Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 06:50 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
After I saw and posted this, I called three people in this order....

1.) Jon Kyl - Senator of Arizona. (place where I pay my taxes)
2.) The White House.
3.) Janet Napolitano.

I almost called the American Consulate in Mexico, I was so ticked off.

However, at each call, I had to leave a message. I'm not sure it you know this or not, so please forgive me if you do.

Statistically speaking, for every (1) call made to your Senator, reflects around 10,000 of his voting constituents. If two call..20,000 and so on!
If enough people call and ask WTH are they going to do about this, it will force them to deal with this...now.

Last thing they don't want to do is give up that gravy train job that they have had for all of these year. Yes they don't get paid enough (bull s***) they should work for free for all of the perks and Honorariums they get.

If you are in Arizona... please make the call. If you are not, please call your local Senator and ask him/her what they are going to do about it.
Great advice! I will call all 3 and add Jan Brewer to the list as well for making it so freakishly easy to walk out of a gun store here with so many guns purchased at one time!!! Nobody thinks that looked suspicious? Jeez, the whole thing is really scary.
I don't think even the NRA would approve of allowing that kind of a purchase! Talk about taking some responsibility for being a border state!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 07:12 PM

467 posts, read 1,190,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Great advice! I will call all 3 and add Jan Brewer to the list as well for making it so freakishly easy to walk out of a gun store here with so many guns purchased at one time!!!!
Question...
Can anyone recognize the location of the guns shop? Plus, those two carrying the boxes, did they look Hispanic? Hard to tell. I wonder what Sheriff Joe has to say about this? Not so much the selling, but the store selling guns by the crate? Maybe we need to add Joe to the list!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:45 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
Quote:
Question...
Can anyone recognize the location of the guns shop? Plus, those two carrying the boxes, did they look Hispanic? Hard to tell. I wonder what Sheriff Joe has to say about this? Not so much the selling, but the store selling guns by the crate? Maybe we need to add Joe to the list!
You know I wonder? I'm all for a persons rights, background checks, etc. but if this new law allows someone to buy cratefuls like that we are in trouble. Not to mention the added stress for all those ATF officers with us letting anyone sell and anyone buy whatever amount there heart desires. We could be making it a little easier for those guys not to mention the cost it must be to help AZ out with our new gun laws. Jeez The whole lot of them all the way up makes me sick!
See, this is why I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, nobody is focusing on the real problems, it's just a football game they just want to win. Forget about what the people really need. I feel like firing all of them, all the way up on both sides.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:54 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
As much as I dislike Obama, you can't fault the man for doing what every President before him has done to secure the border. It seems doing nothing is about par for the course.
I disagree , you can fault ALL of them but the only one capable of changing that is who is in office NOW.

Are you saying the failures of the past (both Republican and Democrat) gives Obama a free pass to fail now???

Old 03-04-2011, 09:42 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
The ATF is helping to arm the drug cartel with AK-47s while our Border Patrol gets bean bag guns.

Every major city in this country has been infiltrated by Mexican drug gangs. The violence is completely out of control and what's being done about it? Next to nothing.

All our resources and money are going to fight some bogus wars in the middle east.

Our government is every bit as corrupt as those in the middle east. Like other corrupt empires, only the very rich are cared for, and only the very rich have a voice.

I have no idea what the tipping point is going to be, but you can't continually p*iss on 95% of the population and not expect a backlash. A big backlash.

A day of reckoning is coming. I really believe that. I just don't know when.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:52 AM

873 posts, read 1,804,492 times
And the ATF will again be on the side AGAINST U.S. citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
The ATF is helping to arm the drug cartel with AK-47s while our Border Patrol gets bean bag guns.

Every major city in this country has been infiltrated by Mexican drug gangs. The violence is completely out of control and what's being done about it? Next to nothing.

All our resources and money are going to fight some bogus wars in the middle east.

Our government is every bit as corrupt as those in the middle east. Like other corrupt empires, only the very rich are cared for, and only the very rich have a voice.

I have no idea what the tipping point is going to be, but you can't continually p*iss on 95% of the population and not expect a backlash. A big backlash.

A day of reckoning is coming. I really believe that. I just don't know when.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
So next time there's a big gun bust down in Mexico and the headlines say "US guns make their way to Mexico"..thank the ATF.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Ok, what do you think about this? From our own city! This really will puts fuel on the fire...someone's head is going to roll for this one. Are people really that stupid?

Agent: ATF partly to blame for Mexico violence - CBS News Video

"If you want to make an omelet you have to scramble some eggs!" WTF!

What in the H*** does eggs have to do with it? You are talking about peoples lives...not eggs for God's sake.
Same cartels allowed to smuggle in drugs and illegals are allowed to smuggle out weapons of all kinds.

Mexico could enforce it's border and customs laws but it also chooses not to enforce it's own laws. Just like our government.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:22 AM

923 posts, read 1,429,961 times
Here's a little more on the story. Nothing more then a continuation of the war on drugs that's been going on for the past 40 years. A war that will never be won but just drains our tax dollars. Just pathetic.
ATF Mexican gun-smuggling sting scrutinized

Old 03-05-2011, 08:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
These videos are very shocking and upsetting. Mexicans are dying with fire arms provided by the U.S. DOJ and now one of our agents. One one side we give Mexico millions to fight the drug war and on the other we aid the drug traffickers to continue to war and violence.

I'm equally shocked to see this thread silent for the most part. Not many want to comment.
If the gun shops put up signs "No Mexicans allowed" the La Raza groups would be outraged.

We allow Mexicans to freely cross over the border, traffic drugs and humans to every part of the USA, take jobs and welfare handouts, do whatever they please and now you expect some kind of monitoring of the ones who buy and steal weapons?

If Mexicans including the millions working for the cartels have every right of citizens, as so many insist they do, then they have Second Amendment rights here.

Besides keeping guns illegal isn't helping as Mexico has strict gun laws but it doesn't enforce them. Why should we deny Mexicans their Second Amendment rights to buy and own guns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies