U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 08:54 PM

9,958 posts, read 3,921,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
what the hell are the TP doing there anyway lol.....i mean a bunch of fools complaining about so called folks being bussed in from st elsewhere but the TOTAL ECCENTRIC Animal-party showing up is perfectly fine wow
Someone has to step in and fix the mess that the union trash left behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 08:55 PM

9,958 posts, read 3,921,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
leave it to liberals to make trash a historical menorabilia!!
We should keep it as evidence.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:59 PM

25,517 posts, read 16,886,770 times
Hahahahaha, months ago I predicted the "trash" issue would keep being brought up by the pathetic fringe. Was I right?

Old 03-06-2011, 11:10 PM

1,777 posts, read 616,417 times
In the meantime, people who actually deal with building preservation say the protesters in Wisconsin did an admirable job in preventing any significant damage to the capitol building in Madison.

PreservationNation » Blog Archive » Demonstrators Treating Historic Wisconsin State Capitol with Care and Respect

Quote:
Remarkably, the protesters have adopted an ownership ethic in the building, treating it with the utmost care and respect. Thousands of signs with protest slogans, information, and wayfinding information are taped to the granite and painted walls, without exception, with low adhesion blue painter’s tape. Memorial installations are left completely free of signage. Trash and recycle bins are prevalent, and there is no discarded trash anywhere. Demonstrators organize daily cleaning crews. They are also evangelistic about their respect for the building. Handwritten signs on glass display cases, rest room doors and granite pillars demand care, cleanliness, and respect for the building they call “Our house.” High humidity and salt and dirt residue may add to the cumulative impact on floors and painted surfaces, but any damage to the building is unintended.

Political differences catalyzing the demonstrations are far from resolved and large crowds continue to gather at the building, but demonstrators have shown reverence for the state house as the gathering place of democracy is Wisconsin, and show no signs of resorting to symbolic attacks on it.

Jason Tish is the executive director of the Madison Trust for Historic Preservation and a local field representative for the National Trust for Historic Preservation.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:34 PM

5,886 posts, read 4,505,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Someone has to step in and fix the mess that the union trash left behind.

did it cost them 7 million i think not..
Damage by protesters to the Wisconsin state Capitol will cost $7.5 million to repair

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...ate-capitol-w/
file:///C:/Users/CELPH/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png (broken link)file:///C:/Users/CELPH/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png (broken link)file:///C:/Users/CELPH/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png (broken link)file:///C:/Users/CELPH/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png (broken link)

Old 05-03-2011, 03:44 PM

1,811 posts, read 326,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offsetdude View Post
Hasn't this **** already been proven false?
No, it was proven true. I can understand your confusion, though, true and false meaning almost the same thing ---- NOT!!!!

Old 05-03-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Hahahahaha, months ago I predicted the "trash" issue would keep being brought up by the pathetic fringe. Was I right?
Once again - NO. This is no different than all the liberal rallies etc., held across the country. They leave tons of trash and litter scattered everywhere.

However, I would expect nothing else from a bunch of bottom-feeding morons stupid enough to be liberals in the first place. No surprises here.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:06 PM

25,517 posts, read 16,886,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Once again - NO. This is no different than all the liberal rallies etc., held across the country. They leave tons of trash and litter scattered everywhere.

However, I would expect nothing else from a bunch of bottom-feeding morons stupid enough to be liberals in the first place. No surprises here.
Does your presence here have a point? It's trollish to dig up a old thread just so you can practice your insults.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Does your presence here have a point? It's trollish to dig up a old thread just so you can practice your insults.
I shall not stoop to your level to engage you in your infantile spit-fight.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:13 PM

1,777 posts, read 616,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
I shall not stoop to your level to engage you in your infantile spit-fight.
You bumped a thread that had been inactive for almost two months to post a content-free one-liner insulting another poster. I think you started an infantile fight there, jeff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies