Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times

Advertisements

Worst day ever? The battle of Antietam or Chancellorsville. Any battle in WW1.

Worst emotional day: Assignation of President's Lincoln and Kennedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 09:25 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Because the liberals are the one who started it and keep bringing it up....without paying any attention to their liberal comrades who VOTED FOR the war, before they didn't...and then made up all kinds of crap to disparage GWB. While decades of how much of a "threat" and how many "WMDs" Iraq had...is on record. All because they knew, they KNEW none of their ilk would EVER research how they voted and how vehemently they too, "knew" Iraq was an issue, had the same intel that showed SH had WMDs, and SH was a loose cannon.

Care to take Kerry, Clinton, H. Clinton, Gore, Kennedy, Pelosi, Feinstein...word for word...and question what they said in the past, until they pretended they never said it? All for an election to be won by votes for the sheep who fell for their lies.

Y'all just pass over that. Like they NEVER said what they said and supported what they supported.
What you accuse liberals (actually, you need to discern them separately from Democrats) is precisely what their opposites do, so why all the rage? The bought and paid for Congresspeople voted the way their puppetmasters told them to: support the war. When the public realized it was such a horrible idea, those in the minority party fell in line with their constituency while those in the majority party towed the party line. Garbage on both sides, in other words.

You wrote that the liberals "started it". You blame them for everything. You actually think all the stuff about GWB was manufactured, which should have precluded me from even posting. GWB was an idiot and Obama won't change anything. Why anyone would continue to believe the lie that is our two-party system is beyond me. It fits so nicely into the need people have to see two sides battle for control. It's emotional rape, plain and simple.

These I know for certain:

9/11 was and our enemies are manufactured
Both parties are connected to the same source
America's worst day is every one in which these two things are not accepted as facts

Old 03-07-2011, 09:25 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
?

Aren't there a lot of tragedies in this world?
Sep 1 2001 was definitely bad, but perhaps not the worst in the world.
Once again your reading comprehension fails you. The OP clearly stated "What will you do to commemorate the worst day in American history?" in his post. You can say there were worse days in American history and tell us how you commemorate them.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:27 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Your version of "the truth" vs. what?

As you were already told: stop interpreting the OP and shoving WORLD history in a thread where American history was the issue.
Vietnam is not just world history, it is US history; attacking Iraq is not just world history, it is US history.

You don't get to interpret me, either.
See how that works!

Old 03-07-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Momentarily crazy? The "world" didn't go "momentarily crazy", radical Islam had been blowing things up for a long time...Bin Laden and Islamic crazies didn't have one little manic episode they all got over after killing a few thousand on 9/11.
The US has been blowing stuff up for a long time, too.
What's the difference?

Radical US policies brought you School of the Americas, overthrow of duly elected governments, I could (and if you like will) go on.

How about hanging black men for being black?
How about burning churches and homes of people because of the color of their skin?

These are things that US citizens did to other US citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
9/11 was the worst day in American history. 3,000 innocent people lost their lives - not people in the military, not elected officials - INNOCENT people going about their daily lives. It also sparked the war on terror, which has claimed the lives of many as well. Also, I believe the OP said worst DAY ever - not worst year, or worst period in history.

Some of you people are unbelievable.
And 100,000 innocent Iraqis lost their lives because of the US even though there was no connection at all.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:32 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
[]
What will you do to commemorate the worst day in American history?
I will watch my video "In Memoriam" like I do every year. I'll watch Shepard Smith and get an update on Ground Zero construction. Shep has a regular piece on that. And, I will watch the History Channel.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:32 AM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The US has been blowing stuff up for a long time, too.
What's the difference?

Radical US policies brought you School of the Americas, overthrow of duly elected governments, I could (and if you like will) go on.
Maybe you and other aging hippies can take your extreme anti-Americanism to some other country. This country isn't perfect and wrongs have been committed in its history, but as far as nations go; the United States is certainly the best.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Maybe you and other aging hippies can take your extreme anti-Americanism to some other country. This country isn't perfect and wrongs have been committed in its history, but as far as nations go; the United States is certainly the best.
That's your opinion. I think that the US is a pretty good country; but I also think that there are a lot of pretty good countries.
I don't hide behind blind nationalism.

Oh good, "America love it or leave it" meme. You don't like me being from the US, too bad. I'm humored that you want someone who doesn't agree with you to leave. Ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Once again your reading comprehension fails you. The OP clearly stated "What will you do to commemorate the worst day in American history?" in his post. You can say there were worse days in American history and tell us how you commemorate them.
If any horrible day in US history falls on a work day, I'll go to work; if it falls on a weekend or day I'm on holiday, I'll spend the day however I feel like spending it. I don't spend my life wrapped around certain incidences.

The OP stated specifically that 11 Sep 2001 was the worst day in US history. I disagree with that sentiment. He does not speak for everyone.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:43 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
That's like being proud of your child even if s/he is a serial killer. "Oh, he's a good boy, but I just ignore the bodies".

"Aging hippies"? "Extreme anti-Americanism"? Anti-Americanism is when America is opposed. How does criticism and suggestions for improvement fit that description? It seems to me that your thinking would be the most anti-American since it calls for expulsion of anyone who disagrees.

I will continue to call America out for its crimes because they were done in MY name. If that erodes at some sense of exceptionalism, so be it. I'm staying here and I'm going to make a difference.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:46 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
That's like being proud of your child even if s/he is a serial killer. "Oh, he's a good boy, but I just ignore the bodies".

"Aging hippies"? "Extreme anti-Americanism"? Anti-Americanism is when America is opposed. How does criticism and suggestions for improvement fit that description? It seems to me that your thinking would be the most anti-American since it calls for expulsion of anyone who disagrees.

I will continue to call America out for its crimes because they were done in MY name. If that erodes at some sense of exceptionalism, so be it. I'm staying here and I'm going to make a difference.

Yeah, what you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies