U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:10 PM

9,964 posts, read 11,868,326 times

Advertisements

"Can you cite one speck of hard evidence of the benefits of "diversity" that we have heard gushed about for years? Evidence of its harm can be seen — written in blood — from Iraq to India, from Serbia to Sudan, from Fiji to the Philippines. It is scary how easily so many people can be brainwashed by sheer repetition of a word."
— Thomas Sowell

It is scary and the adherents can't even tell you what it means.

Muslims don't belong in Europe and they don't belong in America either. There is no such thing as a "radical Muslim" they are all just Muslims.

I don't want them here. They have no business being here.

If this is hate or intolerance why don't you attend a nice Protestant or Catholic Church in say Saudi Arabia? Maybe take some Bibles and see who you can convert?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 06:42 AM

20,009 posts, read 15,236,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Don't know what the man is on about, probably just some good ol' fear mongering by a conservative bavarian.

Most muslims in europe are perfectly integrated into European societies. It's awesome because muslims are usually very polite and super-friendly
I like the integration pictures that Oz posted. Their Molotov cocktails are integrating nicely with riot police and flipped cars.

BTW, the chancellor agrees with him.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:56 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,090,794 times
From the article:

Germany is home to Western Europe's second-biggest Islamic population after France. The single biggest minority is Turkish. In contrast to the situation in Britain or France, where simmering racial tensions sometimes explode into violence, German Muslims live relatively peacefully alongside mainstream society, but a lack of integration has long posed a problem.

I live in Germany. I have muslim coworkers. Most of the turks have been here since the 1960s. Every germany city has Döner shops where german go to eat. Most german kids have turkish friends in school.
I can only assume that the americans that are afraid of muslims are the one that have never even spoken to many muslims/ or worked with muslims.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:00 AM

19,556 posts, read 18,806,747 times
So the Interior Minister is one of those people who has never had much experience with Muslims????

Old 03-08-2011, 07:08 AM

...and here we begin with "I live there and don't see a problem" anecdotes.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:11 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,090,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
...and here we begin with "I live there and don't see a problem" anecdotes.
According to that logic I know more about the USA than all the CD users that live in the USA because all you have got are "anecdotes".

Old 03-08-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
summers, you have that typical "Americans know exactly what is good for the rest of the world because we know better what others want; so lets invade others countries and bring them what we think they need". You are a great neo-con. Congrats, Bush would be proud.
Bush may be proud of me, but I sure as h*ll ain't proud of him.

But, the "neo-con" accusation considering my Ron Paul-ish libertarian leanings is all I need to know about your credibility. Good show! Can you provide more unverifiable anecdotal evidence on German/muslim integration to entertain us? Ooooo, but if you don't feel like making up some more stories, can we go back to the Nazi strawman the others gave up on?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Speaking to German weekly Bild am Sonntag, Angela Merkel said it would be wrong to play down statistics that show religious Muslim youths in Germany to be more prone to violence than the rest of the population.

"This is a big problem and we can talk about it openly, without arousing suspicions of xenophobia," Merkel said in the interview published on Sunday, September 5.
Muslim youth violence is a problem in Germany, says Merkel | Germany | Deutsche Welle | 05.09.2010

Seems Merkel thinks there is a problem,although she then of course rules out their religion having anything to do with it...

Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 AM

From way back in 2006.

Quote:
A top German politician and close ally of Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Saturday Islam was one of the main factors in religiously motivated violence, and urged Germany’s Muslims to reject all forms of brutality. Ronald Pofalla, general-secretary of Merkel’s conservative Christian Democrats (CDU), also said many Muslims would find it painful that their religion was being abused for violent ends.
“Certainly it is painful for many Muslims that their religion is misused for violence,” Pofalla wrote in a guest column for Sunday’s Bild am Sonntag newspaper.
“But … the problem of religiously motivated violence is today almost exclusively a problem of Islam. In addition, many of the victims are Muslims themselves,” he said, according to extracts released in advance on Saturday.
German politician blames Islam for religious violence

Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Muslim youth violence is a problem in Germany, says Merkel | Germany | Deutsche Welle | 05.09.2010

Seems Merkel thinks there is a problem,although she then of course rules out their religion having anything to do with it...
But Merkel is not an American on C/D who claims to have lived there for decades.

Oh wait...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or