fair. I am not sure they realized they should have consulted you first.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:42 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
That was a "loan", not a takeover of the business, not negating contracts, not giving the union ownership.
Chuckle..
It was 'intervention'.
But I guess that's OK with you because Bush did it.
By the way, whose money was he 'loaning'?
Not mine, right?
Chuckle..

Old 10-21-2010, 08:44 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It must be frustrating when the Courts don't adhere to your opinion of what's fair. I am not sure they realized they should have consulted you first.
O went through the courts to nationalize the auto industry?

As an after thought? Just to cover his base?

Old 10-21-2010, 08:49 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Quote:
I'm also a bit surprised at the (Obama) in the title. It appears to be a serious thread, why slap the kook flag on the title?
Don't you know? Apparently Obama conceived of the car in January 2009 and got it from the drawing board, to a custom assembly line, to production in just over a year. In his rush to ram it down our throats he pulled a Benny Hill and shattered the time space continuum.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:51 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Nonsense.

They would have gone through a NORMAL bankruptcy process, something that didn't happen because obama intervened, turned contract law on it's head, screwed the original investors and gave the unions ownership. Under a normal process, they would have been able to restructure and alleviate some of the burdensome union obligations that are killing them.

Under the normal process, they would have continued to manufacture cars and there would have been no danger of the WHOLE automotive manufacturing going bye-bye - a ridiculous argument on it's face.
You fail to understand that the union was a major bondholder and any bankruptcy court would have had to deal with the money GM owed the union. Aside from that, 17% of the stock the union holds is hardly "ownership."

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
O went through the courts to nationalize the auto industry?

As an after thought? Just to cover his base?
The stock is going public very soon and the government will no longer be stockholders. Kind of blows your "nationalized auto industry" theory doesn't it.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:51 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Don't you know? Apparently Obama conceived of the car in January 2009 and got it from the drawing board, to a custom assembly line, to production in just over a year. In his rush to ram it down our throats he pulled a Benny Hill and shattered the time space continuum.
Don't you know?

Vehicles like this have been consistently pushed and encouraged by the dems and Left, on a public that doesn't want them.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:52 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Meanwhile, the Prius costs half as much and will over its lifetime get approximately the same great mileage.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:53 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Ahhhh, now the facts come out. This little gem turns out NOT to be all it was touted to be.

Volt Fraud At Government Motors - Investors.com

Instead of 230 MPG, the reality is closer to 20-40 MPG, a REAL deal @ $41,000 topped off with taxpayer subsidies.

Let's make some lemonade!

I can't imagine anyone dumb enough to buy this lemon.........well, maybe I can.
Don't forget that limited range too!

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that Obama's policy fo car manufacturing has failed. Does this mean the unions will be pressured to return the payoff the Briber-in-Cheif gave them at the expense of the legal bond holders of GM?

The government does so much better than private industry at picking winners and losers. Here's proof!

Old 10-21-2010, 08:54 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
So in the end, we end up with a $40,000 Prius with a slightly larger battery. So much for the revolutionary engineering promised by GM. I't stupid investments in this kind of crap (EV-1 back in the '90s, H2 fuel cells, now the Volt) that have cost GM billions of dollars that they could have invested in more mainstream vehicles with a wider appeal.

After all the hype, investment and bailouts, they have a normal, plug-in hybrid very similar to what the aftermarket has been doing with Prius's for years. One that gets poorer mileage than say a non-taxpayer subsidized VW diesel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies