U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 AM
 
10,963 posts, read 7,771,619 times
Reputation: 3113

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Do you have any information on how many non-White Americans plebes entered the Naval Academy with scores lower than White Amercan applicants?

Do you have any information of how many non-White Naval Academy applicants in the past with scores that were better than White American applicants were denied admission to the Naval Academy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-09-2011, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,874,493 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Do you have any information on how many non-White Americans plebes entered the Naval Academy with scores lower than White Amercan applicants?

Do you have any information of how many non-White Naval Academy applicants in the past with scores that were better than White American applicants were denied admission to the Naval Academy?

Do you ever admit that you're wrong when information that proves you are wrong is right in front of your face? That's rhetorical BTW......

Here's more. Maybe you should apply for a joib on Wall Street, JRG. Thoughts?



Quote:
A little-noticed section of the Wall Street reform law grants the federal government broad new powers to compel financial firms to hire more women and minorities ó an effort at promoting diversity thatís drawing fire from Republicans who say it could lead to de facto hiring quotas.

Feds Demand Wall Street Hires More Minorities - Archive - Fox Nation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Richland, Washington
4,072 posts, read 4,972,650 times
Reputation: 2479
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 10:52 AM
 
10,963 posts, read 7,771,619 times
Reputation: 3113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Do you ever admit that you're wrong when information that proves you are wrong is right in front of your face?
The link you supplied was from the OPINION page of a website.

I simply asked you if you had any FACTUAL information in the areas I specified.

The fact that you replied with bluster instead of facts says a lot.

Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 10:53 AM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,499,585 times
Reputation: 5288
Give me a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 10:58 AM
 
10,963 posts, read 7,771,619 times
Reputation: 3113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Here's more. Maybe you should apply for a joib on Wall Street, JRG. Thoughts?






Feds Demand Wall Street Hires More Minorities - Archive - Fox Nation

The scenario is pretty much the same:

1. Blacks and other minority groups have historically been excluded from educational and job opportunities and promotion opportunities.

2. Discrimination Laws were past to prohibit exclusionary behavior and discrimination.

3. Discrimination continued to practiced against Black Americans and other minorities despite the laws in place.

4. Affirmative Action was put into place ensure various entities that had been found to discriminating would not stop.

I guess you are too fixated on non-White Americans actually getting ANY opportunities to addess that fact that Affirmative Action goes into place because:

WHITE AMERICANS CONTINUE TO PRACTICE PERVASIVE PATTERNS OF EXCLUSION AND DISCRIMINATION.

The solution is simply if you truly want to end Affrirmative Action programs END EXCLUSIONARY AND DISCRIMINTORY BEHAVIOR BY WHITE AMERICANS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,874,493 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The link you supplied was from the OPINION page of a website.

I simply asked you if you had any FACTUAL information in the areas I specified.

The fact that you replied with bluster instead of facts says a lot.

Thanks for sharing!

Oh...so you have a problem with the OPINION page?

So what will be your argument now then?

Naval Academy Professor Challenges School's Push for Diversity - washingtonpost.com

Hint: You should actually read the article before you try to dismiss something that you don't like seeing by attacking the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,874,493 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The scenario is pretty much the same:

1. Blacks and other minority groups have historically been excluded from educational and job opportunities and promotion opportunities.

2. Discrimination Laws were past to prohibit exclusionary behavior and discrimination.

3. Discrimination continued to practiced against Black Americans and other minorities despite the laws in place.

4. Affirmative Action was put into place ensure various entities that had been found to discriminating would not stop.

I guess you are too fixated on non-White Americans actually getting ANY opportunities to addess that fact that Affirmative Action goes into place because:

WHITE AMERICANS CONTINUE TO PRACTICE PERVASIVE PATTERNS OF EXCLUSION AND DISCRIMINATION.

The solution is simply if you truly want to end Affrirmative Action programs END EXCLUSIONARY AND DISCRIMINTORY BEHAVIOR BY WHITE AMERICANS.
Historically? Last I heard this is 2011. Did I hear wrong? Well, if you support AA you must think that minorities can't get by on their own merit and talents....well....alrighty then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,119 posts, read 20,193,793 times
Reputation: 8204
The hardest part of self crucifixion is driving that last nail in.

If you are being oppressed it isn't because you are white
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,874,493 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The scenario is pretty much the same:

1. Blacks and other minority groups have historically been excluded from educational and job opportunities and promotion opportunities.

2. Discrimination Laws were past to prohibit exclusionary behavior and discrimination.

3. Discrimination continued to practiced against Black Americans and other minorities despite the laws in place.

4. Affirmative Action was put into place ensure various entities that had been found to discriminating would not stop.

I guess you are too fixated on non-White Americans actually getting ANY opportunities to addess that fact that Affirmative Action goes into place because:

WHITE AMERICANS CONTINUE TO PRACTICE PERVASIVE PATTERNS OF EXCLUSION AND DISCRIMINATION.

The solution is simply if you truly want to end Affrirmative Action programs END EXCLUSIONARY AND DISCRIMINTORY BEHAVIOR BY WHITE AMERICANS.

Right....the scenario is pretty much the same:

A minority who grew up in a middle class area and family who has never experienced discrimination in any way, shape, or form in their entire life now gets special treatment where whites are legally discriminated against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top