U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 07:36 PM

62,513 posts, read 31,547,681 times

Advertisements

Elevated Estrogen is a bad chemical for rash thinking.

It is not static, but very dynamic in its effects on the brain.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 PM

19,343 posts, read 20,360,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Elevated Estrogen is a bad chemical for rash thinking.

It is not static, but very dynamic in its effects on the brain.
Unlike testosterone.

If you disagree, I'll punch your lights out.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Unlike testosterone.

If you disagree, I'll punch your lights out.

No I agree. But I think you meant Like not Unlike.
Elevated Testosterone levels can be turned on and off in a matter of minutes to hours, not days and days.

A Male and a Females thinking can be very irrational during those elevated times.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:52 PM

657 posts, read 596,562 times
sure why should the question of gender even be an issue

Old 03-07-2011, 08:06 PM

That's why they had Kings and Queens.

The Queen kept the King in check.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:15 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,792,580 times
We really have seen only tweo seroius national leaders in Clinton and now Palin. Clinton was rejected by democrtas and palin seems to have moved to othe rthings as evisenced by her appearnace not appealing to the power that really control the republican party. I don't see any star rising just now in either aprty that is female takig the proven path to nomination.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No I agree. But I think you meant Like not Unlike.
No, I meant unlike. (Sarcasm and all that).

Quote:
Elevated Testosterone levels can be turned on and off in a matter of minutes to hours, not days and days.
It only takes a second to click that mouse button and "execute."

Old 03-07-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
We really have seen only tweo seroius national leaders in Clinton and now Palin. Clinton was rejected by democrtas and palin seems to have moved to othe rthings as evisenced by her appearnace not appealing to the power that really control the republican party. I don't see any star rising just now in either aprty that is female takig the proven path to nomination.
I predict Clinton as VP in 2012 and Prez in 2016. This country is too far gone into insanity for any other possibility.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 PM

334 posts, read 148,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""Generally, women did not work prior to WWII. Hell, they didn't work very much prior to Vietnam either."""

PUHleeese! Find a book ...a history book, several books, lots of books... about what women DID in history.

You will be shocked! And made smarter!!! Women have worked forever!
I'm not sure how or why you do not understand the concept of a generalization. Of course women worked. I'm pretty sure most people understand that yes, women have always worked since the beginning of time.

However, we're not talking about the first woman to work. I'm talking about working women becoming the norm, whereas homemakers were the norm way back when.

Burn your history book if it tells you different.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:01 PM

85,502 posts, read 99,812,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post
"Plenty" would not have been the word to use before WWII. That's what started it.

...and I'm talking about women, not girls in their 20's. Obviously every woman has to work if they're single. I'm not saying women shouldn't have the RIGHT to work. I'm saying that they should have the RIGHT to raise a family.

Given our current economic structure, brought on by too many PEOPLE in the workplace, women no longer have the right to raise a family. It's an option left only to the privileged.

Think about it. What would happen if every woman in the United States just said "Y'know what? I'm done." and quit their jobs? Men would be paid more, production would decrease, as it should, and people could get back to LIVING.

Living? Well that's something most folks only do for a few hours each week these days.
95% of all RNs are women. If we all took a hike, health care would be in bad shape. When I became a nurse in 1971, I met a lot of women who had worked for most of their married lives. Also, pay for men would not increase if nurses left the workforce, b/c so few nurses would remain, they'd all have to be laid off and hospitals, offices, etc, closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies