U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 02:44 PM

6,745 posts, read 8,079,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Trail View Post
Your Quote
The reason why Fox has so much attention is that more people who watch the news are Watching Fox and like it better. Thats why Fox News has the highest ratings of all news channels.
...that would be CABLE news...not all news channels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 02:45 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,024,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
If so, one would have to assume that all people who watch FOX news are uneducated and incapable of forming their own opinions.
I don't assume. I know.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:46 PM

226 posts, read 452,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
If so, one would have to assume that all people who watch FOX news are uneducated and incapable of forming their own opinions.
I guess you could say the same thing about Liberals that watch MSNBC.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:48 PM

19,891 posts, read 15,776,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Do you think the majority of the scientific community agrees with you?

Why, does majority rule in science? There was a time when the majority of scientists believed the sun revolved around the earth. That worked out pretty well.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:08 PM

2,179 posts, read 5,983,498 times
I watch FOX, CNN - HLN, CNBC/MSNBC, and Bloomberg.

Each network has their good programs. Each network (sans Bloomberg) has their sensationalists. The key is to listen to the talking points and draw your own sane conclusion to what's going on. People like Beck and Maddow are the outliers that make no sense to me.

At the end of the day, the networks are in business to turn a profit. If an unscientific poll came out stating Americans trust their news from Snoop Dogg and Kermit the Frog; you can bet the house that one of these networks would have The Snoop and Kermit World News Hour. One Smokes Green - The Other is Green.

People who think these networks are in business to provide unbiased news are nuts.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:18 PM

22,153 posts, read 26,640,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Here in lies the lie of the left...

Global warming, or climate changes

Everyone knows the climate is ever changing.

The dust bowl of the 50's was followed by record snow and rain fall

Now global warming, that is bogus.

Poles are constantly moving(north pole toward Russia) and we are getting sucked by gravity towards the sun daily.

That I can believe.
Actually, the dust bowl was in the '30s.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:36 PM
JPD

11,871 posts, read 14,483,607 times
Quote:
I don't think Fox News influences any more people than the other News Organizations do but they do have more listeners because they stand on the motto of fair and balanced news and being the number one watched news,one has to conclude that they believe Fox more..
So, if they are fair and balanced, what programming do they offer that balances the viewpoints of Sean Hannity, Brit Hume and Glen Beck?

Old 03-11-2011, 03:55 PM

89 posts, read 189,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
So, if they are fair and balanced, what programming do they offer that balances the viewpoints of Sean Hannity, Brit Hume and Glen Beck?
A reasonable question you have Sir ,I will try and answer by saying
Ratings are your answer to your question.
More people believe that they are fair and balanced including the three you mentions above which are fair and balanced in their own shows and like I stated more people watch Fox News than the others.
So if by chance you disagree with them being fair and balanced ,,then you are out numbered as not being a believer of Fox being fair and balanced.
All the shows above mentioned by you have guests on their shows with opposite views and they have a voice of their own to use and thats fair and balanced .

Old 03-11-2011, 03:57 PM
JPD

11,871 posts, read 14,483,607 times
Quote:
Ratings are your answer to your question.
More people believe that they are fair and balanced including the three you mentions above which are fair and balanced in their own shows and like I stated more people watch Fox News than the others.
So if by chance you disagree with them being fair and balanced ,,then you are out numbered as not being a believer of Fox being fair and balanced.
All the shows above mentioned by you have guests on their shows with opposite views and they have a voice of their own to use and thats asfair and balanced .
Nice dodge.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:03 PM

32,612 posts, read 17,691,118 times
Default So much attention is focused on FOX news, do people really think FOX News influences the public regarding politics?

Fox reaches to their choir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies