Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWGuy123 View Post
Seems to me that if there is anything immoral in Sharia Law (don't know anything about it, myself,) then all you'd have to do to get rid of those practices is apply already existing laws to everyone, including Muslims, which we allegedly already do, and the problem will solve itself.

Does Sharia Law require a stoning for premarital sex? If so, no need to make an anti-Sharia Law for that purpose, as it's covered by laws which are currently in place.

What exactly is there in Sharia Law that needs to be abolished that isn't already illegal?

I don't see any way to interpret this other than as an attack on Islam in general. I highly doubt there's any magical crime in Sharia Law that isn't already covered by the laws currently in place.
I see that you know nothing about Sharia, but then telling you wouldn't make any difference, anyway. One Sharia rule that has caused more trouble around the US is the one about killing your daughter if she has sex with a man you haven't approved of. Sometimes they just whip the hell out of the girl but if you look around you will see Muslims trying to defend this kind of activity because it is part of their religion.

Maybe you might look at what has happened in the UK since they allowed Muslims to punish their people, mostly in family disputes, with Sharia and not English law.

Hey, maybe you need to try to hear some of the crap they will be spewing at the White House day after tomorrow. Oh yes, there will be a number of their highest leaders there playing their game. I am sure that you can see them carrying on at Fox News whether the MSM does anything with them or not. All the top dogs in that group that day have said that they want nothing as much as the destruction of the West and its society. Now we don't see US in there but is the US not a part of the West?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 08:44 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Yes, they think that shariah is something like Kosher dietary law.
Like I said, they are completely clueless. Unless, they have an ulterior motive, like maybe they are looking for a quickie divorce.

Quote:
Malaysia permits text message divorce

The government's adviser on religious affairs, the man who counsels Malaysia's Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, said as long as the message was clear and unambiguous it was valid under Islamic Sharia law.

Sharia judge Mohamad Fauzi Ismail declared that the divorce declaration was valid and that as such the marriage between the plaintiff Azida Fazlina Abdul Latif and defendant Shamsudin Latif was annulled, the Utusan Malaysia newspaper reported.

Source: BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Malaysia permits text message divorce

Old 03-01-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Who's defending Sharia?

I'm an atheist defending the right to worship whatever the hell you want to.

If you don't like America and the Constitution get out.
Your atheist attitude won't get you treated any better as a dhimmi than mine will. Your head will go away the same as mine will. They intend to destroy the Western society and we along with the parts of our Constitution they use to old people like you to it is an important part of that society.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:48 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Quote:
There are also idiots that seem to think that all Sharia Law is going out and murdering everyone, like those who only get their education on a subject from sound-bytes from pundits. It's like saying Christianity is all about the crusades, murdering abortion providers/homosexuals and "disciplining" disobedient children.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Last time I checked, Sharia Law does not govern banking in the United States of America. If Muslims in this country don't want to use banking services because they don't comply with Sharia, that's their business.
Maybe you need to check what Sharia says about charging interest on money that has been lent. Yep, you fail the test on knowing much about that bunch and their religion.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No you poor pitiful scared bunny rabbit....There are no Muslims after me.

There are a tiny tiny small percentage of crazy Muslim extremist that have your panties in a wad....

They have their hands full right now. No need to bother with me.
I am sure that you need to follow the protest by Muslims at the White House the day after tomorrow. You may learn a whole bunch about what Muslims really want for those fools who allow them to do what they want because of their Constitution. I don't know who will get them the permit to demonstrate there but someone like you will do it for them.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I hate to say this but I am very sure you are right and they will never see what happened to them when it comes.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:59 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
There are also idiots that seem to think that all Sharia Law is going out and murdering everyone, like those who only get their education on a subject from sound-bytes from pundits. It's like saying Christianity is all about the crusades, murdering abortion providers/homosexuals and "disciplining" disobedient children.
Shariah doesn't recognize the concept of separation church and state.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:01 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
It is so typical of leftists to lack the ability to distinguish between victims and perps.

European Jews were victims -- they were law abiding, patriotic citizens who served their countries in Europe. They made tremendous contributions to the world, particularly in the areas of science and medicine. They made life easier for all.

Muslims historically were and still today are perps -- they blow up everything in their path, have a long track record of bloody conquest, push Sha'aria law and conversion on non Muslims, practice honor killings and female genital mutiliation, and have upset our entire society as well as have a completely negative impact on the entire world. Name ONE thing they have done to improve life for others.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
It is so typical of leftists to lack the ability to distinguish between victims and perps.

European Jews were victims -- they were law abiding, patriotic citizens who served their countries in Europe. They made tremendous contributions to the world, particularly in the areas of science and medicine. They made life easier for all.

Muslims historically were and still today are perps -- they blow up everything in their path, have a long track record of bloody conquest, push Sha'aria law and conversion on non Muslims, practice honor killings and female genital mutiliation, and have upset our entire society as well as have a completely negative impact on the entire world. Name ONE thing they have done to improve life for others.
This post should be bookmarked as a great example of how bigotry never goes away. Substitute Jews for Muslims, change a few slurs, presto...you've got Nazi propaganda from the 1930.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies