Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:14 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Not to mention the war in the former Yugoslavia!

That was ONE case where it truly was a European problem that they should have handled on their own. Nothing about that conflict had anything to do with American interests.

I wasn't in favour of getting involved.

But the MOMENT our military was committed to it, I FULLY backed them.

jeez, i find the hypocrisy almost unbearable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 10:19 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times
Quote:
I did my 20 years in the Marines '69-'89.

If they'd take me, I'd be happy to do whatever I could. But I tried that in 2002 and was told thanks but no thanks.

Thank you for your service KoobleKar. I served in the US Army for 10 years.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
don't you guys ever get tired of patting each other on the back. geez and here i thought the global warming crowd was brainwashed.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:57 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,981,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post

Then I salute you as well Sir.....

SEMPER FI!

I'm sure Mr Robocop or whatever his name is doesn't quite grasp the significance of SERVICE to your Country and never will.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Libyan Rebels Cry Out For Help....From BUSH

I tend to agree with this one soldier. We should send Bush to Libya to "rescue" them, in fact I even suggest giving Mr. Bush a M1 tank so he doesn't have to walk.

After all Libya is one country that won't charge him with war crimes so he should feel right at home, other than a lack of brush to burn.

I kind of see an epic FAIL on your part.

For what "war crimes" is George H. Bush accused of?

Old 03-04-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Then I salute you as well Sir.....

SEMPER FI!

I'm sure Mr Robocop or whatever his name is doesn't quite grasp the significance of SERVICE to your Country and never will.
into illegal, undeclared, unconstitutional wars. korea, vietnam, yugoslavia, iraq, afghanistan. you are sure right i don't. i have a brain and can tell the difference between a war for freedom and a war to protect the money printers at the fed. you people get all excited about these special handshakes and code words, without for one second considering that you're just pawns for special interest. to a certain extent i guess we all are, i'm just not prepared to die directly for that special interest. it really is quite said. i hope that some day you can let go of your anger enough just to allow some enlightenment through

Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
i really don't see what the big deal is about libya. i really just don't get why you and your ilk want to poke your nose into everyone's business. i really just don't get it. were you bullied as a child or something? this bloodlust you have is quite disturbing

If anyone is acting like a spoiled little brat here, it's you.

You lack any appreciation for those who have spilled their blood for the rights you enjoy. Don't worry, your rights were handed to you on a silver platter even if you did nothing to earn them.

You don't HAVE to THANK anyone, but you could at least show some common courtesy and respect.

You mention bloodlust, but haven't got a clue what combat's like. If you did, you'd KNOW that those who fight the wars abhor war the most.

You don't seem to have any compassion at all for those people who seek democracy and are dying for that desire as we type. We want to put an end to the bloodletting, while you are happy to allow it to continue.

You remind me of the type of person who'd let a little old lady get beat up by young thugs and not lift a finger in her defense. That's NOT something to be proud of in case you think it is. It a callous disregard for others. And it could be YOU someday in need of a helping hand.

You only live under a blanket of freedoms that others provided for you.... and in that struggle, another nation came to our aid just the same as we are proposing doing in Libya.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
into illegal, undeclared, unconstitutional wars. korea, vietnam, yugoslavia, iraq, afghanistan. you are sure right i don't. i have a brain and can tell the difference between a war for freedom and a war to protect the money printers at the fed. you people get all excited about these special handshakes and code words, without for one second considering that you're just pawns for special interest. to a certain extent i guess we all are, i'm just not prepared to die directly for that special interest. it really is quite said. i hope that some day you can let go of your anger enough just to allow some enlightenment through
Anger, you say. Yeah, you would know.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
I kind of see an epic FAIL on your part.

For what "war crimes" is George H. Bush accused of?
For starters...

Bush Can’t Travel Abroad Without Risking Arrest
Bush Can

War Crimes Conference Seeks Ways to Prosecute Bush
War Crimes Conference

Just because somebody is born with a platinum spoon in their mouth and is wealthy and well connected enough to escape justice, does not mean that they are not guilty of crimes.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Semper Fi, Jarhead.

Sorry I missed this....

Yessir: Always Faithful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies