Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 07:24 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
Most men are able to concentrate well on one thing at a time. Since they don't seem to be overly compassionate for things, they are good at removing emotion from the situation and a make a decision that could be otherwise impossible. However, this mindset makes them rather "stupid" with other things.
Lol...yes, their hard-nosed objective nature is why men are 1000 times more likely to commit violent crime than women are.

Riiiiiiiight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 07:50 AM

694 posts, read 745,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol...yes, their hard-nosed objective nature is why men are 1000 times more likely to commit violent crime than women are.

Riiiiiiiight.
Yes. Men have a great competitive nature. Women seem to be able to get along better, although there seems to be a lot jelousy among women.

We really have two situations with men and women. Some men (not most, I hope) REALLY do think women should be kept down and not "get in the way". Some women, on the other hand, seem to think men need to be punished for all the wrong done against women in the past. Men and Women who think these relative ways to not suited for President or marriage... . Men and Women who realize they have both strengths and weaknesses that the other can support make things go better. Women need to temper men's egos and men need to temper women's emotions. It is when women try to be men and men try to be women that things start getting screwed.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

Old 03-08-2011, 07:57 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Why is EVERYTHING that seems old-fasioned automatically bad? I did not say women do the work but don't get the credit. You probably think that I am anti-woman (although being anti-man in our society seems to be OK), but I am not. For some reason, our society has gotten the idea that EVERYONE is suited for EVERYTHING. Why?

Here is why I think the way I do: It has to do with the way men's minds and women's minds work, generally speaking. If you live with men very long, you will notice they have trouble finding things, they have a tendency to loose things, forget appointments, and (relative to women) seem to be lacking in compasion overall. This is because men overall have a one-track mind. Most men are able to concentrate well on one thing at a time. Since they don't seem to be overly compassionate for things, they are good at removing emotion from the situation and a make a decision that could be otherwise impossible. However, this mindset makes them rather "stupid" with other things.

This is were women come it. Women's minds seem to be made with several tracks. They can be handling umpteen things at once, generally, and not get confused. They are much more compassionate and loving than men which makes them better at raising children and taking care of animals. This is why you normally see women in commericals asking you to help save the lives of children and animals. This is also why the Bible instucts men to love their wives and does not mention for women to love their husbands. Love and compassion is pretty much natural for women. Men have love and compassion, but they normally don't show it without working at it. Woman also look at the whole picture and many more options than men. This makes women very well suited for advisors before men do something stupid because men normally don't think things through.""

If you believe that's true(it isn't) W H Y should they be leaders????

""""A woman's higher perpensity for compassion and emotion could get in the way of making hard decisions, but without a woman in a man's life, things generally get left unfinished. God made men and women to compliment each other, not to compete with each other. I do have much respect for women and men, but I understand one can't be the other.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
You ignore the FACT that humans of both sexes share the above traits....they are interchangeable.

But if you believe you have to strictly adhere to the word of an old book and never look left or right but straight down that tunnel then you won't change your mind.

The above traits, even if true in every case(which they're not) would still NOT preclude women from leadeship, sounds like they'd be much better at it!

Since you ignored all my other "inconvenient " questions....I'll ask again for fun..

How well have MALE leaders done?

Everything just peachy under their intelligent "un-emotional", dispassionate rule??

Old 03-08-2011, 08:02 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
I wanted Hillary for President.

O'dummy isn't doing anything for us. Oh wait, he signed the "pact act" so people can't send tobacco through the mail..................wow, what an achievement......

doesn't everybody do that??????????????? WTF ????????????

Old 03-08-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Yes. Men have a great competitive nature. Women seem to be able to get along better, although there seems to be a lot jelousy among women."""

Yuppers! Keep those blinders on...NO man, according to you, has EVER shown jealousy when their girlfriend/wife showed interest in another man(???) Really!?

In REAL life men have KILLED because of jealousy

But you just had to get your little sexist(hate) zinger in against women...helps keep 'em in their place??

""We really have two situations with men and women. Some men (not most, I hope) REALLY do think women should be kept down and not "get in the way". Some women, on the other hand, seem to think men need to be punished for all the wrong done against women in the past. Men and Women who think these relative ways to not suited for President or marriage... . Men and Women who realize they have both strengths and weaknesses that the other can support make things go better. Women need to temper men's egos and men need to temper women's emotions. It is when women try to be men and men try to be women that things start getting screwed.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
"""It is when women try to be men and men try to be women that things start getting screwed. """

Or when women get "uppity" and think they're equal and should have equal rights????

Old 03-08-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You ignore the FACT that humans of both sexes share the above traits....they are interchangeable.

But if you believe you have to strictly adhere to the word of an old book and never look left or right but straight down that tunnel then you won't change your mind.

The above traits, even if true in every case(which they're not) would still NOT preclude women from leadeship, sounds like they'd be much better at it!

Since you ignored all my other "inconvenient " questions....I'll ask again for fun..

How well have MALE leaders done?

Everything just peachy under their intelligent "un-emotional", dispassionate rule??
I really can't answer you questions to any satisfaction, most likely. If you think I don't look right or left, you didn't really understand my post. Obviously there are women who would make good leaders and men who would not. The reason men's leadership doesn't work out well is because they ignore women's opinions and ideas. This goes back to the post you apparently didn't fully understand.

The main problem I am seeing in this county is not the religious people, it is the people who base their lives on things that seem "right" to them without any solid standards. The fact that you disrepected me by calling the Bible an "old book" shows me that you really don't want to listen objectively.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

Old 03-08-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I really can't answer you questions to any satisfaction, most likely. If you think I don't look right or left, you didn't really understand my post. Obviously there are women who would make good leaders and men who would not. The reason men's leadership doesn't work out well is because they ignore women's opinions and ideas. This goes back to the post you apparently didn't fully understand.

The main problem I am seeing in this county is not the religious people, it is the people who base their lives on things that seem "right" to them without any solid standards."""

The main problem I see with this country is people using an old book for their views and not using facts, logic, and common sense
to form their opinions.

""""The fact that you disrepected me by calling the Bible an "old book" shows me that you really don't want to listen objectively.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
""""Obviously there are women who would make good leaders and men who would not""""

Now you get it!

So there is NO reason a woman couldn't be president....we agree.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:31 AM

I never said she can't, just that the situation would not be the best one. Talking to people like you is frustrating. I can tell from your last post that you are the kind of person who won't look at the other person's view and whether it makes sense or not - whether or not you agree is separate from this -, you just want to win your humanist view. I can see the humanist view and see the logic in it. I just believe the God's view is superior to mine, since God has all the information and I do not.
Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I never said she can't, just that the situation would not be the best one.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Which defies logic.... a solid standard.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Which defies logic.... a solid standard.
Logic is doing what makes sense relative to a particular situation. How can a relative situation be solid when that might not be what you do the next time?

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies