Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 05:48 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,334,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I would be ashamed to compare a job paid by the taxpayers, to those NOT paid by the taxpayers.. And then to equate they are equal.. I dont need to watch the video to see the ridiculousness of it.. I can see the title of the thread.. Nope.. dont need to even get passed that to see how ashamed liberals should be for even pretending they are similar..

I have a friend who is a teacher, and so is his wife.. they are both pulling in $75K a year, despite the fact that his wife is teaching in her SECOND year.. Thats not too shabby, so stop moaning and groaning about how much they are hurting.. Their $250,000 home is paid off, they travel to other countries EVERY summer,.. (they joined me for one trip which was a month long vacation out of the country).. and their age..mid 30's

Spare me the whining and moaning, as if that has anything to do with the topic and the ridiculousness of comparing them to NON TAXPAYER FUNDED businesses anyways..

Dont know the difference between one you CHOOSE to support, and one you are FORCED to.. then you are the one that should be ashamed..
Everybody has a story, nobody has any actual FACTS. I don't believe your 'story' - a second year teacher making $75k. No way. Give me a link to the school district, so I can check out the salary schedules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 06:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Everybody has a story, nobody has any actual FACTS. I don't believe your 'story' - a second year teacher making $75k. No way. Give me a link to the school district, so I can check out the salary schedules.
Teacher Salaries By State | Average Salaries For Teachers | Beginning Salaries For Teachers | Teacher Raises | TeacherPortal.com

Best States For Teachers - Forbes.com

A teachers forum talking about salaries.

New Teachers starting Salary - Teachnology Teacher Forum

Love this one, worst salaries by college major (guess what #2 and #7 are);

The Best and Worst College Degrees by Salary - CBS MoneyWatch.com

Old 03-04-2011, 06:12 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:

Yea, I call bs on that one. We have among the highest paid teachers in the country here on LI, and 2nd year teachers aren't making $75,000....

Old 03-04-2011, 06:12 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
I would be ashamed to compare a job paid by the taxpayers, to those NOT paid by the taxpayers.. And then to equate they are equal.. I dont need to watch the video to see the ridiculousness of it.. I can see the title of the thread.. Nope.. dont need to even get passed that to see how ashamed liberals should be for even pretending they are similar..

I have a friend who is a teacher, and so is his wife.. they are both pulling in $75K a year, despite the fact that his wife is teaching in her SECOND year.. Thats not too shabby, so stop moaning and groaning about how much they are hurting.. Their $250,000 home is paid off, they travel to other countries EVERY summer,.. (they joined me for one trip which was a month long vacation out of the country).. and their age..mid 30's

Spare me the whining and moaning, as if that has anything to do with the topic and the ridiculousness of comparing them to NON TAXPAYER FUNDED businesses anyways..

Dont know the difference between one you CHOOSE to support, and one you are FORCED to.. then you are the one that should be ashamed..
In other words, you are afraid to watch something that makes a point about how the right contradict themselves, as your posts clearly demonstrate.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
If what you say is true, then the federal budget is in pretty good shape.

Why all the whining about deficits?
Because the profits were in the tens of billions, and the deficits are TRILLIONS..

Old 03-04-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Straight out of the mouths of Fox News talking heads....
So all you could come up with was to attack the poster, and not able to dispute one single fact posted.. Typical..

Old 03-04-2011, 06:22 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,851 times
Quote:
not even going to bother to watch.. One is paid by the taxpayer, the other one isn't.. To compare the two is ridiculous..
Indeed.
Its Tax-payer vs Tax-taker .
Its 9 months w/3off vs days nights and some weekends .
Is this not the truth ? Am I misinformed ?

Old 03-04-2011, 06:25 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
So all you could come up with was to attack the poster, and not able to dispute one single fact posted.. Typical..
Watch the video posted by the OP and then get back to us about the topic relevant to this thread.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,798,959 times
It's amusing that the loudest FOX haters
get their "news" from Comedy Central.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
I dont care that you call bs on it.. starting wages for teachers with a master averages about $52K a year.. and if you add in the extras that they do, like coaching, managing SAT tests etc, they are both making $150K together..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Yea, I call bs on that one. We have among the highest paid teachers in the country here on LI, and 2nd year teachers aren't making $75,000....
I dont care that you call bs on it either.. You both can stick your head in the sand and pretend its not true, as if that has anythign to do with the thread anyways..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In other words, you are afraid to watch something that makes a point about how the right contradict themselves, as your posts clearly demonstrate.
I'm sorry, did you find faults with my synopsis that the video was comparing the teachers with wall street? Thats not what the video was about? Or did I actually come to the conclusion that its exactly whats it about and you had nothing else to dispute my synopsis with so you had to resort to attacking the poster instead of the facts?

Where is the outcry that the janitors are being paid a lot less than the basketball players, despite them both being paid by the same individuals? How about the bus drivers who clearly get paid a lot less than the teachers.. Nope.. no liberal video crying hypocracy there.. Ahh I get it.. You guys dont understand the difference between PRIVATE enterprise paying employees and PUBLIC ones.. What a joke liberals have become.. judging from many of the posters on this thread, who dont know the difference, maybe we overpay our teachers.. They clearly havent taught basic skills to a large percentage of the public..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies