U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 10:14 AM

3,103 posts, read 1,186,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
As a father, I felt it was my responsibility to discuss bullying with my son.

At our "conference" the main point was "if your bullied, fight back and fight back hard"

The second point was "if YOU ever start it you're going to end up dealing with me and it won't be pretty".

Short, sweet and to the point like all meetings should be.

No problems yet I might add.
We had bullies growing up and it was because the bullies were held back a grade.Their action on us was I'am older and bigger plus he was in our position the year before and knew how to terrorize us because it was done to him.

Their problem was in a couple of years we grew bigger and stronger and their Kid King Pin Crown was contested and lost.All those bloodly noses and busted lips were damn well worth it in the end as my father said it builds character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 10:38 AM

3,064 posts, read 1,137,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This entire anti-bullying program is a huge failure.
The bullies know they won't be hit because of zero tolerance in school.
"Don't hit back. Go tell an adult". Well that's all well and good but if the adult (teacher) didn't SEE or HEAR it happen then it's secondhand information.
Plus the bullies get what..2-3 days suspension and then back to school ?

Basically this anti-bullying is a free pass to the bullies to continue their bullying.

My son got a 2 day suspension because he physically defended himself.
He was given a long lecture from the assistant principal about telling an adult and not hitting back.
I then gave him another long lecture and said he did the right thing and to stand up to bullies.
I took off the 2 days he was suspended and took him to the movies and rented a few games for him. Told him he was not in the wrong and I wasn't mad at him.
The bully..he got 3 days suspension. Big woop. But he didn't bother my son anymore; he moved on to other fresh meat.
But, it is helping to silence kids with regard to verbalizing their opinions regarding PC issues, which is what it is really all about.

"A Wisconsin high school is in the middle of a free speech debate after they apologized for publishing a student essay opposing gay families who adopt children. School officials called the essay a form of “bullying and disrespect.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/school-opposition-to-gay-adoption-is-“bullying”.html (broken link)

White House hosts anti-bullying conference | Washington Blade - America's Leading Gay News Source

Old 03-10-2012, 10:56 AM

7,818 posts, read 4,408,820 times
Default obama's bullying tactics now syndicated

Who was that said, "committees and conferences were Washington's way of doing nothing"?

Odd that obama can't even address bullying and yet hopes to soothe middle east issues.

It would be easy to dissociate obama with bullying as it has existed forever but linking obama to bullying in this post makes him a target of derision as this phenom has been studied upside down and sideways and yet still exists.

this is just a political exercise intended to pad obama's resume for the election. His mainstream media will fill in the subliminal blanks and before you know it Obama can hang the bullying award next to his nobel peace prize and transparency award.

then again, is this an attempt by obama to train others in his bullying tactics?

Old 03-10-2012, 11:02 AM

7,599 posts, read 3,391,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
White House to hold anti-bullying conference

President Barack Obama will host a White House conference next week on preventing bullying.

The White House says the March 10 conference will bring together students, parents and educators to discuss ways to end bullying and make schools safer for students.

You know - if he really wanted to stop bullying, he would also bring in the SEIU and other union groups.
Ironic that Obama, America's biggest bully, is holding one of these.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:42 AM

75,635 posts, read 36,776,643 times
America teaches non violence to their kids in the case of bullying.
And then goes off and invades ME countries in "proactive defense" of a perceived threat.

Does anyone see the hypocrisy here ?

Old 03-10-2012, 12:32 PM

5,219 posts, read 2,094,482 times
So all the time and effort that went into getting Bin Laden could have been saved had he been included on O's bully conference invite list.

Wow, what a concept.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:38 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,319,084 times
Obama should invite Bill Maher, and give him his million dollars back while he's there.

Maybe that would show people that he means it when he says he finds bullying unacceptable.

Maybe he should stop mandating things.

Lead by example. Who Obama?

Old 03-17-2012, 12:54 PM

8,788 posts, read 6,822,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I am all for teaching kids to be respectful to EVERYONE and that we will not tolerate bullying of ANY student. But I draw the line on forcing them to accept others' behaviors/lifestyles as normal.
Then you might as well advocate expelling kids from school who come out as homosexual.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:19 PM

7,277 posts, read 3,223,480 times
.....Why is this such a bad thing?

Old 03-17-2012, 01:27 PM

9,679 posts, read 10,992,994 times
Being a child is a learning experience, take away the bully's and the kids will grow up to be wussy's who wont know what to do when someone gets on to them.
People are wussing down bad with each generation. I don't know how they will survive in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies