U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:54 AM
JPD

11,883 posts, read 14,532,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Wisconsin Administration Secretary Mike Huebsch told the court that it would take $500,000 to supervise the removal of the tape, $6 milion to restore the damage to the interior of the building and an additional $1 million to restore damage done from items taped to the exterior.
Raise your hand if you're dumb enough to believe this horsesh*t.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 11:29 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,076,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I could easily see a round or two. .22 ammo is small enough, if you cleared a weapon and dropped the rounds in a pocket it would be easy enough to drop some. I'm sure I've done so at one time or another. Though 41 rounds per the article is a streach. Wonder if someone had a 50 round box in a pocket, that happened to have a hole in it?

In any case, what's the big deal? Some people just have phobias about firearms I guess.
Or some people shot their post off without thinking about what hypocrites they would be proven to be

Righties are FOR guns, FOR being armed.

Republican Rep Michelle Bachmann said Minnesotans should be "armed and dangerous"

But Repugs are turncoats if someone else carries a gun.....

Old 03-04-2011, 11:53 AM

30,794 posts, read 17,127,142 times
What you fail to realize, right or wrong, even if you have a CWP (CCW) you are not allowed to bring anything to do with a weapon on government grounds..ammo included....

Old 03-04-2011, 11:54 AM

25,397 posts, read 16,421,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What you fail to realize, right or wrong, even if you have a CWP (CCW) you are not allowed to bring anything to do with a weapon on government grounds..ammo included....
Link please? depends on the state, may be true in WI.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:01 PM

Gun laws in the United States (by state) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can find all the state laws here....

Look under "other laws" in WI....

Old 03-04-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Now we find out the union thugs have been armed on the Capital grounds.

No wonder Gov Walker does not want these crazies on the grounds.

With the heckling and pushing of a rep congressmen recently and the trashing of the capital grounds he now has enough evidence that this crowd is up to no good and is dangerous to the congressmen and anyone else who is on the ground who is acting civil.

I am hoping this gives Walker what he needs to remove the thugs from the property.

Why on earth would you need to be armed for what the left is calling a peaceful rally for rights?

Ammo found outside Wis. Capitol, site of protests - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110303/ap_on_re_us/us_wisconsin_budget_union_capitol_2 - broken link)

Add in the 500k the state now has to pay to clean up after these people destroyed property and left their trash all over the place.

This from the same link:

Wisconsin Administration Secretary Mike Huebsch told the court that it would take $500,000 to supervise the removal of the tape, $6 milion to restore the damage to the interior of the building and an additional $1 million to restore damage done from items taped to the exterior.
YUP! The taxpayers of Wisconsin used THEIR building for the purpose it was intended !!! GOOD for THEM!
Too bad Governor "Koch" didn't think of that when he tried to take away their rights. HE could have avoided all that.

AND if he lays off the cleaning personnel it won't get any better...

Old 03-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So you're all for BIG government dictating where you can carry a gun?

Old 03-04-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you're all for BIG government dictating where you can carry a gun?
Where the heck did you get that out of my statment....

Um, I am a CWP holder, so is my wife....there is a time and place for guns...

In a government building, no matter if you are a CWP holder or not...is no place for any type of gun....unless you are going to do harm...

I would also not carry concealed to a baseball game...football game...hockey game....or to a bar...

Old 03-04-2011, 12:33 PM

16,464 posts, read 21,549,467 times
Funny how the lefties were on here blasting some tea partiers for carrying in self-defense, and now it's in plain sight that the union thugs are armed...

Old 03-04-2011, 12:38 PM
JPD

11,883 posts, read 14,532,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Funny how the lefties were on here blasting some tea partiers for carrying in self-defense, and now it's in plain sight that the union thugs are armed...
There's no more evidence for that than there is evidence that the bullets were planted to make the protestors look bad.

Actually, there is MORE evidence the bullets were planted, since the governor was recorded saying he considered planting troublemakers amongst the protestors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies