Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,169,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I do understand why men frequent strip clubs, no brainer here, but being a women always felt that the strip clubs, were a front for something much more going on, that is just my way of thinking. Don't the mobs own most of the strip joints. That would explain things for sure.
"Message" parlors are almost always worse. In Strip Clubs, women prostitute themselves on the side, but it's willingly.

Message parlors? Plenty of prostitution, not so much doing it willinglly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 07:27 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
In Strip Clubs, women prostitute themselves on the side, but it's willingly.
Not really. A stripper can make alot of money, such that they don't need to be hookers. They get paid better for their time stripping, doing $20 3 minute table dances, and scamming the customer for $200 champain, seriously.
Strip club owners are also very wary of getting busted. See those huge bouncers at the clubs? One of their jobs is to keep their dancers in line and legal, keep drugs out, etc. Being busted or closed down means, again, lose of money.
Sure some illegal activity happens at the sleazier clubs, but it's a business. Strip clubs and strippers make more money staying legit, and they spend most of their legal funds just trying to stay open from the politicians or DA's trying to make a political statement - changing morality and zoning laws. They are constantly fighting this in courts - constitutional defenses for the zoning changes, not rackaterring or prostitution charges.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:30 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I always thought they were, too. Kind of an excuse for cops to go and have some fun...then arrest some people. And get $ millions.

Federal Bureau of Investigation - The Seattle Division: Department of Justice Press Release

FRANK COLACURCIO JR, 48, and corporate defendant MM MR RM CORPORATION were sentenced today in U.S. District Court in Seattle for conspiracy to commit RICO—Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations. COLACURCIO, JR. agreed to forfeit $1.3 million in cash, all interest in the strip clubs and related property worth more than $6 million, and a $1.7 million property at 8600 Lake City Way which houses the Colacurcio company “Talents West.” COLACUCIO, JR. was sentenced to one year and a day in prison as called for in the plea agreement signed in June 2010.

Know what's funny? He's got more jail time that the business people who helped create this recession. That's the real joke.

Hard times push more women to strip clubs *| ajc.com

...metro Atlanta’s exotic and nude clubs generate $240 million annually, more than the city’s three major sports teams combined.

The problem is that we have the government telling us how to live. We don't need government making any kind of rules or laws at all regarding strip clubs.

Why do people think we need government telling us how to live????

Old 04-06-2011, 07:31 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,169,415 times
True, strippers CAN make a lot of money. Just like a waiter or bartender CAN, make a lot of money. If you're working at some big time place with people who tip big.

But for your average everyday ***** bar down the street, I doubt the talent is pulling into work driving a Mercedes. Any prostituting they do would strictly be on the side, and I never said they were doing it in a club.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I do understand why men frequent strip clubs, no brainer here, but being a women always felt that the strip clubs, were a front for something much more going on, that is just my way of thinking. Don't the mobs own most of the strip joints. That would explain things for sure.

So what. Why do you care why men frequent strip clubs?

Old 04-06-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
A lot of women i believe equate Strip-Clubs to cheating men, problem being is that the Men have probably already started cheating, if they are going into the clubs.

There is absolutely no connection between strip clubs and cheating on your wife.

In fact, I suspect that the opposite is true.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
"

Message parlors? Plenty of prostitution, not so much doing it willinglly.

I don't think that is true at all.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:30 AM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
I think i understand about the sleazy versus a classier joint. First i feel that a women has to feel pretty good about herself to even go into a strip joint, feel that i do, because yes i still have a good figure. But that still has nothing to do with it. I would go for the fun of it, probably get drunk myself, and hope my husband was not having too much fun. I have never been, the girls would not bother me, i have a great personality, and would probably make the girls laugh.

A lot of women i believe equate Strip-Clubs to cheating men, problem being is that the Men have probably already started cheating, if they are going into the clubs. I happen to know a few men who work and visit the clubs, but to vent steam beause of their jobs, what happens after that, well it is their business. Life is short, perhaps hubby and I should visit one, then i will know for sure.

Thanks about the Mob situation, i guess it use to be where the mobs owned must strip joints.
The places I go to would be the opposite. There is no chance of a dancer going home with your husband as most have boyfriends and husbands theirselves. The main benificiary is typically your wife or girlfriend at the end of the night anyway.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I always thought they were, too. Kind of an excuse for cops to go and have some fun...then arrest some people. And get $ millions.

Federal Bureau of Investigation - The Seattle Division: Department of Justice Press Release

FRANK COLACURCIO JR, 48, and corporate defendant MM MR RM CORPORATION were sentenced today in U.S. District Court in Seattle for conspiracy to commit RICO—Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations. COLACURCIO, JR. agreed to forfeit $1.3 million in cash, all interest in the strip clubs and related property worth more than $6 million, and a $1.7 million property at 8600 Lake City Way which houses the Colacurcio company “Talents West.” COLACUCIO, JR. was sentenced to one year and a day in prison as called for in the plea agreement signed in June 2010.

Know what's funny? He's got more jail time that the business people who helped create this recession. That's the real joke.

Hard times push more women to strip clubs *| ajc.com

...metro Atlanta’s exotic and nude clubs generate $240 million annually, more than the city’s three major sports teams combined.
In my younger days, I "investigated" a few strip clubs. Quite rewarding and eye opening.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So what. Why do you care why men frequent strip clubs?

First get this straight, i don't give a damn being a women, i am telling you from what i here first hand how some women Do really feel. They have told me this.

You can frequent all the strip clubs you want my guess, i don't give a damn. Women i do know, have told me personally they assoicate strip-clubs with cheating, not saying i do, coming from other women.
I care more about the crime, then anything else, i here things.

Maybe it is the way strip clubs on portrayed on the movies, that give women these feelings, but still i do not care. It is the crime that may be assocaited with the clubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies