U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:40 AM

16,553 posts, read 11,065,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Actually, the restaurant owner and staff blocked the (R) Senator diners, which led to the scuffle. If you're going to report it, get it right.

And, no, I do not think they should have disrupted the entire restaurant to get a point across to the Senators.

Union supporters disrupt GOP state senators' restaurant meal | The Columbus Dispatch

"...After the vote on Senate Bill 5, seven Republican senators, including President Tom Niehaus, R-New Richmond, grabbed dinner at the Easy Street Cafe. As the lawmakers neared the end of their meal, a group of five to 10 union supporters angry about the passage of the bill hours before burst into the restaurant and began shouting.

The commotion eventually led to pushing and shoving with the restaurant staff and owner, before police arrived to calm the situation as a police helicopter hovered overhead. No senators were involved in the physical altercations, and no charges have been filed.
LOL. So the owner and staff blocked the unruly crowed from getting to them and that justifies a scuffle in your mind? I would just love for some union thugs to enter my business if I had one and do this crap. I'd beat the hell out of them with a bat BADLY for thinking they had the right to cause a scuffle because I as the owner blocked them from doing something bad. They wouldn't be back at my place of business doing that again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 11:01 AM

18,343 posts, read 11,640,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
I DID get it right:

NOOOO, you did not. the owner and staff blocked the way to the Senators, which led to the scuffle.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
LOL. So the owner and staff blocked the unruly crowed from getting to them and that justifies a scuffle in your mind? I would just love for some union thugs to enter my business if I had one and do this crap. I'd beat the hell out of them with a bat BADLY for thinking they had the right to cause a scuffle because I as the owner blocked them from doing something bad. They wouldn't be back at my place of business doing that again.

I didn't say that, try again, and this time actually read my response.

Was the word "justified" in my response? Did I say "Good for the Union?" Did I say "The owner and staff had it coming to them"? Nope.

I Said: And, no, I do not think they should have disrupted the entire restaurant to get a point across to the Senators.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:04 AM

3,190 posts, read 4,135,119 times
Quote:
NOOOO, you did not. the owner and staff blocked the way to the Senators, which led to the scuffle.

So then...please quote what part YOU think I got wrong.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:07 AM

30,778 posts, read 17,016,673 times
Quote:
You mean the owners tried to block an unruley crowd, that came INTO thier business and causing a problem....

If you were a business owner, what would you have done?

Old 03-04-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
So then...please quote what part YOU think I got wrong.

They didn't run in and attack the Owner and staff, then try to get to the Senators. The owner and staff (rightly so) blocked their path, and it led to a scuffle.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You mean the owners tried to block an unruley crowd, that came INTO thier business and causing and a problem....

If you were a business owner, what would you have done?

The same thing. Read my post to SourD and reread my response.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:22 AM

19,556 posts, read 18,754,270 times
Quote:
The union members were told to leave by the owner.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:23 AM

19,556 posts, read 18,754,270 times
Quote:
They didn't run in and attack the Owner and staff, then try to get to the Senators. The owner and staff (rightly so) blocked their path, and it led to a scuffle.
Then the union members DID attack the owner and staff....

Old 03-04-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The union members were told to leave by the owner.

And they should have left. There are better venues for protests.

My point is, they didn't run in, attack the owner, then run for the Senators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies