Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,434,788 times

Advertisements

This is very interesting indeed. It'a slo interesting why the DoD decided to release this 2 years later. What are your thoughts?

Economic Warfare: Risks and Responses by Kevin D. Freeman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 08:30 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,755,451 times
Some on Wall Street and those in DC who enable them are financial terrorists.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInJorts View Post
Exactly. The boogeyman argument falls flat.

Lobbyists, special interests, unions, corporatists, lawyers, politicians, brokers, traders, CEO's, all the big whigs--those are your culprits. Not some made up boogeyman.
I see you don't have an interest in the report. I know it is long, but it is very informative. The report talks about the things you just did too, but there are/were other forces at work that had more of an impact.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInJorts View Post
I do have an interest but cannot read it in its entirety right now.

Can you summarize what other forces are claimed to have been at work?
China, Russia, Islam, etc.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:10 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,289,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
China, Russia, Islam, etc.
And exactly HOW did they pull off this masterful tour de force?

How did they get American consumers to take on more debt and second mortgages on their homes to finance consumption?

How did they get the largest financial institutions not only in the United States but all over the world to buy securitized financial instruments like collatorized debt obligations, and credit default swaps?

How did they get ratings agencies to do such a poor job of evaluating the risk of these financial instruments?

How did they get mortgage brokers to push adjustable rate mortgage on home buyers do did not take the time or effort to become aware of how harmful these mortgages were just to get a home sale approved.

How did these nefarious forces create markets for these instruments that were not fully transparent and get the same financial institutions to trade these instruments with EACH OTHER?

How did they get Americans to buy homes in record numbers and in many cases buy homes that these people could not afford?

I'm really eager for you to explain just how they masterminded all of this.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
And exactly HOW did they pull off this masterful tour de force?

How did they get American consumers to take on more debt and second mortgages on their homes to finance consumption?

How did they get the largest financial institutions not only in the United States but all over the world to buy securitized financial instruments like collatorized debt obligations, and credit default swaps?

How did they get ratings agencies to do such a poor job of evaluating the risk of these financial instruments?

How did they get mortgage brokers to push adjustable rate mortgage on home buyers do did not take the time or effort to become aware of how harmful these mortgages were just to get a home sale approved.

How did these nefarious forces create markets for these instruments that were not fully transparent and get the same financial institutions to trade these instruments with EACH OTHER?

How did they get Americans to buy homes in record numbers and in many cases buy homes that these people could not afford?

I'm really eager for you to explain just how they masterminded all of this.

Take the time and read the report. You might learn something. All of your questions are answered in the report.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:23 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,990,459 times
Like a broken clock even SourD can stumble upon an interesting thread idea once a blue moon.

The study is interesting and certainly points to the need for greater regulatory control over financial markets. If folks can get beyond the threads author, and I know how difficult that can be, I think that it is an interesting read.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:24 AM

30,033 posts, read 18,615,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
This is very interesting indeed. It'a slo interesting why the DoD decided to release this 2 years later. What are your thoughts?

Economic Warfare: Risks and Responses by Kevin D. Freeman
They were called "the democratic congress".

Old 03-03-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
They were called "the democratic congress".
Part of it yes, but there is a ton more there than what our reps in DC are willing to admit.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Like a broken clock even SourD can stumble upon an interesting thread idea once a blue moon.

The study is interesting and certainly points to the need for greater regulatory control over financial markets. If folks can get beyond the threads author, and I know how difficult that can be, I think that it is an interesting read.
regulatory control really had nothing to do with the greater picture. The DoD believes there were operatives from those mentioned countries that were working in Wall Street and some other giant financial institutions that helped all of this along. That is the DoD saying that, not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies