U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 11:44 AM

5,877 posts, read 4,036,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Another reason we need to fight back against liberalism. They reek of everything vulgar, foul and degrading, destroying society.
Yes those filthy liberals making TV shows! The decent God-fearing All-murrican these colors don't run, right just masturbates in their car in public parking lots, cheats on their wives, gets divorced, starts wars based on lies and misinformation, protests soldier's funerals, invokes their deity in natural disasters that take thousand's of innocent lives, etc. Yeah if that's the moral majority let me stay on the immoral minority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Considering the pains Christians go to be considerate of others, I think common decency could be reciprocated by speaking your criticisms of Christians in a straightforward manner instead of using them as target practice for your own lame issues as per usual.

Anachro- Totalitarianism; knock out the pillars of the community and replace them with 'like minded' individuals. The Koch plan is to hijack the Republican party, then kill the Democrats, then the independents. Can't win an argument on merit, burn the books.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:49 AM

11,961 posts, read 12,469,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMePost View Post
Wait, are you guys even paying attention to the connotation? How is this an attack on Christians? You guys are interpreting it as meaning all Christians are considered b*tches. If anyone should be upset, I would assume it would be women, cause that word is being used synonymously for women. It's a book written by a Christian.
Yes it is and it's offensive to HEALTHY male Christians who know a little better what a Christian woman looks like. What's more the presumption & obsession with womankind as somehow to blame for everyone's personal misery is quite enough already. If nothing she does in this brand of civilization could ever possibly be correct, it is YOU & your civilization who are ill, not her.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:51 AM

3,681 posts, read 5,397,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
The PC of the right strikes again. Do you pay any attention whatsoever as to how Muslims are portrayed in TV fiction? Freedom of speech is being able to show what you want on your network, so long is it is in accordance with FCC rules.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:54 AM

161 posts, read 119,410 times
Quote:
Yes it is and it's offensive to HEALTHY male Christians who know a little better what a Christian woman looks like. What's more the presumption & obsession with womankind as somehow to blame for everyone's personal misery is quite enough already. If nothing she does in this brand of civilization could ever possibly be correct, it is YOU & your civilization who are ill, not her.
Elaborate please. I'm seriously trying to understand where you're coming from. Yea, I'm pretty sure you don't agree with how I may live my life or my viewpoints, but I don't see how that fits into my earlier post.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:55 AM

9,605 posts, read 14,312,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Tell that to the Wisconsin Republicans, would you please?

Old 03-05-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Well fortunately for all of us it's not up to you decide what grown adults should and shouldn't do.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Can I get an AMEN?!

Old 03-05-2011, 11:57 AM

10,005 posts, read 8,742,624 times
Quote:
Considering the pains Christians go to be considerate of others, I think common decency could be reciprocated by speaking your criticisms of Christians in a straightforward manner instead of using them as target practice for your own lame issues as per usual.

Anachro- Totalitarianism; knock out the pillars of the community and replace them with 'like minded' individuals. The Koch plan is to hijack the Republican party, then kill the Democrats, then the independents. Can't win an argument on merit, burn the books.
This isn't about criticism or target practice, and many Christians are wonderful people. This is about the first amendment, which I would defend even for the insidious Koch bros. It is all about winning arguments on merits rather then trying to intimidate broadcasters into self censorship

Old 03-05-2011, 11:58 AM

3,681 posts, read 5,397,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I think you mean Wisconsin MIA Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies