U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-07-2011, 05:02 PM
 
10,963 posts, read 7,764,501 times
Reputation: 3113

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
No problem, JazzyRacistGuy. Go ahead and slip your victim card back into your wallet and move on.....because I don't understand.
At least you're honest enough to admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-07-2011, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,867,236 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
All major events in the past affect the present.

For Detroit the 1967 riot was a major event. Immediately after we saw en masse white flight from Detroit to the suburbs. Warren, MI experienced growth of 100% from the 1950s to the 1970s. As did Livonia, MI. These two cities are over 90% White non Hispanic. In fact, Livonia has the distinction of being America's Whitest city of over 100,000 people.

That may or may not be true depending on the event or situation but one major event is not the only reason Detroit is what it is today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,867,236 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
At least you're honest enough to admit it.

Also.....at least you don't contradict the fact that you're a racist and have a victim card in your wallet....or as previously stated that you have a black beret and billy club in your closet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 05:34 PM
 
2,210 posts, read 1,530,267 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That may or may not be true depending on the event or situation but one major event is not the only reason Detroit is what it is today.
I didn't say the ONLY reason. It seems like you have trouble reading the posts and keeping up.

It may or may not be true? Why are there two Koreas? An event in the past had a large bearing on the current situation. Large events in the past have a bearing on the current outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 05:36 PM
 
2,210 posts, read 1,530,267 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Also.....at least you don't contradict the fact that you're a racist and have a victim card in your wallet....or as previously stated that you have a black beret and billy club in your closet
Rick, I truly hope that you aren't in PR. You're doing a great job humiliating yourself on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,867,236 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Rick, I truly hope that you aren't in PR. You're doing a great job humiliating yourself on this thread.

That would be a compliment considering the source.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
29,007 posts, read 19,031,716 times
Reputation: 7774
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The Black community is still vey much in existence in Detroit. So no, they didn't destroy the Black community but the smaller tax based due to a reduce population and less business activity significantly reduced city services and has negatively affected the quality of education. Fortunately the city is showing some signs of rebounding.

If people make poor financial decisions or poor lifestyle decisions in terms of getting involved in crime, drugs, or having children when they can't afford them those are personal choices that an individual must take responsibility for.


So when a black person is dealing with an unplanned pregnancy, homelessness, incarceration, unemployment or lack of education due to poor decision making, is that the fault of the black person who made the bad decisions or white males generally?

Following that line of reasoning, why should white males who do not make these poor decisions nearly as often as blacks be required to sit in the back so as to remedy outcome inequalities caused by the poor decisions of blacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 08:18 PM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,130,238 times
Reputation: 17979
I thnik to be oppressed you have to accept it and I really don't see that the disadvantage of white i some areas by regulation has stopped them really. Asians certainly haven't let it bother them and in fact used it to there advantage in motivation.You have t be beter has always propelled mnay indivduals to great heights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 08:45 PM
 
1,351 posts, read 2,362,232 times
Reputation: 1219
Whites still hold a disproportionate share of power and previlege in this country. To say that Whites are oppressed is absolutely absurd.

Whites, however, are losing some of their dominance in the recent decades, which may cause some to feel alarm.

The balance of power in the world is shifting, not just in racial demographics in the US, but amongst nation states in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 PM
 
2,210 posts, read 1,530,267 times
Reputation: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That would be a compliment considering the source.

Thank You
No, it's not a compliment. Esp. when you've not even illustrated your argument well. Oh do, pray tell, illustrate how Whites are being oppressed? Can you do you do that? Since you've not really manage to come up with any evidence. You have been able to twist words, misread, not grasp basic concepts of history and sociology, but def. not form a cohesive argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top