U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-09-2011, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Viña del Mar, Chile
16,416 posts, read 25,248,018 times
Reputation: 16469

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Why is it that in all these fantasy scenarios the white kid is always the "A" student and the black kid is always only a "C" student???...says a lot about mindsets and stereotypes before the question is even presented.
Because thats how affirmative action works, it puts a less qualified minority over a more qualified white person. That is just common sense.. it has nothing to do with stereotypes and mindsets. The only thing shown in your post is that you look past the information given in the scenario because it doesn't help you, and just turn it into stereotypes. The person you were quoting was in no way stating that all minorities have lower grades than whites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-09-2011, 07:46 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,137 posts, read 15,697,342 times
Reputation: 8807
Default You want examples? Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Care to provide some examples of this "legal discrimination"?
I just did. Read the link I provided above. It's very clearly documented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 08:06 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,137 posts, read 15,697,342 times
Reputation: 8807
Default Eric Holder on the Black Panthers: They are "my people"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
There aren't many black people around who are honest enough to admit that this notion is or even could be true, when black people admit that whites may actually be racially oppressed they give up the crutch they've been using for a couple hundred years.
Given that our current so-called "Justice Department" under Eric Holder, has refused to prosecute a group of Black Panthers who were intimidating white voters at their polling place, in clear violation of law, because they are "my people" (his words), I would say that the OP's premise has some merit.

Also this:

American Thinker: The White Man's Burden (http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/03/the_white_mans_burden.html - broken link)

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 03-09-2011 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 08:12 AM
 
10,963 posts, read 7,765,879 times
Reputation: 3113
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Because thats how affirmative action works, it puts a less qualified minority over a more qualified white person.

Actually is doesn't. What Affirmative Actions does is set aside a specific number of slots for QUALIFIED APPLICANTS.

The ASSUMPTION that an application is less qualified due to Affirmative Action is an indication of a personal bias.

Affirmative action

Quote:
United States. Affirmative action was first established in Executive Order 10925, which was signed by President John F. Kennedy on March 6, 1961 and required government contractors to "not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, or national origin" as well as to "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin".[9] This executive order was superseded by Executive Order 11246, which was signed by President Lyndon B. Johnson on September 24, 1965 and affirmed the Federal Government's commitment "to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive, continuing program in each executive department and agency".[1] It is notable that affirmative action was not extended to women until Executive Order 11375 amended Executive Order 11246 on October 13, 1967, expanding the definition to include "sex." As it currently stands, affirmative action through Executive Order 11246 applies to "race, color, religion, sex, or national origin." In the U.S., affirmative action's original purpose was to pressure institutions into compliance with the nondiscrimination mandate of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.[4]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 AM
 
10,963 posts, read 7,765,879 times
Reputation: 3113
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Given that our current so-called "Justice Department" under Eric Holder, has refused to prosecute a group of Black Panthers who were intimidating white voters at their polling place, in clear violation of law, because they are "his people" (his words), I would say that the OP's premise has some merit.

Also this:

American Thinker: The White Man's Burden (http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/03/the_white_mans_burden.html - broken link)
First no one who was a VOTER ever actually complained about actual voter intimidation with the case of the Philadelphia Black Panthers.

Second, it would seem that most of the complaints about Affirmative Actions come from people who are NOT WILLING TO ADDRESS THE FACT THAT SYSTEMATIC RACIAL DISCRIMINATION STILL EXISTS IN THIS COUNTRY AND THAT IF IT DIDN'T THERE WOULD BE NO NEED FOR AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 08:22 AM
 
65 posts, read 107,645 times
Reputation: 52
Gwhopper- First off, who the HELL are you to tell others what is or 'isn't' 'racism?

Who died and made you God, in other words?

Secondly, Have you never heard of the BAKKE decision??? (Perhaps you are just a 'young skull full of mush,' and haven't learned your history!) Back in the 1970's, when the 1965 Immigration Reform Act hadn't yet done (all) it's 'dirty work,' one WHITE MALE was denied admission to Nursing School (in California), BECAUSE he was WHITE. Clearly, a Racially Motivated 'hate crime,' before such things existed.

This landmark decision was the one in which the racial supremacists (non-Whites, who ALWAYS think about race, and never about the common weal/good-- if you doubt THAT, then look at who voted for Obama on PURELY RACIAL GROUNDS, and who still think he's doing a 'great job' - an almost 96% approval rate from his fellow racial compatriots, even as the country is sliding into the Great Depression II) vowed, from THEN ON, to NEVER let 'whitey' EVER use the Civil Rights Laws for THEIR BENEFIT.

We now have an Afro/Murrican Atty' General, who has STATED PUBLICLY that this IS the case- WHITES ARE NOT TO BE RECIPIENTS OF CIVIL RIGHTS LAWS. What more legislated racism do you NEEEED!?!?!

We also now have a mulatto Prez, who (as the first [sic] 'post-racial prez,' YET sided with his own race in the Gatesgate fracas, as well as pushing through a 'let's sock whitey' via his income distribution/ Alinskyite tactics named Obamacare, even AFTER the mandate from over 70% of American voters, who said, "Enough is Enough!" in the 2010 mid-term elections.

The biggest racists in the world, to be frank, are those who think they are immune- i.e., Political Liberals, sexual perverts (gays) and members of a 'so-called' Minority Group. (i.e., ANYONE but a White Man) Their/YOUR grievance mentality BLINDS them to the facts of science, anthropology, IQ, and the bestial actions of Katrina, the Wilding going on in cities all over the country currently, Somali jihadist cells in the Upper Midwest, and the ABYSMAL education records of 'minority-majority' areas across the 'fruited plain.'

So don't give your BS on a forum, and think that others don't find it just as vacuous and emtpy of thought, as the 'hope and change BS' we were fed three years ago. Same racial posturing, different day. Implicit White Racial awareness is arising PRECISELY BECAUSE OF non-White HATRED, and as Kipling said, 'It will be a fearful day, when the White Man Begins to Hate.' And I long to see it come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,060 posts, read 3,326,106 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Because thats how affirmative action works, it puts a less qualified minority over a more qualified white person. That is just common sense.. it has nothing to do with stereotypes and mindsets. The only thing shown in your post is that you look past the information given in the scenario because it doesn't help you, and just turn it into stereotypes. The person you were quoting was in no way stating that all minorities have lower grades than whites.




I asked why the white kids have "A" averages and the black kid has the "C" average...you say that's how affirmative actions works..really!!!??

Speaking of stereotypes, here's a real dozy. Morons get on the board and go on mindless autopilot about how "less qualified" minorities got the job over the "more qualified" white person .

Just another take on the white "A" student, black "C" student scenario, usually these assertions are followed by their personal experience and the job they lost to an unqualified minority. Guess your story will be next!!

May we have some links to the "unqualified minority" data, please help us out; we black minorities can only read and write at a "C" level.

Last edited by reconmark; 03-09-2011 at 08:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,060 posts, read 3,326,106 times
Reputation: 2107

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbK...yer_detailpage

Look!!!...see how intimidated that white woman on the phone is!!!

How did she even get past those black assassins!!

Look they just beat up the white guy!!!..oh not really.

I'm sorry I did not see it, where is the intimidation of white people ???...yeah there it is.
They are black, have a stick, and asked why they were being filmed. They are obviously "confrontational".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 09:22 AM
 
10,963 posts, read 7,765,879 times
Reputation: 3113
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbK...yer_detailpage

Look!!!...see how intimidated that white woman on the phone is!!!

How did she even get past those black assassins!!

Look they just beat up the white guy!!!..oh not really.

I'm sorry I did not see it, where is the intimidation of white people ???...yeah there it is.
They are black, have a stick, and asked why they were being filmed. They are obviously "confrontational".
If you are a White American that is feaful of Black Americans based on your own biaseS, prejudices, bigotry, ignornace, and hate then yes I guess these Black Americans may seem very fearful to you. After all what would be more feaful to a bigoted prejudice, ignorant, and hateful White American that the thought of a Black American whipping theIr *ss?

Yes, the Black Panther Case Is Small Potatoes

The point is this NO VOTER ACTUALLY FILED A COMPLAINT.

Quote:
As the Commission’s work on the matter proceeded, my doubts only grew. I concluded that the claim that the Panthers “were caught on video engaging in voter suppression” is simply wrong. The only available video records an encounter between two Panthers and a young white man who was videotaping the incident. Questioning the two Panthers, he says, “I think you might be a little bit intimidating that you have a stick in your hand. . . . That’s a weapon.” A fair question for him to raise — but hardly conclusive evidence of actual or attempted intimidation.


As I said in my NRO piece, conservative commentators habitually describe the Panthers as wearing “jackboots” and being “armed.” It strikes me as a somewhat overwrought characterization; while a stick or club may be a weapon, I think the word “armed” usually connotes images of guns or knives in most peoples’ minds, and it seems gratuitous to object to the Panthers’ choice of footwear. The courts, as far as I know, have not established standards for prosecution of intimidating attire, and the libertarian in me questions why boots (not unlike ones my husband owns) are relevant to the question of voter intimidation.
Quote:
McCarthy is thrown into a tizzy by my mild observations. Apparently, I am to be excoriated for feeling that the allegations of “armed” and jackboot-clad Panthers invoke inappropriate images of Kristallnacht. His fulminations on this question quickly elide from the Panthers’ attire to their comments; he quotes them as saying things like “you’re about to be ruled by the black man,” “kill some crackers,” and “kill some of their babies.” But who said what to whom — and when?


The first statement was indeed made at the polling place, but it was directed to Bartle Bull, a Republican poll-watcher, not a voter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,868,446 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
I asked why the white kids have "A" averages and the black kid has the "C" average...you say that's how affirmative actions works..really!!!??

Speaking of stereotypes, here's a real dozy. Morons get on the board and go on mindless autopilot about how "less qualified" minorities got the job over the "more qualified" white person .

Just another take on the white "A" student, black "C" student scenario, usually these assertions are followed by their personal experience and the job they lost to an unqualified minority. Guess your story will be next!!

May we have some links to the "unqualified minority" data, please help us out; we black minorities can only read and write at a "C" level.

Dumbing down the U.S. Navy - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top