Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 02:50 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

White House to hold anti-bullying conference

President Barack Obama will host a White House conference next week on preventing bullying.

The White House says the March 10 conference will bring together students, parents and educators to discuss ways to end bullying and make schools safer for students.

You know - if he really wanted to stop bullying, he would also bring in the SEIU and other union groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 02:51 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

President Barack Obama will host a White House conference next week on preventing bullying.

The White House says the March 10 conference will bring together students, parents and educators to discuss ways to end bullying and make schools safer for students.

You know - if he really wanted to stop bullying, he would also bring in the SEIU and other union groups.
What a doofus Obama is. You will NEVER end bullying, It's a part of life.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:53 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:

Yes his royal highness should stop bullying the American people......with DEBT.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:57 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
No bigger bully than the federal government.

Unions a close second.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:40 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,272,380 times
Quote:

Oh great. Here it comes. I assume the Obama appointed, Safe Schools Czar, Kevin Jennings, who wrote the foreward to the book, "Que*ring Elementary Education" will be there.

Critics Assail Obama's 'Safe Schools' Czar, Say He's Wrong Man for the Job - FoxNews.com

"Jennings was appointed to the position largely because of his longtime record of working to end bullying and discrimination in schools. In 1990, as a teacher in Massachusetts, he founded the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), which now has over 40 chapters at schools nationwide. He has also published six books on gay rights and education, including one that describes his own experiences as a closeted gay student."

"The group Jennings founded has also been accused of promoting homosexuality in schools. At a GLSEN conference in 2000, co-sponsored with the Massachusetts Department of Education, the group landed in hot water when it was revealed that it had included an educational seminar for kids that graphically described some unorthodox sex techniques.
A state official who spoke to teens at the conference said:
"Fisting (forcing one's entire hand into another person's rectum or vagina) often gets a bad rap....[It's] an experience of letting somebody into your body that you want to be that close and intimate with...[and] to put you into an exploratory mode."

Read more: Critics Assail Obama's 'Safe Schools' Czar, Say He's Wrong Man for the Job - FoxNews.com

Here's one of the films currently being used to "prevent bullying" in public schools. Its an "award winning" video called, "Straightlaced" and I think its basically designed to teach kids that anything goes and that being Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered, Questioning is all Normal. One guy in the video even talks about how he likes it when people are confused and think he's a boy one day and a girl the next. I think it is designed to "confuse" our children and it is mandatory viewing in some schools. No parent notification. No opt out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcAGkSFMG9A

This scheduled meeting brings us one step closer to a mandatory showing of this video at all public schools across the country. Is it about "Bullying" or is it about forcing acceptance as normal of homosexuality on our children? If you look at the book, "After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90's" by Marshall Kirk, an extremely brilliant homosexual who had a plan, you will see how this faux "Anti-Bullying" campaign fits into the plan.

I am all for teaching kids to be respectful to EVERYONE and that we will not tolerate bullying of ANY student. But I draw the line on forcing them to accept others' behaviors/lifestyles as normal.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:14 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
As a father, I felt it was my responsibility to discuss bullying with my son.

At our "conference" the main point was "if your bullied, fight back and fight back hard"

The second point was "if YOU ever start it you're going to end up dealing with me and it won't be pretty".

Short, sweet and to the point like all meetings should be.

No problems yet I might add.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:27 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
From my article above...

Aides say this is a personal issue for both the president and his wife, Michelle Obama. The president taped a message for the "It Gets Better Campaign" last fall following the deaths of several young people who were bullied for being gay.

This fits right in, doesn't it?

I don't condone bullying gay people, but hopefully they will find someone who gets their lunch money taken from them and not make this a gay thing.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:00 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:

Really is this a joke, the union thugs have been quite threatening and hands on, especially considering that Congress lady who was shot in the face and all the civility that was called for.

More BS by President Union.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Oh great. Here it comes. I assume the Obama appointed, Safe Schools Czar, Kevin Jennings, who wrote the foreward to the book, "Que*ring Elementary Education" will be there.
Good god. Kevin Jennings? Again?! You must really feel threatened by homosexuals. Anita Bryant would have loved you. She was obsessed with the idea of gay teachers too.

Quote:
I don't condone bullying gay people, but hopefully they will find someone who gets their lunch money taken from them and not make this a gay thing.
What an ironic statement since it's usually anti-gays who turn these events into a "gay thing" - as evidenced by the poster who can't stop bringing up Kevin Jennings.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
They will probably have a zero tolerance policy and send "bullies" to 2 years in the for-profit prison: before you know it everyone will be a "bully" and they will be making millions out of slave labor for our lovely corporations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies