Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 01:03 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times

Advertisements

I tell myself I am not racist. Hell, I'm in an interracial marriage right now.

And I know too many nice, normal middle-class educated African-Americans to think for a second that the problems in the black community are a function of genetics or skin color. That's just silly.

But am I a racist for thinking that there some aspects of African-American YOUTH culture that are self-destructive, self-defeating, and ultimately tend to justify racism in some people?

You tell me.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post

And I know too many nice, normal middle-class educated African-Americans to think for a second that the problems in the black community are a function of genetics or skin color. That's just silly.

But am I a racist for thinking that there some aspects of African-American YOUTH culture that are self-destructive, self-defeating, and ultimately tend to justify racism in some people?

You tell me.
Ask any black person...they'll agree with you. So if you think you're racist for thinking that way, that's your own guilt trip at work. I don't see anything wrong with what you say myself.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:11 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:

You tell me.
Not racist, just honest like we all should be about it.

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Yet another negative thread about blacks. What is the purpose? Are you offering solutions or just looking for ways to justify whatever you feel about "blacks in America"?

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ask any black person...they'll agree with you. So if you think you're racist for thinking that way, that's your own guilt trip at work. I don't see anything wrong with what you say myself.
I can understand how, depending on how I expressed this notion, someone might take it as racism.

Because I think people who wear lots of gold for show are stupid...whatever color they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG2xjCH9cTI

Warning, language...

Old 03-04-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Yet another negative thread about blacks. What is the purpose? Are you offering solutions or just looking for ways to justify whatever you feel about "blacks in America"?
The latter...but what else is new on C-D.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:

You tell me.
No, I only have a problem with folks that see flaws in the Black race, yet fail to notice them in others (namely, their own). Problems in the Black race seem to incorporate the whole race, while problems in other races are just exceptions to the rule. THOSE type of people are the ones I have a problem with.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I can understand how, depending on how I expressed this notion, someone might take it as racism.

Because I think people who wear lots of gold for show are stupid...whatever color they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG2xjCH9cTI

Warning, language...
Doesn't bother me. Wear what you want. Not my business. Not my style either, but Mr. T didnt do too bad. LMAO

Old 03-04-2011, 01:15 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
The greatest disparity is crime, in which the Black community at 13% of the population experiences 49.3% of the total murders and is imprisoned 3200 out of 100,000 of its own population.

CDC - Men's Health - Leading Causes of Death in Males

Leading cause of death for Black males, all ages.....

#4. Homicide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awolXAGYCHI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lAvkeioshs
Why don't you tell the whole truth, instead of the hole truth, and tell us who is killing them off so prodigiously?

Hint: Other Blacks

Old 03-04-2011, 01:17 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Stand down, bubba. There are no sacred cows here. Me thinks you protest too much - what are you hiding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies