U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 06:34 PM

694 posts, read 627,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
You speak for God And I thought Charlie Sheen had a big ego!
As a Christian, I believe the Bible is the Word of God. I am not speaking for God. I am simply saying what God said, as I believe it. If you people actually believed in anything concretely, you wouldn't have to say such dumb things as "You speak for God." Sheen DOES have a big Ego and truly need help.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 06:38 PM

2,415 posts, read 2,361,135 times
Default she is a big name

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I believe you mean Oprah Wimpfries...
......well loved, but would you wish that job on someone you like?

Old 03-06-2011, 06:59 PM

Default This POST IS A DICUSSION OF AMERICAN'S WILLINGNESS TO ELLECT A FEMALE PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpstn View Post
as a christian, i believe the bible is the word of god. I am not speaking for god. I am simply saying what god said, as i believe it. If you people actually believed in anything concretely, you wouldn't have to say such dumb things as "you speak for god." sheen does have a big ego and truly need help.

Charles sands
smyrna, tn
.................please think in terms of the thread, thank you

Old 03-06-2011, 07:00 PM

24,889 posts, read 20,410,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
.........does Americia have the political will to drug test and brain scan any one seeking public office, or is rolling the dice O.K.?
Show me in the Constitution where it lays forward those as a requirement to run for POTUS.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:03 PM

24,889 posts, read 20,410,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
As a Christian, I believe the Bible is the Word of God. I am not speaking for God. I am simply saying what God said, as I believe it. If you people actually believed in anything concretely, you wouldn't have to say such dumb things as "You speak for God." Sheen DOES have a big Ego and truly need help.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
God also said to murder homosexuals, do you do that as well? Do you like pork? Do you work on Saturday or use any other kind of modern machinery on the sabbath? I bet you go to church on Sunday too don't you?

Funny how people pick and choose what they want to believe is the "word of God".

Old 03-06-2011, 07:03 PM

85,096 posts, read 99,227,733 times
Quote:
I would say the country IS pretty much ready. I would not vote for a woman because women are too emotional to handle the extreme pressure. Women would make EXCELLENT advisors, though.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Good lord! Ever heard of:
Golda Meier
Indira Ghandi
Angela Merckel
QE I
QE II
Benazir Bhutto
Margaret Thatcher
And many more?

Old 03-06-2011, 07:08 PM

Default This is not a religious question

Quote:
It won't insult a Christain woman, or shouldn't anyway. My views are out-of-date ONLY IF the views of God are out-of-date. I suppose God IS out of date now by the standards of humanity. By the way, I HAVE told people this when I have been asked about women being President. They didn't care for it but seemed to understand when I told them that women make good advisors because their minds are made to, not only concentrate on multiple things at once, but are also more compasionate and consider more options than the average man.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
............FOR ONE MUST INTERPRATE THE BIBLE TO ANSWER a question from a Bible perspective. THAT WAY..........I am not anti faith .......but emotion can cloud any disipline, the study of religion is different the emotional discussions that seem to enter the threads of this web-site PLEASE FOLLOW THEE ( THOU?) THREAD

Old 03-06-2011, 07:13 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,151,779 times
I think it'd be great if we had a female president. Even nicer if she were a minority. Of course, provided that she was also a good president. This is supposed to be a country where everyone has an equal chance, so what's the problem with a woman being president?
People like to say that they don't want to hear about "the first black president" and "the first female president" or whatever and I suspect that sentiment comes mostly from whites and/or men. If qualifications and ability to do the job were the only thing that mattered, we would already have had plenty of minority and female presidents.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:15 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,678,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
I do not know but Can it happen. Maybe if she had Military experience, business and wasn't too pretty. old or too ambitious, or connected or beholhing.............nah not yet.
bluescityleon !!! ... Great Subject Matter !

Indeed at this absolutely horrendous time in America's so called "Political History" as we sadly consider the "Epic Failure" of "The One & Crew" in the ole Yankee WH ... Even Mr. Ed "The Talking Horse" of T.V. fame, (if he were available for the next election) would be a most welcome change indeed !

At the very least Mr. Ed was portrayed as having borderline intelligence for Pete's sake !!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH !

You've never heard of a talking horse ? Talk to Mr. Ed !!! Harr ... Har !

Cheerio Mates / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 03-06-2011, 07:17 PM

Default Did not say it was in the constitution........

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis1979 View Post
show me in the constitution where it lays forward those as a requirement to run for potus.
......but to ignore the tools at hand to help improve out chances , is like a man who sets out to build a house without counting the cost....sound familiar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies