Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:59 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times

Advertisements

If you ever find out that you have a neighbor who is strongly anti-gun, you should do yourself a favor and get a yard sign!

http://www.endtimesreport.com/images..._not_armed.jpg

I just have to ask though. For all of you gun haters, if your house was being invaded by armed criminals, and your armed neighbor saw them trying to get in your house, would you want your neighbor to just ignore it?

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 02-01-2011 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: Copyrighted Image
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,515 times
My guess is that I'd end up getting shot whether or not I had a gun, and my neighbor would just call the police even though he has a gun.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:46 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Not that I'm aware of. With that said, if they invade on a weekend they might find me too intoxicated to shoot straight...

[ban beer ]

Old 02-01-2011, 02:31 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
I was cleaning my guns after returning from a day at the range. My neighbor came over and was shocked not only that I had guns, but more than one. (I was cleaning several and had them disassembled.) He said "You surely don't keep them loaded in the house, do you?" I asked him if he had any pens in the house. When he said that he did, I asked if he kept ink in his pens. "Not much use without it otherwise, eh?" I tried to explain that a gun, like a pen, is just a tool with which to accomplish a task and if it's not functional, it's useless. He didn't get the analogy.

Next to my NRA decals on the front window, I can now put a decal which says "I have guns and intend to kill intruders. Go see Bob next door as he is a pacifist who doesn't believe in keeping guns."

If ever I see a break-in at his house, I'll be sure to call the police and get a beer (and probably finish it) waiting for them to arrive.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:34 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,889 times
I'm pretty sure that my neighbors all have guns. Our hood has been robbed before and since one neighbor chased the guy down the street with gun in hand, we have yet to see him or any shady people around.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:35 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Who would scare the bears off if none of the neighbors had guns?

Old 02-01-2011, 02:36 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
"I have guns and intend to kill intruders. Go see Bob next door as he is a pacifist who doesn't believe in keeping guns."
It scares me when some go orgasmic over the idea of their house getting broke in to so they have the opportunity to kill someone. These are the exact people who shouldn't own guns in the first place.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:41 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I was cleaning my guns after returning from a day at the range. My neighbor came over and was shocked not only that I had guns, but more than one. (I was cleaning several and had them disassembled.) He said "You surely don't keep them loaded in the house, do you?" I asked him if he had any pens in the house. When he said that he did, I asked if he kept ink in his pens. "Not much use without it otherwise, eh?" I tried to explain that a gun, like a pen, is just a tool with which to accomplish a task and if it's not functional, it's useless. He didn't get the analogy.

Next to my NRA decals on the front window, I can now put a decal which says "I have guns and intend to kill intruders. Go see Bob next door as he is a pacifist who doesn't believe in keeping guns."

If ever I see a break-in at his house, I'll be sure to call the police and get a beer (and probably finish it) waiting for them to arrive.
I love it! Some people just don't get it.
Guns are not bad. How many times do we have to tell them that guns do not kill people, people kill people! Who knows, though, maybe his pens might come in handy one day. Maybe he has ninja throwing skills and can throw a mean pen! LOL

Old 02-01-2011, 02:49 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
It scares me when some go orgasmic over the idea of their house getting broke in to so they have the opportunity to kill someone. These are the exact people who shouldn't own guns in the first place.
If it frightens you, then don't ever break into my house. Seems simple enough.

When you hear something go bump in the night at your house, do you pull the blanket tighter and call out "Take what you want! Don't worry, I can't do anything to stop you and I'd rather hide than be a man and defend my home and family!"

I have clearly marked property lines, strong locks on my doors and windows, and an alarm system. Anyone who ignores and/or bypasses all of that will be considered a threat and subject to immediate termination without further warning. Anyone inside my house uninvited and entering with the intent to avoid notice, is not there to do me or my family any good. The best way to stop them is to kill them and I am within my rights to do so. The job of the police is not to protect us. It is to arrive after the fact, deduce what happened, call the coroner, take some notes and write a report on it. My job as homeowner, husband and father, is to protect my family and home (in that order) by whatever means necessary, against all dangers.

I would much prefer a potential intruder stay away.

I respect my neighbor's rights to have whatever opinion he has on the subject. Under the worst circumstance, should it happen, I would miss him and wish he had more sense in protecting his home and family.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:52 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
We live in a rural area--my family hunts as do most of the people we know. You might be surprised to find out that a good number of people who use guns regularly for recreational purposes or on the farm--who've grown up using them since childhood--don't think it's a good idea for people to carry around semi automatic weapons with an extended clip. That's not being anti-gun...it's using some common sense for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies