U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-13-2011, 06:28 PM
 
15,439 posts, read 8,811,154 times
Reputation: 13835

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Idotic Poste. Time IS money. People have to eat, be housed, clothed etc.

Resources ARE Money.

You post lives in a dream world free from and of reality, truth fact etc.

Get (purchase, steal, manufacture, conjure or dream-up) a CLUE.
They want to live in Star Trek. The perfect world, no money, food made out of thin air, and everyone is equal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2011, 06:30 PM
 
15,439 posts, read 8,811,154 times
Reputation: 13835
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The programs at risk should be at risk.

Good bye and good riddance!

It's funny how people don't realize that for every "right" a person feels entitled to, someone else has a responsibility to pay for it.

If these programs are so important to the recipient, they would find a way to take responsibility for it themselves.
I just watched the news. They were covering the floods in New Jersey. Some moron said that the state should buy the neighborhood houses and move the residents somewhere else.

Learned helplessness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 06:43 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,132 posts, read 15,764,200 times
Reputation: 7794
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
They want to live in Star Trek. The perfect world, no money, food made out of thin air, and everyone is equal.

Everyone equal is not a perfect world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 06:54 PM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,652 posts, read 7,171,000 times
Reputation: 2845
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
The ideologies ARE against each other - always have been.
Keep in mind the right-wing pep rallies have been going on for 30+ years. Limbaugh created the great Liberal-Conservative Divide. Before Limbaugh this great divide did not exist. He made things simple for a certain frightened, suspicious mentality (now his followers). Opposing "liberal" views have not been heard until recently. The left of Limbaugh is NOT liberal. It includes moderates. BTW don't say these are buzzwords, they have meaning.
You're saying the desire for authority is in everyone, being pursued by everyone, and nobody has the will power to keep it in check.
Not true. That's just what Fox etal say to keep you in line. Have you bought into this? The "evil liberal" is exactly a Fox buzzword.
BTW haven't you noticed that big money is really in control, and always favors Republicans? Why would the super-wealthy favor them? The "best Americans" we can presume.
Well first of all this thread really isn't my cup of tea. It is emotionally charged and repetitive. It rehashes the same stuff as umpteen other threads.
But Hannity, Rush etal are not "buzzwords", they are spokesmen for a plutocratic point of view which many people take seriously. That's a concern for democracy and America as it "used to be".
Yawn. I am off to talk with people who think and don't parrot.

Go team! I hope your cheerleader outfit stays clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,132 posts, read 15,764,200 times
Reputation: 7794
[quote=detwahDJ;18262923]The ideologies ARE against each other - always have been.
Keep in mind the right-wing pep rallies have been going on for 30+ years. Limbaugh created the great Liberal-Conservative Divide. Before Limbaugh this great divide did not exist. He made things simple for a certain frightened, suspicious mentality (now his followers). Opposing "liberal" views have not been heard until recently. The left of Limbaugh is NOT liberal. It includes moderates. BTW don't say these are buzzwords, they have meaning./quote]


Silly post. Rush didn't go national until the late 1980s.

Liberal - Conservative divide was alive and well a long time before that.

You must be a young person (or out of touch) or you would remember the same divide back in th 1960s.... long before Rush arrived on the scene. And I suspect it started even before that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 07:11 PM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,652 posts, read 7,171,000 times
Reputation: 2845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

Silly post. Rush didn't go national until the late 1980s.

Liberal - Conservative divide was alive and well a long time before that.

You must be a young person (or out of touch) or you would remember the same divide back in th 1960s.... long before Rush arrived on the scene. And I suspect it started even before that.
Yep, like the 1870's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,132 posts, read 15,764,200 times
Reputation: 7794
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
T
BTW haven't you noticed that big money is really in control, and always favors Republicans? Why would the super-wealthy favor them? The "best Americans" we can presume.
Well first of all this thread really isn't my cup of tea. It is emotionally charged and repetitive. It rehashes the same stuff as umpteen other threads.
But Hannity, Rush etal are not "buzzwords", they are spokesmen for a plutocratic point of view which many people take seriously. That's a concern for democracy and America as it "used to be".

Big money... like George Soros, Al Gore, Edwards, the Kennedy's, Alec Baldwin, Streisand, and thousands of other very rich people support democrats.....

How do you think Democrats raise hundreds of millions of dollars every campaign?

Yes, the Democratic party is the party of the filthy rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 07:13 PM
 
155 posts, read 118,703 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Big money... like George Soros, Al Gore, Edwards, the Kennedy's, Alec Baldwin, Streisand, and thousands of other very rich people support democrats.....

How do you think Democrats raise hundreds of millions of dollars every campaign?

Yes, the Democratic party is the party of the filthy rich.
You would be shocked how much money companies throw to GOP lobbyists in DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 07:22 PM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,652 posts, read 7,171,000 times
Reputation: 2845
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDinganSich View Post
You would be shocked how much money companies throw to GOP lobbyists in DC.
I would not be shocked at all, they both receive about the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2011, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Southern Minnesota
5,990 posts, read 11,281,937 times
Reputation: 3201
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
You are right, some people are less fortunate. But I have always found the harder I work, the luckier I get.
What about the man who works his tail off for 30 years, gets laid off, can't find another job because of age discrimination and runs out of his 99 weeks of unemployment? Is he now lazy?

Hard work doesn't guarantee success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top