U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 05:52 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,162,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
I dont even know who the hell Boehner is. All Im saying is that female candidate would have to make a BIG impression on me to get my vote. Females in a group are the most backstabbing, arguementative, whiny people to work with. Nothing ever gets done when I get stuck in a group full of women...and thats just on small scale things. I highly doubt a female POTUS would do any better than a male.
Not knowing who the Very Emotional MALE Boehner is not surprising since you also have no knowledge of history or women's contribution to it, whatsoever.
Nor do you know that male politicians are backstabbing, argumentative,whiny people...again...you sound very..well young...

Because from your description of women you must not have much experience in the real world where PEOPLE are all different.

And even so, why couldn't you address the questions?

No"emotional touchy feely BS" like REPUBLICAN Boehner blubbering like a baby every two minutes???? Ya, I agree, that IS disgusting!

""""and if she started appointed mostly female advisors, well, you know nothings going to get done""""

So, a male president doesn't get anything done because most of HIS advisors are the same sex?
Women don't get things done? Wanna bet!

Have you checked out all the females who have been elected to public office? Do they all have all female staffs? How do they get things done?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 11:40 AM

3,398 posts, read 7,007,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
That's a bunch of BS, I have worked with groups of males, females and combinations of both, I have never seen any such thing, whiny backstabbers who get nothing done come in both genders, anyone who says otherwise only sees what they believe to be true, not reality. The right person for the job can be of either gender, I'm so tired of these idiotic sexist posts making huge generalizations about women, or men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Not knowing who the Very Emotional MALE Boehner is not surprising since you also have no knowledge of history or women's contribution to it, whatsoever.
Nor do you know that male politicians are backstabbing, argumentative,whiny people...again...you sound very..well young...

Because from your description of women you must not have much experience in the real world where PEOPLE are all different.

No"emotional touchy feely BS" like REPUBLICAN Boehner blubbering like a baby every two minutes???? Ya, I agree, that IS disgusting!

""""and if she started appointed mostly female advisors, well, you know nothings going to get done""""

So, a male president doesn't get anything done because most of HIS advisors are the same sex?

Have you checked out all the females who have been elected to public office? Do they all have all female staffs? How do they get things done?
Presidents dont get anything done because they're either (a) indecisive idiots or (b) Democrats and Republicans are too busy fighting one another to do a damn thing to help get things done. POTUS cant, and doesnt, do everything themselves.
Option b any president will be subjected to, male or female.
Admittedly, no. Unless they make the news for getting shot or resigning the governorship of Alaska, I pay little attention to who these people are outside of my own state's elected officials unless its election time and they're running for something that effects me.

By the way, I DO have a great deal of knowledge of history, and there are a quite a few females in said history I admire. Only one of them is living. Dont presume to tell me what I know and what I dont when nothing of the sort has been mentioned in the thread itself.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I dont even know who the hell Boehner is. All Im saying is that female candidate would have to make a BIG impression on me to get my vote. Females in a group are the most backstabbing, arguementative, whiny people to work with. Nothing ever gets done when I get stuck in a group full of women...and thats just on small scale things. I highly doubt a female POTUS would do any better than a male.
Quote:

Quote:
Presidents dont get anything done because they're either (a) indecisive idiots or (b) Democrats and Republicans are too busy fighting one another to do a damn thing to help get things done. POTUS cant, and doesnt, do everything themselves."""

No, but they are influenced by people of the other party, so knowledge of who the Speaker of the House is can be very important...unless you lump all speakers of the House in one large group like you do women.

"""Option b any president will be subjected to, male or female."""

Right here you flip flop and say it doesn't make any difference what sex the President is...??? Yet you demand more from a female candidate....""female candidate would have to make a BIG impression on me to get my vote.""

"""Admittedly, no. Unless they make the news for getting shot or resigning the governorship of Alaska, I pay little attention to who these people are outside of my own state's elected officials unless its election time and they're running for something that effects me.

By the way, I DO have a great deal of knowledge of history, and there are a quite a few females in said history I admire. Only one of them is living. Dont presume to tell me what I know and what I dont when nothing of the sort has been mentioned in the thread itself.
Oh? But you declared your ignorance of women with your statement:"" Females in a group are the most backstabbing, arguementative, whiny people to work with. Nothing ever gets done when I get stuck in a group full of women""

You based your sexist opinion on your small experience indicating you did NOT know history and women's contributions to it....if you truly knew history AND women you'd know how ridiculous that sexist narrow minded view of women is.

Here's a question you missed:

Have you checked out all the females who have been elected to public office? Do they all have all female staffs? How do they get things done ?

Old 05-27-2011, 01:25 PM

3,398 posts, read 7,007,389 times
Quote:
Oh? But you declared your ignorance of women with your statement:"" Females in a group are the most backstabbing, arguementative, whiny people to work with. Nothing ever gets done when I get stuck in a group full of women""

You based your sexist opinion on your small experience indicating you did NOT know history and women's contributions to it....if you truly knew history AND women you'd know how ridiculous that sexist narrow minded view of women is.

Here's a question you missed:

Have you checked out all the females who have been elected to public office? Do they all have all female staffs? How do they get things done ?
Are you female? Have you been subjected to those behaviors when in a group of nothing but females? The dynamic is different when there is a male or two in the mix. I am, and I have, so many times that I am to the point I dont even like working with many other women.You get alot of high-powered women in one group, and eventually it wont matter they're on the same team, the power-plays will ensue, making them no better than a male group.

To answer your question, AGAIN, no, I dont. I dont pay attention to them unless one gets shot or another resigns the governorship of a state.
Something major has to happen or be going on for me to give a damn about any politician.
If they dont belong to my state, I dont care.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Are you female? Have you been subjected to those behaviors when in a group of nothing but females? The dynamic is different when there is a male or two in the mix. I am, and I have, so many times that I am to the point I dont even like working with many other women.You get alot of high-powered women in one group, and eventually it wont matter they're on the same team, the power-plays will ensue, making them no better than a male group.""""

And why should they be? They are human,too, and come in a variety of personalities, attitudes, ambitions, morals, intelligence, dispositions...they have NO responsibility to be BETTER THAN men...have you ever considered it isn't THEM who have a problem...????

"""To answer your question, AGAIN, no, I dont. I dont pay attention to them unless one gets shot or another resigns the governorship of a state.
Something major has to happen or be going on for me to give a damn about any politician.
If they dont belong to my state, I dont care.
Then whether a candidate for president is male or female doesn't matter to you....although you did say a female would have to meet your high standards(???)

Old 05-27-2011, 07:29 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,166,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Not liking a particular female candidate does not make one anti woman, just like with a male candidate, the candidate needs to stand for whatever issues the voter believes in. No intelligent person would vote for someone based solely on their gender.
I agree. I won't vote for anyone who I don't agree with on fundamental issues. Having a female president or a minority president is a very welcome bonus that I hope for someday, but he/she has to not only stand for what I believe in, but stick to those beliefs. God forbid a nutcase like Palin won. All of the sexist morons would use the disaster of her presidency to argue against any future female presidents. Just like the people who are disappointed with Obama are attributing his presidency to his race and not to his person.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:32 PM

8 posts, read 7,251 times
Respectfully, I am going to say that I am not ready for a woman president.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvinnie View Post
Respectfully, I am going to say that I am not ready for a woman president.
Why?

Unless you plan on having sex with a President what difference would it make what their sex is???

Old 05-28-2011, 06:54 PM

272 posts, read 432,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
Some women would and can, but women are not meant to be leaders overall. They are meant to be advisors.
Oh please stop with the sexism already.

Old Today, 05:45 PM

10,092 posts, read 5,482,643 times
I'd vote for plenty of women to be president and already voted for a female vice president. My vote has zero to do with gender. Maybe if Hillary had practiced this she'd be potus today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies