U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 06:43 AM

10,994 posts, read 7,774,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
clutches pearls

Oh, NOEZ!!! Won't someone think of the children???

But, wait ... these were adults ... and they were warned and warned and warned about the explicit nature of the demonstration.
:
Did you read the article? They were not even warned once let alone the three times you seem to think they were.
In addition, professors, who hold a degree of power over their students, should not conduct "optional" classes where a person masturbates on a stage.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 03-04-2011 at 06:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 06:49 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,742,496 times
I dimly recollect from my college days that the students taught each other far more detailed sexual information including live (I mean really live) demonstrations of how to have and enjoy sex. I have no objection to the demonstration described by the OP. In fact it seems kind of proscribed and tame. I mean it did not even describe the "Puritan Position".

Old 03-04-2011, 08:35 AM

146 posts, read 133,022 times
this incident goes to show how far off focus many universities have become.

in my opinion, educational institutions should be preparing young students to become productive members of society.

liberal professors seem to think the main purpose is to teach kids why they should be a liberal. the focus is why you should have an open mind and why traditional family structure should not be pursued

no wonder so many kids are coming out of college unemployed and useless to society.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:00 AM

14,810 posts, read 13,601,045 times
It is for precisely situations such as this that......

was invented.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:05 AM

6,406 posts, read 6,530,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Did you read the article? They were not even warned once let alone the three times you seem to think they were.
In addition, professors, who hold a degree of power over their students, should not conduct "optional" classes where a person masturbates on a stage.
I prefer other sources, and had read about this on another board. Here is one source (http://www.dailynorthwestern.com/campus/class-sex-toy-demonstration-causes-controversy-1.2501746 - broken link) (the university paper), who says:

Quote:
Interested attendees were warned five to 10 times about the intense nature of the demonstration, said McCormick senior Nick Wilson, who was present for the after-class event. He estimated at least 20 students began "trickling out" due to the warning.
Another person who was in the class is an online acquaintance of mine. She was unable to attend the after-class event due to a scheduling conflict, but emphasized that they were warned at LEAST three times, and the optional nature of it was clear.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:13 AM

7,658 posts, read 7,493,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph107 View Post
...in my opinion, educational institutions should be preparing young students to become productive members of society.

liberal professors seem to think the main purpose is to teach kids why they should be a liberal. the focus is why you should have an open mind and why traditional family structure should not be pursued...
You read the part about this being a Human Sexuality class, not like 100-level math, right?

Old 03-04-2011, 09:17 AM

146 posts, read 133,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You read the part about this being a Human Sexuality class, not like 100-level math, right?

the fact that they get credit hours for this garbage is part of the problem

Old 03-04-2011, 09:29 AM

25,397 posts, read 16,400,779 times
I guess that one interesting aspect is that live sex shows are allowed on college campuses, but not in "adult entertainment venues". Why not open up such acts there as well? It's all about the education, right?

On a different note, ever used a Sawzall (the "tool" modified for the act)? Pretty intense and powerful tool, they will make your hands numb if you run them for any lenght of time. In the use they were putting it to...lets just say it should have the desired effect in a very short time. Though other things might end up pretty "numb" too, wonder if there are any long term effects.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:32 AM

25,397 posts, read 16,400,779 times
Quote:
They get college credits for all kinds of mindless crap these days. From something like this, to phys-ed classes. Combine that with the fact that a normal load is only, what, 16 credit hours these days and college in many places is like HS with a lot of recess thrown in.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:32 AM

7,658 posts, read 7,493,555 times
Quote:
Ah, interesting. What other aspects of real life do you feel we should just ignore? Politics? Sociology? Philosophy? Art? Math?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies