U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:05 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,840,354 times
Reputation: 9357

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes that's it you keep tap dancing.

But don't you dare answer why you use CBO opinion to bolster your arguments all the time? Why you can't post any objective source that agrees with your capital gains tax cut poppycock?

I'd love to see you in court, under oath. In front of a Judge where you can't wiggle you way out your foolishness.
Must suck for you that there are LOTS of sources which say you are wrong.. And many of them are governmental ones as well..
How about the House
Capital Gains and the Revenue Estimation Process (http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/process/process.htm - broken link)
They were wrong in the 1980's, 1990's, and 2000's..
http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/process/fig-1.gif (broken link)
Off over 100%
They were ALWAYS wrong because the CBO ADMITS, that their calculations do not take into account the CHANGES that people will make because of the changes in tax codes..
Ooh and how about the CBO projections themself? You dont like them either do you?
The Revenue Outlook
sorry but even the CBO says you are wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:09 PM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,501 posts, read 13,076,923 times
Reputation: 4875
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Um, you DO know don't you that government spending increased dramatically during the Reagan years don't you - so much so that even WITH the increased revenue the deficit went way up.

So, was it the tax cuts that boosted economic activity?
Or was all the additional money the government pumped into the economy with all that additional spending serving as a stimulus?

There's really no way to isolate one impact from the other impact when BOTH were going on at the same time.

Ken
Thank you so much for your input.

I sure am!

I know that the dems who controlled congress OUTSPENT 8 of the 9 budgets Reagan gave to them.

The answer is clear, Reagans tax cuts brought is massive amounts of money in revenue and the spend a buck dems spent every damn dime and more of it.

Thank you for making my point.

Just think what we would have had if the dems would not have wasted away all the money Reagan brought in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:10 PM
 
13,180 posts, read 12,739,207 times
Reputation: 4531
EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF YOUR "SOURCE" IS KNUCKLE DRAGGING GOP HOUSE MEMBER

WITH ENDNOTES QUOTING DICK ARMEY

What don't you get about "objective source" ????????????????????

AND NOW YOU ARE BACK TO QUOTING CBO REPORTS!? .......LOL

WOW! GOODNIGHT.. PHGQUEST!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,840,354 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF YOUR "SOURCE" IS KNUCKLE DRAGGING GOP HOUSE MEMBER

WITH ENDNOTES REFERRING TO DICK ARMEY

What don't you get about "objective source" ????????????????????
Um.. the link went to the CBO reports.. The fact that you cant read them isnt my fault.. Ask your 2nd grader to help..

Or maybe you can point out the errors, actually attack the FACTS.. if you can.. instead of just writing them off because you cant comprehend.. What figure did the post that you disagree with? Either the House, or the CBO site? Show me how you know more about economics than the federal government..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
19,003 posts, read 22,021,060 times
Reputation: 6563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Thank you so much for your input.

I sure am!

I know that the dems who controlled congress OUTSPENT 8 of the 9 budgets Reagan gave to them.

The answer is clear, Reagans tax cuts brought is massive amounts of money in revenue and the spend a buck dems spent every damn dime and more of it.
OR - the big spending of the Dems pumped money into the economy & stimulated economic activity - which boosted tax revenues.



There's NO WAY to prove it was one over the other.




Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:21 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,840,354 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
OR - the big spending of the Dems pumped money into the economy & stimulated economic activity - which boosted tax revenues.



There's NO WAY to prove it was one over the other.




Ken
Um.. maybe you can sight some reports which return over 100% payback to the government for every $1 they spend.. The ONLY way your scenario could be true is if you can lsit some valid math equation which equals government spending = a boombing economy..

And wait, your scenario gets even more laughable when you consider that federal spending is at an all time high right now.. Should we be flush with revenue if you are correct and not having massive deficits?

Your type of economy only takes place in dreamland...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:25 PM
 
13,180 posts, read 12,739,207 times
Reputation: 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um.. the link went to the CBO reports.. The fact that you cant read them isnt my fault.. Ask your 2nd grader to help..

Or maybe you can point out the errors, actually attack the FACTS.. if you can.. instead of just writing them off because you cant comprehend.. What figure did the post that you disagree with? Either the House, or the CBO site? Show me how you know more about economics than the federal government..
FROM YOUR OWN CBO LINK

Several tax provisions enacted over the past decade are set to expire in December 2010. Because of those expirations and a strengthening economic recovery, CBO projects that revenues will increase substantially after 2010, rising by about 23 percent in 2011 and by another 11 percent in 2012, to reach 18.8 percent of GDP in 2012 (see Figure 4-2). The expiration of tax provisions accounts for about two-thirds of the increase in CBO’s baseline projection of revenues relative to GDP between 2010 and 2012.1 Most of the provisions originally enacted in the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 and the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 are set to expire, as are the Making Work Pay tax credit (enacted in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009) and many other provisions. In addition, temporary relief from the individual alternative minimum tax expired at the end of 2009; the step-up in AMT liability will have its largest effect on revenues starting in 2011.

PGHQUEST Your own link shows that tax cut expirations increase revenue.

I'm not dealing with you any longer....It's not fair. I figured with your claimed education you could put up a better fight...I lay off a few right wing posters here for the same reason.

Thanks for the fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:28 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,840,354 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
FROM YOUR OWN CBO LINK

Several tax provisions enacted over the past decade are set to expire in December 2010. Because of those expirations and a strengthening economic recovery, CBO projects that revenues will increase substantially after 2010, rising by about 23 percent in 2011 and by another 11 percent in 2012, to reach 18.8 percent of GDP in 2012 (see Figure 4-2). The expiration of tax provisions accounts for about two-thirds of the increase in CBO’s baseline projection of revenues relative to GDP between 2010 and 2012.1 Most of the provisions originally enacted in the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 and the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 are set to expire, as are the Making Work Pay tax credit (enacted in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009) and many other provisions. In addition, temporary relief from the individual alternative minimum tax expired at the end of 2009; the step-up in AMT liability will have its largest effect on revenues starting in 2011.

PGHQUEST Your own link shows that tax cut expirations increase revenue.

I'm not dealing with you any longer....It's not fair. ...I lay off a few right wing posters here for the same reason.

Thanks for the fun.
So now you are a psychic and you can project the actual revenues going forward.. We are discussing the PAST.. why revenues went UP even though the CBO projected they would go down.. why they DOUBLED, despite esimates that they would drop..

Did you see the little chart above, where the CBO projects increase in capital gains after tax increases, but the result was decreasing revenues? How about the charts with the CBO projecting decreases in revenue growth after taxes were cut but the result was a skyrocketing tax revenue?

Can you tell the difference between FUTURE estimates, and the past? Is it that hard for you to follow along with the discussion which is PAST estimates, or do you have the need to change the topic because the CBO reports dont support your argument?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Midwest
29,213 posts, read 18,513,735 times
Reputation: 7007
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Senate Orders Arrest of Missing Democrats - Union Protests - Fox Nation

As an aside, this page shows that Fox is being "fair and balanced" by presenting the fact that this move may not be constitutional.

When Fox News agrees that the Republicans are acting in a non-constitutional manner, you know it is bad! Time to rid WI of the dictators!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:31 PM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,501 posts, read 13,076,923 times
Reputation: 4875
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
OR - the big spending of the Dems pumped money into the economy & stimulated economic activity - which boosted tax revenues.



There's NO WAY to prove it was one over the other.




Ken

Again you just proved my point.

The 2007-2010 dems have spent more money then any on record yet the economy has failed to grow.

Then add in 800 billion MORE MONEY through the scam stimulus into it and again the economy is NOT GROWING.

Your economy and your idea is a bust, mine has been proven to work.

The dems in the 1980s spent money wastefully and probably on purpose to keep Reagan down, the dems from 2007-2010 spent money we did not have and today we have the WORST ECONOMY SINCE THE DEPRESSION on Obamas watch and ran by the dems for 4 years.

Lowering taxes brings in more revenue period.

Raising taxes kills a good or growing economy period.

Also, spending 800 billion on nothing but waste also proves me to be correct.

Lower taxes and controlled spending is the way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top