Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 05:58 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Latinos targeting Blacks

Has the Mexican Mafia's Campaign of Anti-Black Racist Terror Reached OC? - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

Armenians targeting Latinos

Armenian Power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sadly, no one group has a monopoly on hatred...nor has anyone stated that as a point of fact
That's true. Sad, but true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 07:35 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I know. It's laughable. These dudes act as if we can't see through 'em. Like we don't understand what's REALLY being said or that we're too dumb to read between the lines. Who is he kidding? I've got 45 years of this stuff under my belt...far from a rookie. A lot of this nonsense (if not all of it) is just stuff they really want to say to folks in real life but don't have the guts to do it. So they come here on some confrontational stuff and try to air it out.

Anyway, this is grain of salt sh*t to me....i just enjoy pointing it out after i spot it.
One thing I like, but also dislike, is the anonymity the internet provides. People can go on the net and violate political correctness. When all is said and done I like that fact. It comes in handy when openly discussing topics in race, gender preference, illegal immigration, and a host of other topics. Unfortunately anonymity also allows folks to be rude, hostile and of course openly insulting. Now and then I'll say something that I'll think is insightful or who knows, maybe even intelligent. Often someone will toss back an insult for my trouble. Like most people, I've gotten accustom to those things, yet I can't help wondering what would happen if the person were sitting across a table from me and demonstrated such behavior.

In another forum there was a guy who made some valid points on a topic but yet he discussed topics in a rude manner. I told him that he had a choice, mutual respect, or be ignored. He apparently chose the ignore option. I never read another word he posted.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Its not an "anti-black thread"; its an anti-liberal narrative thread. In our present culture/society, its is held as a truth that racism is something that only whites are capable of. The word is thrown around and used as a political bludgeon by the left and its media enablers. Stories such as in the OP are needed reminders that reality differs from said narrative.
Oh please.
It's anti-black and anti-liberal from the words of the OP.
Then again, some people don't start threads unless they're anti-black and/or anti-liberal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna
This my point. I have read hundreds of posts from people in this forum that claim it is impossible to be racist if you are not white.
I'd really like to see some links to these "hundreds of posts" because I don't recall seeing that said on CD.
You can provide some links, can't you? After all, you made the assertion.

Last edited by chielgirl; 03-06-2011 at 08:04 AM..

Old 03-06-2011, 08:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
One thing I like, but also dislike, is the anonymity the internet provides. People can go on the net and violate political correctness. When all is said and done I like that fact. It comes in handy when openly discussing topics in race, gender preference, illegal immigration, and a host of other topics. Unfortunately anonymity also allows folks to be rude, hostile and of course openly insulting. Now and then I'll say something that I'll think is insightful or who knows, maybe even intelligent. Often someone will toss back an insult for my trouble. Like most people, I've gotten accustom to those things, yet I can't help wondering what would happen if the person were sitting across a table from me and demonstrated such behavior.

In another forum there was a guy who made some valid points on a topic but yet he discussed topics in a rude manner. I told him that he had a choice, mutual respect, or be ignored. He apparently chose the ignore option. I never read another word he posted.
Yea, i know what's going on. I have no problem with the anonymity either, but i couldn't sleep at night if i said things on here that i wouldn't say to people in real life. I'm just not built that way. I realize that not everyone adheres to the same code, and that's fine. But some of this crap i read just has me scratching my head.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:58 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I'm not trying to badmouth any one. I wasn't even going to comment on this thread until I saw someone trying to excuse this murder and justify it. That pissed me off.

I was responding to the OP.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:17 AM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
I would be glad to post it when I run across that kind of story.

You can feel free to do the same.
you must be living under a rock if you havent heard of these incidents.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:35 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
you must be living under a rock if you havent heard of these incidents.
Some people are quite selective in what they read, hear, know.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:26 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Some people are quite selective in what they read, hear, know.
definitely!

Old 03-06-2011, 12:28 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
The racists have now come out in full force to deflect from this racist action in Chicago.

How sad.
No, people with common sense have "come out in full force" to explain why the premise of your original post is (a) completely flawed and (b) an overt attempt at race-baiting. Not one single poster in this thread has stated that they approve of violence commited by one human (of any race) against another.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:42 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Where are the mods when you need them? Why do obvious race baiting threads like this never get closed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies