U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 08:51 PM

2,415 posts, read 2,363,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
So essentially, what you're asking for a man in a woman's body. What is wrong with a female leader that displays feminine features? And by feminine I don't mean weak and anti-men; I mean diplomatic, semi-pacifist, and one who displays calmness. Margaret Thatcher was liked by so many because she beat men at their own game, but to call her a "female" leader is a little too far fetched in my opinion. Times are changing, and with a larger and smarter female populace showing ever more interest in local politics and international relations, you will be surprised one day my friend.
............tax return brain scan. She could be a Bueaty, an Afro Beauty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 08:54 PM

6,013 posts, read 6,755,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis1979 View Post
i believe that if hillary had won the nomination in 2008, she would have been president..
i think

mccain would have won

Old 03-06-2011, 08:56 PM

1,587 posts, read 3,154,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
So essentially, what you're asking for a man in a woman's body. What is wrong with a female leader that displays feminine features? And by feminine I don't mean weak and anti-men; I mean diplomatic, semi-pacifist, and one who displays calmness. Margaret Thatcher was liked by so many because she beat men at their own game, but to call her a "female" leader is a little too far fetched in my opinion. Times are changing, and with a larger and smarter female populace showing ever more interest in local politics and international relations, you will be surprised one day my friend.
What does that mean? Women have different personalities, and last time I heard, Margaret Thatcher is female. "Diplomatic" "semi-pacifist" and "calmness" aren't exclusively feminine traits; they're also desirable in men.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:57 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,426,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsTN View Post
I would say the country IS pretty much ready. I would not vote for a woman because women are too emotional to handle the extreme pressure. Women would make EXCELLENT advisors, though.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN
Not really. They have a better role to fill.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:58 PM

29,669 posts, read 32,123,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
i think

mccain would have won
I don't think that ever would have happened, Hillary would have crushed him as easily as Obama did.

The country is more than ready for a female President. It's just that we don't have any candidates.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:05 PM

694 posts, read 628,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
You are saying what God said as You believe it.How do you know you are correct in your interpetation that God does not want a female president when many other Christian nations have had women leaders Who are " you people" ??
When I said "you people", I meant people who don't believe in religion OR people who love to bash it. I must apologize. This is not necessarily you, so I shouldn't have used it.

The Bible does not say specifically that women cannot lead, but says that men are to lead in the church and at home, and women to be in support and advisory roles. Since the Church is an example of lifes roles, my belief is that women should not lead the govenment. Not all Christians believe this and some - too many - have watered down their beliefs to adhere more to political correctness. This could explain why many countries have or have had women leaders. In the event you are wondering, if a woman were elected President, I would have to follow her leadership.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

Old 03-06-2011, 09:09 PM

694 posts, read 628,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't think that ever would have happened, Hillary would have crushed him as easily as Obama did.

The country is more than ready for a female President. It's just that we don't have any candidates.
I agree. McCain wouldn't have won even if it had Hillary Clinton against him.

Charles Sands
Smyrna, TN

Old 03-06-2011, 09:28 PM

956 posts, read 952,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
What does that mean? Women have different personalities, and last time I heard, Margaret Thatcher is female. "Diplomatic" "semi-pacifist" and "calmness" aren't exclusively feminine traits; they're also desirable in men.
My apologies, I was just reading some articles on the rise of feminism in the international system, and one of the main themes that I kept hearing was how feminists felt that a true female leader should be one who represents those attitudes I posted. I am not under the illusion that those traits are exclusive to one group... should have cleared that up.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:30 PM

Default Leaked>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
I wish Hillary wanted to run in 2012, but it seems either she likes her position or doesn't want to eeign how much Pres. Obama has to put up with. Oh and those leaked cables don't help.
Tell us about the cables?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:56 PM

Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

............water under the bridge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies