Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 09:27 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
406,000 is a quarter of one percent of the total workforce (154,000,000).

Congratulations?

"which is a LOT better than any 3 month period in the last 3 years or so"

Do you mean at any time since Democrats took over Congress in 2007?
Actually the improvement in the UE rate over the last 3 months is the best 3 month change since 1983!!!!

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 09:39 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

Net jobs have been being created for well over a year now.

Ken
Ahh no...
June -192,000 jobs
July -49,000 jobs
August -59,000 jobs
September -29,000 jobs
October is when the jobs turned positive.. Coincidently it got better as it was more obvious the GOP would retake Congress..
Continue to try to re-write history though.. You might fool those who dont know better.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh no...
June -192,000 jobs
July -49,000 jobs
August -59,000 jobs
September -29,000 jobs
October is when the jobs turned positive.. Coincidently it got better as it was more obvious the GOP would retake Congress..
Continue to try to re-write history though.. You might fool those who dont know better.
LOL, You SELECTIVELY pick out the bad months over the last year and LEAVE OUT the good months then accuse ME of "re-writing history"? Do you have ANY personal integrity at all?

Lets' look at ALL the months over the last 12 months shall we (instead of just the negative ones you SELECTIVELY chose) shall we?

Mar +192,000 jobs
Apr +277,000 jobs
May +458,000 jobs
June -192,000 jobs
July -49,000 jobs
Aug -59,000 jobs
Sept -29,000 jobs
Oct +171,000 jobs
Nov +93,000 jobs
Dec +152,000 jobs
Jan +63,000 jobs
Feb +192,000 jobs

Net gain: +1,269,000 jobs

And yes I KNOW that the positive numbers of Mar/Apr/May was mostly temporary census jobs - just as I ALSO know that the losses in June/July/Aug/Sept that your selectively choose ALSO reflected the END of those temporary census jobs (otherwise even THOSE months would have shown positive job growth).

As I said, the last year showed a NET job gain - a GAIN of over 1.2 MILLION new jobs.

Ken

Old 03-04-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
LOL, You SELECTIVELY pick out the bad months over the last year and LEAVE OUT the good months then accuse ME of "re-writing history"? Do you have ANY personal integrity at all?
Shall we review your posting?
Quote:
Now lets look at YOUR figures
Quote:
Lets' look at ALL the months over the last 12 months shall we (instead of just the negative ones you SELECTIVELY chose) shall we?

Mar +192,000 jobs
Apr +277,000 jobs
May +458,000 jobs
June -192,000 jobs
July -49,000 jobs
Aug -59,000 jobs
Sept -29,000 jobs
Oct +171,000 jobs
Nov +93,000 jobs
Dec +152,000 jobs
Jan +63,000 jobs
Feb +192,000 jobs

Net gain: +1,269,000 jobs

And yes I KNOW that the positive numbers of Mar/Apr/May was mostly temporary census jobs - just as I ALSO know that the losses in June/July/Aug/Sept that your selectively choose ALSO reflected the END of those temporary census jobs (otherwise even THOSE months would have shown positive job growth).

As I said, the last year showed a NET job gain - a GAIN of over 1.2 MILLION new jobs.

Ken
You were wrong.. we are discussing MONTHLY employment figures, by your own admision there were NOT net monthly gains for over a year.. I didnt need to go back month by month and show the positives, I only showed the ones that proved you were wrong

p.s. Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb were all during months when it was obvious the GOP was taking over Congress, which backups my claims that you said were wrong.. clearly I was right.. and now your own figures show it.. Thank you once again

Old 03-04-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Shall we review your posting?

Now lets look at YOUR figures

You were wrong.. we are discussing MONTHLY employment figures, by your own admision there were NOT net monthly gains for over a year.. I didnt need to go back month by month and show the positives, I only showed the ones that proved you were wrong
MORE dishonesty on YOUR part - AGAIN?

Here is my post:

Quote:

Ken
I said NET jobs - not MONTHLY jobs (where did I even MENTION "monthly"?) - NET jobs for well over a year. The NET job GAIN over the past year was in excess of 1.2 MILLION.

Got it?
What part of "NET jobs" do you not understand?
Do you not understand the meaning of "net" when referring to numbers?
If not, let me help you out:

"Net: The amount remaining after certain adjustments have been made for debts, deductions or expenses"

What is net? Definition and Meaning

NET is the postive numbers MINUS the negative numbers.

Got it?
NET jobs - ie the final GAIN in jobs AFTER the negative months were subtracted. That number is in excess of 1.2 MILLION over the last year.

Ken

Old 03-04-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
MORE dishonesty on YOUR part - AGAIN?

Here is my post:

I said NET jobs - not MONTHLY jobs (where did I even MENTION "monthly"?) - NET jobs for well over a year. The NET job GAIN over the past year was in excess of 1.2 MILLION.

Got it?
What part of "NET jobs" do you not understand?
Do you not understand the meaning of "net" when referring to numbers?
If not, let me help you out:

"Net: The amount remaining after certain adjustments have been made for debts, deductions or expenses"

What is net? Definition and Meaning

NET is the postive numbers MINUS the negative numbers.

Got it?
NET jobs - ie the final GAIN in jobs AFTER the negative months were subtracted.

Ken
we were discussing MONTHLY job figures..

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-05-2011 at 09:26 PM..

Old 03-04-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
we were discussing MONTHLY job figures..
I WASN'T - and yet you SPECIFICALLY posted a reply to MY post regarding NET job gain.

Maybe you should actually READ the posts you reply to.

Ken

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-05-2011 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
I WASN'T - and yet you SPECIFICALLY posted a reply to MY post regarding NET job gain.

Maybe you should actually READ the posts you reply to.

Ken
Actually no I didnt.. I replied to this posting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Thanks again.
So in those three months,about 411,000 new workers joined the workforce.

406,000 jobs created,411,000 new workers joining the workforce...
Quote:
lets be real.. it could have been -406,000 jobs created.. Took a GOP Congress to push through continued tax cuts to start jobs being created again..
Which is when you chimed in telling me we had net job growth.. See, we were discussing MONTHS.. not the year...
Quote:
Dont pretend you didnt join in the discussion for MONTHS and now want to pretend you meant the year.. You arent kidding anyone..

Old 03-04-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Actually no I didnt.. I replied to this posting...

Which is when you chimed in telling me we had net job growth.. See, we were discussing MONTHS.. not the year...

Dont pretend you didnt join in the discussion for MONTHS and now want to pretend you meant the year.. You arent kidding anyone..
AGAIN I CLEARLY said "NET". DUH!!!!!!

If I'd have MEANT "MONTHLY" I'd have SAID "MONTHLY" - but I DIDN'T, I SAID "NET".
I was VERY CLEAR in what I wrote. I said "NET" because I MEANT "NET"

Got it?
NET.

It's not MY FAULT your CAN'T READ.

Try reading what people actually POST and quit blaming others for your lack of reading comprehension skills. It's certainly not MY fault you didn't understand what I wrote. I made it as clear as I could. It was just ONE sentence for crying out loud - and a simple sentence at that (with only 12 words - nothing complicated or tricky about it). "NET" means "NET" - it DOESN'T mean "MONTHLY".

Ken

Old 03-05-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:
AGAIN I CLEARLY said "NET". DUH!!!!!!

If I'd have MEANT "MONTHLY" I'd have SAID "MONTHLY" - but I DIDN'T, I SAID "NET".
I was VERY CLEAR in what I wrote. I said "NET" because I MEANT "NET"

Got it?
NET.

It's not MY FAULT your CAN'T READ.

Try reading what people actually POST and quit blaming others for your lack of reading comprehension skills. It's certainly not MY fault you didn't understand what I wrote. I made it as clear as I could. It was just ONE sentence for crying out loud - and a simple sentence at that (with only 12 words - nothing complicated or tricky about it). "NET" means "NET" - it DOESN'T mean "MONTHLY".

Ken
haha.. you pretend that "NET" only applies to yearly and not monthly.. dont worry, I'm laughing again at you.. NET indeed can apply to MONTHLY statistics, which again was what we were discussing.. I even QUOTED the parts.. Heck I even said since the GOP took over Congress, which took place months ago.. why would you turn the topic over to "yearly".. You didnt.. you meant monthly, dont worry I know you did.. thats ok.. you made a mistake because clearly MONTHLY, there was no increase over the past year like you claimed..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies