Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 06:28 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,380,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Everyone equal is not a perfect world.
Yes, it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 06:32 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,188,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Yes, it is.
The only way to try and make everyone equal is at the end of a gun. Those holding the guns are not equal, so it is imposable. Utopia is not an option.

Work towards equal opportunity.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:48 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,571,352 times
Quote:
What about the man who works his tail off for 30 years, gets laid off, can't find another job because of age discrimination and runs out of his 99 weeks of unemployment? Is he now lazy?

Hard work doesn't guarantee success.
no he was not lazy! he was very stupid! for not saving a few dollars every pay day for 30 years.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:53 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,392,665 times
Quote:
What about the man who works his tail off for 30 years, gets laid off, can't find another job because of age discrimination and runs out of his 99 weeks of unemployment? Is he now lazy?

Hard work doesn't guarantee success.
Just for the record, all I said was "the harder I work, the luckier I get."

And I had twenty years of hard work that left me unemployed, broke, in debt. The next ten years of hard work brought me a couple lifetimes of good luck.

Hard work doesn't guarantee success, but it makes it a hell of a lot more likely.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:59 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,913,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Big money... like George Soros, Al Gore, Edwards, the Kennedy's, Alec Baldwin, Streisand, and thousands of other very rich people support democrats.....
How do you think Democrats raise hundreds of millions of dollars every campaign?
Yes, the Democratic party is the party of the filthy rich.
These can't compare with multinational corporations. Why are you spinning for the right? Haven't you noticed who gets more money?

Old 03-13-2011, 08:33 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,571,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
These can't compare with multinational corporations. Why are you spinning for the right? Haven't you noticed who gets more money?
I believe president Obama raised a record amount of millions of dollars. he gets lots of money from very rich people! he is a democrat? right!

Old 03-13-2011, 08:46 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,913,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I believe president Obama raised a record amount of millions of dollars. he gets lots of money from very rich people! he is a democrat? right!
You quote my post and then ignore it! Don't you know wealthy people hedge their bets by giving a lesser amount to Democrats? It has always been that way.
I notice there are a lot of Limbaugh/Fox plutocrats all over this forum. What I keep asking is:
A) Why you think plutocracy is good for this country, or
B) Why you even WANT plutocracy here.
Seems to me if you think it's good, you should be willing to say why!

Old 03-13-2011, 08:48 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,516,017 times
Quote:
Capitalism sucks. Period. I know that may sound shocking, but it's true -- at least of unregulated, laissez-faire "free market" capitalism. It screws the poor and middle class out of a decent living, while enriching the corporations that send our jobs overseas and making the fat cats even fatter. It is a disgusting, evil system based upon greed and avarice. It is based on the lust for more, more, MORE while stopping at nothing to feed that desire.

In a capitalist system, corporate execs will slash thousands of American jobs to add a few pennies to their annual bonuses. They will send skilled jobs to China and Cambodia, laying off American workers and forcing children to work in sweatshops for pennies per day. These soulless organizations will sell out American workers to save a pittance, reaping record profits while we grow more and more desperate. If people here are fortunate enough to keep their jobs, they'll see their wages slashed, pensions cut and benefits scaled back. When unions try to stand up for workers rights, the government moves in to bust the unions in the name of "saving money" (look at what's happening in Wisconsin). However, raising taxes on the rich and corporations is out of the question. The government gives corporate behemoths tax breaks and exemptions and even bailouts while cutting essential services like education and unemployment benefits. It is disgusting.

It's not just about jobs either. Take healthcare. A man works hard, goes to college, and gets a good job with health benefits. If he loses his "good job," he'll be out of luck, becoming one of the millions of uninsured Americans. At least in almost any other developed country, you don't have to worry about lacking health insurance because you lose your job. Also, what of all the people with pre-existing conditions - the private health insurance companies look for ways to deny them.

People keep talking about "high taxes" and how they don't want to pay taxes. I really don't get this. I'd rather pay higher taxes and get better services than save money on taxes and have to fight the corporate machine to get essential services like healthcare. I'd rather tax the living crap out of the rich and corporations to ensure everyone gets a free education, a living-wage job, a home, unlimited unemployment insurance and guaranteed access to free or very low-cost healthcare and prescription drugs.
It's simple......

LEAVE.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:56 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,380,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
It's simple......

LEAVE.
I'm strongly considering moving to Canada.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:40 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,205,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmith365 View Post
No need for name calling, little jeffy. Your post doesn't effect me; I've been in enough threads with you to know that you are not worth responding to. Going forward, you have been officially ignored. Stop wasting my money (time)!
Nobody called you a name AJ young boy. Only your post was commented on. Your two posts combined are devoid of even a single clue. Get cracking and quit wasting your OWN time.

At 6'6" 290, I am far from "little".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies