Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 01:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
almost anyperson can search out another person (mostly for a FEE)

Background Check | US Search.com

Background Check & People Search Powered by Intelius

Online Background Checks and Criminal Reports | BackgroundChecks.com

Background Checks

already....so what are you worried about if we actauall had a national (your country that your should be PROUD of) id.........
There is one already..it's called a passport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 01:26 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,958 times
Quote:
your asking about 40 years too late

EVERYTHING is a database

you do understand that ..right?????

let's ask this

do OTHER COUNTRYIS have individaul state/region licenses, or do they have counrty license

in england, do you get a london license, or a english license???

so in the UNITED STATES, why should we get a newyork or nevada licesne...why not just a united states lisense...it would be so much simpler
So you just want a database like "other countries."

You do understand that different states have different laws, don't you? If we had a federal drivers' license, would a traffic offense then be a violation of federal law? Would we have a federal department of drivers' licenses?

You maybe need to step back and just brainstorm about the full ramifications of a national ID would be. Do you support this idea because of whatever concerns you may have about who is allowed to work in this country? Is that really the foundation of your advocacy of a national ID?

Old 03-06-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post

You do understand that different states have different laws, don't you? If we had a federal drivers' license, would a traffic offense then be a violation of federal law? Would we have a federal department of drivers' licenses?

You maybe need to step back and just brainstorm about the full ramifications of a national ID would be. Do you support this idea because of whatever concerns you may have about who is allowed to work in this country? Is that really the foundation of your advocacy of a national ID?
Hopefully that is not the reason. These things can be hacked and get validated. Why Elvis went to Amsterdam in Feb 2010..his e-passport says so !

Fake Elvis Passport Passes Through Airport Security : Discovery News

Old 03-06-2011, 01:33 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post

funny that you a liberal would be fighting a national id,,,but you sure have no probkle pushing a national heath care..or other european policies

Old 03-06-2011, 01:41 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There is one already..it's called a passport.
really....I can use my passport to drive.....hmmm

IF we are ONE country...why not have ONE drivers license...other thatn cheating the american people out of their monies with 50 different rules and id's

almost all countries issue licenses at the COUNTRY LEVEL...why not us...even my INTERNATIONAL license is issued at the COUNTRY OF ORIGIN (a international is good in every counrty excevt the issuing (in my case Luxumberg)

why all the FEAR over a national id.......and BTW it CANT track you

rfid's (which the CAC is not) are a LOCAL(15 meter) ...even easypass gives you a 'foil' lned pachet to make sure that it cant be read if you dont want it to......

sorry by I will not live my life in FEAR, of what my beautiful country might or might not want to know about me.....why would you allow these FEARMONGERS out there to bully you into beliveing all this garbage about the chips?????????????

Old 03-06-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:

IF we are ONE country...why not have ONE drivers license...other thatn cheating the american people out of their monies with 50 different rules and id's

almost all countries issue licenses at the COUNTRY LEVEL...why not us...even my INTERNATIONAL license is issued at the COUNTRY OF ORIGIN (a international is good in every counrty excevt the issuing (in my case Luxumberg)

rfid's (which the CAC is not) are a LOCAL(15 meter) ...even easypass gives you a 'foil' lned pachet to make sure that it cant be read if you dont want it to......

sorry by I will not live my life in FEAR, of what my beautiful country might or might not want to know about me.....why would you allow these FEARMONGERS out there to bully you into beliveing all this garbage about the chips?????????????
Why are you so fixated with a national driver license ?
The National ID is not a national driver license.
The REAL ID act is not about a national driver license.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:33 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:

So far you've claimed those of us that are opposed to a national ID;
1. Have something to hide.
2. Dislike the idea based on nothing other than irrational fear.
3. Are unpatriotic and must dislike our country if we don't support further
growth of an already bloated federal government.
4. Should support the idea as it is used in a number of other countries.

In my opinion the above claims are little other than poorly constructed attempts at bullying others into adopting your point of view.

You've yet to present a compelling reason to afford another unconstitutional power to federal government.

The Founding Fathers were intentionally distrustful of an overly powerful central government. Those of us that choose to adhere to their intent are not doing so out of any dislike for our country. In point of fact the loyalties of a person that cites the policies of other nations as an excuse to ignore the histories, laws, and traditions of this nation could easily be called into question.

Claims that a national ID would somehow save money are nothing other than speculation with little regard for the long and storied history of fiscal irresponsibility exhibited by the federal government. Admittedly waste and abuse can happen at all levels but few if any other institutions are as adept at wasting money as the feds.

I'd be willing to bet you believe the "Patriot Act" was a good thing too.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:37 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,958 times
Quote:
funny that you a liberal would be fighting a national id,,,but you sure have no probkle pushing a national heath care..or other european policies
There is no connection between the two.......National ID and universal healthcare! LOL

Actually, the ACLU also objects to the national ID because of invasion of privacy and possible loss of individual freedoms. I object to the invasion of privacy of such a national database owned by the feds. The potential for abuse is enormous, IMO. I agree with outbackNV

Old 03-08-2011, 03:40 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
I haven't had time yet,,,, still to reseach this, but if it don't have a valid Gun Carry in all 50 states I won't get it anyway.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:54 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
With budget problems they just cannot afford the equipment.
lol good. as long as they dont try to put a 666 chip in my wrist, head or any part of my body i 'llbe able to sleep at night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies