Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:36 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,054,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
That is true, but it is pretty disingenuous to compare to an extremely small fraction of Christian (and non-Christians) to a very large portion of Islam that does believe this. This is a very prevalent view even in moderate Islam circles. And yes, I do know because I've lived in the Middle East (Kuwait & Turkey) and my friends who held this view were very well educated. This isn't a view just held by a small portion of that faith-group.

So, you polled every Muslim in the world on whether they believe the holocaust really happened? That must have taken a lot of time.

Disingenuous, party of one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 08:37 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,812,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
^^

So much wrong with this so little time.
Please feel free to educate us oh so open minded one.....

Do you know what a Dhimmi is?

Old 03-07-2011, 08:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,494,270 times
Quote:
Really? Why exactly would you deduce anyone here is anti-Christian? Because they do not agree with your P.O.V.?
Anyone who is against any Christian influence over our government but supports Islam which is a theocracy has some kind of agenda obviously.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,494,270 times
Just that their god and their religious law appeals to certain types more apparently. The biggest Christian haters defend Islamic takeover the most- interesting isn't it.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Anyone who is against any Christian influence over our government but supports Islam which is a theocracy has some kind of agenda obviously.

Well, gee, I'm a huge fan of the US Constitution, and applaud the 1st amendment, so I must be anti-Christian.

Wrong again.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:41 AM

4,298 posts, read 4,393,078 times
Quote:
So, you polled every Muslim in the world on whether they believe the holocaust really happened? That must have taken a lot of time.

Disingenuous, party of one.
Don't need to poll every Muslim any more than you needed to poll about those who deny the holocaust in the U.S. However, unlike your statement, those within Moderate & Radical Islam that deny the holocaust has been well documented and has been in the news quite often. CNN even covered this about 3 years ago when a Saudi Prince made such a statement. CNN did a pretty extensive show on it and interviewed passers by on the streets of S.Arabia and even their school teachers who were considered a very moderate form of Islam. My same experiences were born out by many, including CNN. I suppose that is the difference between us.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 AM

Good old wiki....

Quote:
Mainstream Islamic law does not distinguish between "matters of church" and "matters of state"; the scholars function as both jurists and theologians. In practice, Islamic rulers frequently bypassed the Sharia courts with a parallel system of so-called "Grievance courts" over which they had sole control.[citation needed] As the Muslim world came into contact with Western secular ideals, Muslim societies responded in different ways. Turkey has been governed as a secular state ever since the reforms of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk in 1923. In contrast, the 1979 Iranian Revolution replaced a mostly secular regime with an Islamic republic led by the Ayatollah Khomeini

Old 03-07-2011, 08:45 AM

ok, oz, let me illuminate you, oh curious one:

When you are as 'open minded' as most on the left are,your brains have fallen out.....

Hence their 'reasoning' regarding Islam.

My reasoning here is not to villify an entire religion for what the radicals among them do. My reasoning is Germany has done this before, and 6 million people died because of it.

Funny thing is,under Islamic law all the other aspects they hold dear(homosexual rights,womens rights,etc) would not be tolerated.

Gee I thought "they" hold human rights dear. So, you're against gay, women's rights, etc? Your tone was derisive. Ergo, you must belong to Islam (using your conclusions, of course)

Useful idiots describes them perfectly.

And you accuse the "Left" of being elitists. If the shoe fits...

Old 03-07-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Don't need to poll every Muslim any more than you needed to poll about those who deny the holocaust in the U.S. However, unlike your statement, those within Moderate & Radical Islam that deny the holocaust has been well documented and has been in the news quite often. CNN even covered this about 3 years ago when a Saudi Prince made such a statement. CNN did a pretty extensive show on it and interviewed passers by on the streets of S.Arabia and even their school teachers who were considered a very moderate form of Islam. My same experiences were born out by many, including CNN. I suppose that is the difference between us.

Again, you have a poll?

Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 AM

Sigh...the abject need of those on the left to be tolerant and inclusive is almost like a mania.

Define 'radical islam' please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies