U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 06:54 PM

6,458 posts, read 5,912,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Media Blathers?

Nothing coming from them is credible. Nothing but a propaganda mouthpiece for the democrats/Left.

Look what those imbeciles did....and look at the COST to the taxpayer.

Judge orders protesters out of Wisconsin Capitol - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110304/ap_on_re_us/us_wisconsin_budget_union_capitol_5 - broken link)
Just curious. Why does it cost so much to remove things 'taped' to the building?

Seems a bit overdone, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 07:06 PM

10,833 posts, read 11,575,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Just curious. Why does it cost so much to remove things 'taped' to the building?

If items were taped to a painted wall (inside), you're likely gonna see paint come off with the tape. If thats the case, repainting the walls will be necessary. I'm sure this isn't a small building we're talking about either.

I will agree though, the estimate does seem excessive. I have not, however, seen the damage present.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:16 PM

170 posts, read 226,429 times
Quote:

Because the clean-up crews are state union workers.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:30 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,671,787 times
Default Taxpayers Beware ..... The "Democritters Want More !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
They are consistent.
The taxpayers are going to have to clean up the mess they are leaving state economies in all across the nation, with their unfunded pensions and other freebies.
Frank DeForrest !!! ... On The Money !

Oh Yes ! ... Yes Indeed ... Leave it to those ole "Looney Lib "Democritters" to well sort of uh stink & mess up a place and then leave it for others to pick up the tab on the clean up !!! What a pitiful crew of miserybells this bunch truly appears to be ! ... What ?

Cheerio / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,098,930 times
They haven't learned much since woodstock it seems.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:51 PM

60,411 posts, read 30,688,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Not only did the unions/supporters leave their signs and taped garbage all over the place, but they also appears they damaged the marble.

Breitbart.tv Tea Partiers Clean-Up Mess Left By Union Protesters in Wisconsin

I bet my life on it last night in another post, this is exactly what would happen.

Glad my fellow Patriots in Wisconsin, didn't let us down.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:52 PM

85,020 posts, read 98,892,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
If items were taped to a painted wall (inside), you're likely gonna see paint come off with the tape. If thats the case, repainting the walls will be necessary. I'm sure this isn't a small building we're talking about either.

I will agree though, the estimate does seem excessive. I have not, however, seen the damage present.
The marble walls are painted?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:02 PM

10,833 posts, read 11,575,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The marble walls are painted?
As I clearly stated, I have not seen the building. I was simply going off what was being reported with the tape and all. That was the only damage I could see resulting from tape.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:07 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,041,317 times
Quote:

Maybe they think it has to be cleaned up by a union thug member who will demand 10x his/her value in pay.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,041,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Good post Katiana! As usual, Fox News lies in their attempt to discredit the protesters.

Remember how Fox Noise reported that Obama was spending 200 million per day to go to India? Perhaps Fox should invest a dollar or two into buying a calculator. The only problem is......someone there would have to know how to use one.

Again kit does not matter how much it cost.

The FACTS are they destroyed Government property purposely.

Stop trying to defend them.

Are you saying it was right for them to use sharpies on those marble walls then?

Who is going to pay to fix this? The taxpayers of course.

I think they need to go back to some video and hunt down find those who actually did this, arrest them and make them pay for the cleanup.

Any way the loons twist this the CRIME WAS DONE and it does NOT MATTER how much it cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies