U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 10:09 AM

29,010 posts, read 19,072,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Care to provide some examples of this "legal discrimination"?

Surely...

Grutter v. Bollinger

Regents of the University of California v. Bakke
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 10:10 AM

4,457 posts, read 3,601,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
no, but like i said you only have the white male leadership to blame. they enact the policies that you dislike. who else is to blame if you are to blame anyone?
Mostly true but, what caused this phenomenon? Being PC? Overly tolerant? Quotas?

Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 AM

3,513 posts, read 3,122,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Mostly true but, what caused this phenomenon? Being PC? Overly tolerant? Quotas?
i dont think its a phenomenom, because i dont see it. still have vast majority whites in power.

i think most white people who complain about being oppressed are either 1. trolls 2. white supremacists who expect the entitlements that they believe all blacks get, which is stupid, and 3. trolls

i think the changes back in the 60's or so by whites were the fact that white hiring companies would not hire blacks. if you would not willingly hire, they implemented policies to force them to hire blacks.

maybe the whites who complain would not have wanted those companies to be forced to hire blacks, because it opened the playing field up and took away some power, similar to the whites who benefited from government sanctioned aparthied in south africa.

thankfully most of those whites are dead now.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 AM

29,010 posts, read 19,072,053 times
Quote:
white males cant be oppressed if they have the power. government in america is still vast majority white.

if anything, its whites holding themselves back and whites only have themselves to blame if they cant find a job.

whites enacted the policies for whites to be whining about them now, so why dont they look in the mirror and see who is to blame.

it is themselves.

The real issue isn't whites, it's white males who represent 37% of the population.

Females of any race, while outnumbering males and deciding every election, are also eligible for affirmative action programs.

White males, regardless of economic status, are the sole targets of this reverse racism with poor white males disproportionately taking the hit.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The real issue isn't whites, it's white males who represent 37% of the population.

Females of any race, while outnumbering males and deciding every election, are also eligible for affirmative action programs.

White males, regardless of economic status, are the sole targets of this reverse racism with poor white males disproportionately taking the hit.
so its not white males in your opinion. its poor white males. what percent of white males are poor in your opinion?

are you one of the poor white males, and is that why you so vigorously believe in this?

Old 03-06-2011, 10:34 AM

1,684 posts, read 1,432,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post

(CNN) -- They marched on Washington to reclaim civil rights.
They complained of voter intimidation at the polls.
They called for ethnic studies programs to promote racial pride.
They are, some say, the new face of racial oppression in this nation -- and their faces are white.
"We went from being a privileged group to all of a sudden becoming whites, the new victims,'' says Charles Gallagher, a sociologist at La Salle University in Pennsylvania who researches white racial attitudes and was baffled to find that whites see themselves as a minority.
Well Mr. Grit, I don't think you can come up with some demographic, some group, that is not oppressed in some manner. For example, I can't form a White Guy Tetherball Club without being proclaimed a racist. A Black Guy Tetherball Club would be okay, White Guy Tetherball Club, no. So there you go. As a white guy does it keep me up at night? No, not too late.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:35 AM

47,314 posts, read 24,745,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Like Chris Rock said, there isn't a poor white in America who would trade places with a wealthy black man. And i'm totally inclined to agree with that statement.

White males aren't taking any hits that anyone else isn't taking....all poor people are under the gun these days.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
i dont think its a phenomenom, because i dont see it. still have vast majority whites in power.
You argued this, "they enact the policies that you dislike". to make the argument you must see it, thus creating the phenomenon.

Quote:
i think most white people who complain about being oppressed are either 1. trolls 2. white supremacists who expect the entitlements that they believe all blacks get, which is stupid, and 3. trolls
This is an uneducated reply because I do not think you read the article if you think this is trolling or about white supremacy.

Quote:
i think the changes back in the 60's or so by whites were the fact that white hiring companies would not hire blacks. if you would not willingly hire, they implemented policies to force them to hire blacks.
So you are saying that I was right when I said PC, Quotas and Over tolerance are the reasons for the phenomenon.

I am not saying it was not needed but, has it gone too far and when will it end?

Old 03-06-2011, 10:39 AM

i think the reasoning behind all white clubs not being ok is because whites are the majority and represent the majority of the public. it would be silly having an all white club when the majority are white.

to me its the equivalent of having an islam only club in a country thats 90 percent islam. its foolish, its not needed, since islam is the majority there.

at the same time, i would have no problems with a white tennis club or whatever in a majority non white city such as detroit or wherever, since whites are a minority there.

you also have the negative connotations with white exclusivity throughout history which makes the idea automatically negative in most peoples heads.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Well Mr. Grit, I don't think you can come up with some demographic, some group, that is not oppressed in some manner. For example, I can't form a White Guy Tetherball Club without being proclaimed a racist. A Black Guy Tetherball Club would be okay, White Guy Tetherball Club, no. So there you go. As a white guy does it keep me up at night? No, not too late.
God forbid there be an all white anything but the reverse is perfectly acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies