U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 11:14 AM

3,269 posts, read 4,677,436 times

Advertisements

i don't see why not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 11:17 AM

25,165 posts, read 47,408,624 times
The Clinton family never left the whitehouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Hillary is pulling Obama's strings like Cheney did with Bush so one could argue we already have a female president.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:40 PM

69,531 posts, read 79,802,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
I do not know but Can it happen. Maybe if she had Military experience, business and wasn't too pretty. old or too ambitious, or connected or beholhing.............nah not yet.
of course we are ready, but the candidate isn't out there right now.

Nita

Old 03-07-2011, 03:45 PM

8,581 posts, read 8,943,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Bull crap. Some of the greatest military and governmental leaders the world has known have been women.

Elizabeth I would be a great example of both.

Stereotypes, I swear.....
Really ? Who?

Old 03-07-2011, 03:47 PM

334 posts, read 146,313 times
No, we're not ready for a female president. Because the world isn't ready. It would put the United States at an extreme disadvantage when it comes to foreign policy. Maybe not with all countries, but enough.

However it sure would be nice if we could elect an actual man to office in 2012.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:48 PM

54,483 posts, read 38,446,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Can we just have a president that can do his/her job right? I'm tired of this stupid "OH EM GEE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT, OH EM GEE FIRST FEMALE PRESIDENT". How about a "OH EM GEE, A PRESIDENT THAT ACTUALLY DOES THE JOB CORRECTLY"
Wishful thinking...............................

It'll be very difficult if not impossible for anyone but a D or an R to be elected POTUS

Only a political hack will get either major party's nomination

A political hack WILL owe someone

That debt will hinder doing the job correctly

Old 03-07-2011, 04:08 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,344,190 times
Why do you say is America ready for a Female President, well of course we are, it is not as if the Men have done a bang up job for us the people or our economy, or our immigration status that either party cares about. I think a Women would be more then capable except when she is PMSSSSIN know what i mean, then watch out!

Anything in life is possible but when some put restricitions on certain topics, they do have a way of backfiring. How bout a President Man or Women, who actually cares aobut the right issues, the right way to do the job and also be truly bi-partisan, not just it by talking about it. A women i think would have some hopefully good ideas but are Men actually ready for a Women President, hey we have the first Black President, right or wrong or indifferent, A women next!

Old 03-07-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Why do you say is America ready for a Female President, well of course we are, it is not as if the Men have done a bang up job for us the people or our economy, or our immigration status that either party cares about. I think a Women would be more then capable except when she is PMSSSSIN know what i mean, then watch out!

Anything in life is possible but when some put restricitions on certain topics, they do have a way of backfiring. How bout a President Man or Women, who actually cares aobut the right issues, the right way to do the job and also be truly bi-partisan, not just it by talking about it. A women i think would have some hopefully good ideas but are Men actually ready for a Women President, hey we have the first Black President, right or wrong or indifferent, A women next!
This is what's wrong with our country. Everyone is always trying to switch roles, and "prove" they can do the other gender's job.

This is why all households now REQUIRE two incomes to operate.

We're animals. Maybe if we started behaving according to our instincts, we would be much better off?

The lions lead the packs and hunt for food. The lionesses have the cubs and raise them. Those roles have worked for thousands of years. In the last 100, everyone wants to change those roles as if NATURE wasn't responsible for them. Is it any wonder people are so screwed up these days?

Old 03-07-2011, 04:24 PM

20,485 posts, read 26,632,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post

The lions lead the packs and hunt for food. The lionesses have the cubs and raise them. Those roles have worked for thousands of years. In the last 100, everyone wants to change those roles as if NATURE wasn't responsible for them. Is it any wonder people are so screwed up these days?
Wrong. In lion prides, it's the lionesses that do the majority of the hunting.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Wrong. In lion prides, it's the lionesses that do the majority of the hunting.
I'm not a lion expert. I'm too busy working, watching kids, cooking, etc, etc.

However let's not let my obvious lack of lion knowledge throw you off my point. The point is, after the roles blended together, we lost it.

What is "it"? The "American Dream". What used to be hope for the future now resides in history books, along with traditional roles.

Women have not "advanced". They've changed. Men have not "evolved". We got stuck with the cooking while mommy had to go prove she could do the same job at 80% of the salary. Nice going mom.

So now we both have to work outside, as well as inside the home, just to make the SAME living we made 60 years ago.

In accounting they call that a "net loss".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies