U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 12:29 PM

2,039 posts, read 2,779,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
What's goin' on in clean world?

Little b*stard shot me in the *ss.

Raisanettes.

And my favorite:

Baby please, I am not from Havana.
"Oh, it's twue, it's twue..!"
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 12:34 PM

2,039 posts, read 2,779,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have never found ANY of Mel Brooks material to be even remotely funny.

And Richard Pryor may have been one of the writers but that makes the film "Blazing Saddles" no less offensive. Too bad Richard Pryor didn't have the same type of epiphany that Dave Chappelle had with regard to agenda behind this type of demeaning satire.
Ha..! You apparently haven't seen Dave Chappele's skit: "The n-i-g-g-a-r Family?"

He threw in a bunch of black and white stereotypes in the skit but in a reverse role. Very funny!

Last edited by graceC; 03-07-2011 at 12:42 PM..

Old 03-07-2011, 01:43 PM

30,882 posts, read 24,210,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Sure it could be made today. It's light years beyond movies like "Superbad" or "The 40-Year Old Virgin".
ok people, brace for a paradox to hit, TK and i agree on something.

be still taggert, be still. my mind is aglow with whirriling transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:45 PM

30,740 posts, read 16,975,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I wasn't talking to you, was i?
41 minutes...good job....

Old 03-07-2011, 04:43 PM

20,187 posts, read 12,823,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
I saw it on TV a few months back and they silenced the N word. Actually Mel Brooks did in one scene where a bell rings, drowning out someone yelling "The sheriff is a (ding)"
Yep, if you watch it on TV now you won't hear the N word. You need to rent it if you want to see the original.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:13 PM

30,740 posts, read 16,975,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Yep, if you watch it on TV now you won't hear the N word. You need to rent it if you want to see the original.
This is one of the best points in this thread...

If it is played on CBS...NBC...FOX.......

Every "BAD" word is "Bleeped"

Why is that....really....

Old 03-07-2011, 07:17 PM

4,879 posts, read 3,774,857 times
"The Inquisition...Here we go.
The Inquisition...What a show"

"It's warped !! Why do I always get a warped one!!?"

"I'd say you had enough beans"

"Excuse me gentlemen, the affairs of state take precedence over the, uh, affairs of State"

"Ah yes, the Dr. Gillespie killings. Well do your best Boris."

Old 03-07-2011, 07:19 PM

4,879 posts, read 3,774,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
ok people, brace for a paradox to hit, TK and i agree on something.

be still taggert, be still. my mind is aglow with whirriling transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
LOLs.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:35 PM

20,187 posts, read 12,823,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This is one of the best points in this thread...

If it is played on CBS...NBC...FOX.......

Every "BAD" word is "Bleeped"

Why is that....really....
It's impossible to watch with all the bleeps. Go rent it or buy it for the original version. It's a funny movie and with all the bad words in todays movie it's silly this movie gets bleeped.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:00 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,079,123 times
I love the ignorance being spouted by some in here.

If anybody truly believes that every single Black person is a staunch advocate of political correctness, then their only exposure to Black people is probably news channels. By that logic, all Christians are like the god-warrior lady on Trading Spouses.

The PC movement within the Black community is a minority that happens to be very vocal. Nothing more, nothing less.

Blazing Saddles could've easily been made today. Ever seen mob movies? Scorcese, Coppola, Tarantino? There are BLACK PEOPLE who watch these movies. I'm one of them along with all of my immediate family. That includes my grandmother who actually did experience racism growing up in Alabama. I don't know if she has seen Blazing Saddles, but she does watch movies that contain racism and has no problem doing so.

Of course, none of this ignorance will cease to exist until people stop acting like Blacks are a foreign alien species that needs to be observed from afar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies